Early Age
- 1 (25%)
Middle Age
- 2 (50%)
Late Age
- 1 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 27

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round 23 - It wasn't fine :'(  (Read 30471 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round 23 - Join, Setup, Fluff
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2016, 09:32:49 am »

I think underwater nations need less territory than surface nations. Their national units will crush any indies that another player might recruit to take an underwater province, but they usually have the ability to take and hold land provinces. Ermor might be able to be an exception to this making Italica a good choice, but that means no one else can be added to the game. Are we done accepting people?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2016, 10:00:23 am »

I could conceivably switch to Oceania. They're a bit like a more boring underwater Pangaea, anyway.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2016, 10:19:29 am »

Hey Oceania is great, it won me a game ; ) (Mostly just politics actually, but whatever)

Anyway, Tears of Heaven is great then, its 13 provinces (rounded down) for each land Nation (7) and 15 for the one Water Nation (94 land + 15 sea.)

Since the two country sides are seperated heavly by water, it makes most people want to cross it in one way or another, which aids that project.

Again, as a non-competetive force, I'd be like a slightly more dangerous indi force you can hire to mind hunt your enemys.

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2016, 12:39:39 pm »

I'm sorry guys but I think it's better if I not join. I just realized I'll be gone for a couple times in the coming weeks, and very busy even when I'm at home. Maybe some other time!

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2016, 01:53:38 pm »

I think I'll take Caelum?

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2016, 01:44:21 am »

Hmm... if  Shadowgandor is pulling out, I could potentially join in to keep you at 8 players (since it looks like most, if not all, of the world is trying to exterminate me in 422.)

I don't know the middle age nations all that well - what are the 'gimped' nations? I'm probably experienced enough that I should pick one of those.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2016, 02:00:46 am »

Let's see, pretty sure Abyssia counts. So does Marignon to an extent. Both have diversity problems. Those are the two off the top of my head.

Shinuyama and Asphodel possibly?

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round 23 - 8/8, Vote for Map
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2016, 02:09:05 am »

Thanks for joining AlStar, the nations chaoticag mentioned are pretty much on point. Otherwise, simply "leave" 100 design points blank - this seems to be the most flexible way to gimp yourself and still play a nation you enjoy afterall.

I put up a poll for maps, but if you have another one in mind, tell me and we'll add it. People can change the vote after voting.

*E: I'd like to start at or before friday, the weekend could be good to get a bunch of turns in.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2016, 09:26:53 am »

So, if we end up with Tears of Heavens and need an UW nation, I guess I'll be Oceania. I'll be an F/W major-blessed Oceania, and it will be a total fustercluck and I'll lose horribly, but I do believe it will be fun. :P

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2016, 12:46:43 pm »

I'm up for there being a gang war between r'lyeh and Oceania. I did end up voting for tears of heaven too. Though yeah, underwater nations in that case will need to achieve landfall.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2016, 03:24:01 am »

It'll be ugly, but as I stated, I will not be hyper competetive or even have winning as my goal. Maybe we can come to a aggreement - I also played Oceania in previous MPgames, so I have to say, they are quite a powerhouse if left alone.

I'll host later today and let ya'll know.

Ok, so Tear of Heavens is specifically made for 1 water nation start, but I'll test to see what happens with 2 water nations. Here is the map text anyway:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit: This happens if you have 2x UW nations.

So I don't feel like we need 2, if we stick with this map. If you prefer water, Sean, I can switch, I'm really not bound.

Edit 3:

I searched the web and found a version with better starts:

Saildistance is 1 btw.

Settle on your picks and we can get started.

Map:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/v0jtnsucpfodfcw/Tears%20of%20Heaven.zip?dl=0

Alright, game has started and we are good to go. - I added a help section in the first post for our new players, best of luck to everyone!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 04:53:55 am by ThtblovesDF »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round 23 - Your game is now ready to accept pretenders.
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2016, 04:15:03 am »

I'm not specifically fond of the idea of having to share 15 provinces between two UW nations. We'd both have to immediately occupy land. And I do like Pangaea's dryads more than Oceania's sirens. On the other hand, if I crush you I'll have the seas to myself. On the other other hand, letting R'lyeh loose in the sea is not my idea of a great idea. Decisions, decisions. :P

edit: I flipped a coin, and I guess I will be Oceania after all. This will be a glorious fustercluck.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 04:24:21 am by Sean Mirrsen »

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2016, 05:13:17 am »

It'll be pretty harsh - I checked a few more times and sometimes the game just puts you in that really bad middle sea. We'll start with our current setup anyway, if I land in that puddle, thats fine as I don't intend to do much anyway - It'll be harsh, since the land nations get a average of 16 Land provinces each, with 2 uw nations around, but often single land nations will dominate far more - and being the bridge between the two nations, the water will be contested sooner or later.

If you end up in the puddle in the north, we'll restart Sean.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2016, 05:25:36 am »

Oceania should actually be pretty fine in a puddle. There's a grand total of one recruitable commander that can't leave water by default, and that's fixable in short order via a shambler skin hauberk or an amulet of the fish.

Also what "north"? The map wraps in all directions. :P

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2016, 07:27:08 am »

Aw. Dammit, why. :|

I found an edge wrap coloring error on the map, and now I'll never be able to not look at it.
edit: I edited it! I'm not sure if using a different map image impacts the multiplayer game any, but if it doesn't and you want to be spared the tiny annoyance, here it is.

In other news, I tried a few times (emulating our setup via 6 random AIs, one R'lyeh AI and one Oceania me) and the game staunchly refused to put me into the puddle. It's probably not totally random.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 07:36:16 am by Sean Mirrsen »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 27