Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12

Author Topic: Rise of the Monstrous Kingdom (6/6) - IC - Year 0, Trimester 3  (Read 26694 times)

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Monstrous Kingdom (6/6) - IC - Year 0, Trimester 3
« Reply #150 on: October 04, 2016, 08:12:35 pm »

Incase the armored monsters in a sphere of water where they will be pressurized into dust while also piercing the non armored ones with pressurized water spears
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 08:30:45 pm by Bluexdog »
No sig yet

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 05, 2016, 08:27:38 am »

"....Devourer was a bit of a creepy......thing and unnerved some of the others but they behaved......i suppose....."
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 06, 2016, 01:57:56 pm »

"I shall set out to the Plains, as you prefer. Are there any specific objectives to fulfill?"

Get objectives, if there are any besides 'murder the Plains hard enough to make everyone surrender'. Then prepare the troops to march to the Plains.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 06, 2016, 08:52:25 pm »

I AM OGG, OGGER MAGI, WE WILL TAKE THE MOUNTAINS!!!
I Yell.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 08, 2016, 06:06:28 pm »

(Turn please?)
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 08, 2016, 11:29:19 pm »

Turn 4.1 : Year 1 of the Zethean Calendar ~First Trimester~

Rakar the Lryka
Continue to search for a community of monsters that have yet to side with the Dragons and Giants

Recruit monsters while we are traveling

Long Term Actions :
-Search for monstrous communities not allied to Dragons and Giants
-Recruit

• I - Recruitment : [2]

Having left the Griffins nests, you kept traveling in the mountains to look for suitable combatants. But you only wandered in barren and barely inhabited regions. You only recruited individual monsters.

5 Elemental-type monsters [CR6]

• II - Search for communities : [2]
Your search for monstrous communities not allied with Dragons and Giants was unsuccessful. Their influence has been increasing a lot recently.

• III - Event -Storm Lions- : [4]

You have been wandering the Mountains gathering monsters for more than half a year now. While you were preparing yourself for what could come the actors moved behind the scene.

A group of Storm Lions came to meet you during your wanderings. They informed you the tribes had been successfully united after a "heated argument" erupted and some tribe leaders "relinquished" their command rights. They are now ready to attack the Dragons and Giants, and will lend you assistance.

They also asked if you would get reinforcements from your kingdom to wage war against the Dragons and Giants.

Storm Lions full forces are ready to lend assistance to Rakar to fight Dragons and Giants

Spoiler: Rakar's Forces (click to show/hide)

Azarian the Throughtbeast
During the welcoming:"Better than expected in some ways, Endovar. The devourer is a.. Special case to be sure. I wish to keep them close to me for the time being in the interest of... improving their performance and situation respectively. In the meantime, I have much to attend to. I wish you three well."

After the envoys met the king:"You look troubled, Segas. Would you care to talk with me?"

After chatting with Segas:"Greetings Occuloroth, I will be staying here for a time. I need to organize and discuss with one of the generals about organizing a conquest of the coast. I Also urgently need to speak to Temet about a friend of mine, Preferrably in private.

Long term: Learn all I can in general, and expand my Intellect. Offer my troops the chance to leave their drafting and retire to the city to show I am not overly harsh. Have those that stay train both their bodies and their minds. In particular, If Berache stays I wish to have him train in leadership.

Short term: Speak to Temet about the devourer. Attempt to locate and request one of the generals or generals-to-be to aid me in conquering the coast.

Long Term Actions :
-Learn all you can, expand Intellect
-Offer choice to troops
-Train troops (Berache LEA)

• I - Conversations :

With Endovar:
"I will be looking forward for your report. I bid you good luck Azarian."
You then left, leaving the Devourer behind at Endovar's request.

With Segas:
"I am troubled by everything I saw since I arrived in this place. I can't fathom how so many different are managing to live together peacefully under the rule of this sole king. Yet they do... Which reminds me of all the past failed attempts to unite the Coast, no matter how charismatic and strong was a monster, they never managed what we are seeing now.
Will the monsters of the Coast be united or will they all perish ? I can't help but wonder."

Segas seemed to imply there was something exceptional in the king Radeus.

With Occuloroth:
"Of course, I will bring you to him. In the meantime I will seek a suitable and available general."

• II - With Temet :

Occuloroth guided you to a deep level of the Tartarus. It was located next to a nexus of magic energy that took the form of a pool of inky liquid giving off a turquoise glow.
"Oh you are... Azarian right ? I remember meeting you, to what do I owe your visit ?"

• III - Choice, Training and Intellect expansion :

Choice: [1]
Half of the monsters accompanying you decided to leave your troops, wishing to experience the life in Tartarus.
2 Amphibians and 5 Crustaceans left

Troops Training :
Troops : [2]
Berache [Lea]: [5] [5]

The monsters who stayed trained both their minds and bodies. They maintained their combat potential acute, but didn't became stronger.
Berache on the other hand was mentored by veterans with sharp insight. The advices and lessons he got from them greatly expanded his view of commanding, and he showed a true talent as a leader. Berache LEA increased by 2.

Intellect Expansion : [3] [2]
With the keen minds of the Magic Research Department, you learnt curious concepts about magic and theories. Some of them were far to abstract, and you didn't understood them properly. Your Intelligence slightly increased.

• IV - Occuloroth search : [6]

Occuloroth came back tomorrow with a scroll.
"Of the actual and potential commanders I contacted, three showed great interest in assisting you. Shantaïr the Nadjinn, Apocrit the Bronze Wasp and Myrmidas the Gold Colossus. I wish to warn you first, the three of them have some sort of rivalry going on. As such I suspect choosing one of them will make the two others resent you a little."

Shantair is a Nadjinn, a monster with the body of a giant cobra and a humanoid torso. She comes from a far away desert and command a force of monsters from the desert. Her strong points are magic and leadership.

Apocrit is a Bronze Wasp, a giant wasp with an extremely hard bronze colored chitin. He comes from the frontier of Zethe yet traveled a lot as his species is a solitary and nomadic one. He command alike insectile monsters. His strong points are strength and intelligence.

Myrmidas is a Gold Colossus, a gigantic humanoid made of a gold colored material. No one knows his place of birth. He commands a force of solid elementals. His strong points are strength and leadership.

Incidentally, you learnt envoys from the mountains arrived recently. The first group was a trio of powerful giants from a local alliance of Dragons and Giants. It seems Bloops came in contact with them before dying, and they brought his remains back with the monsters he gathered.
The second group was a small number of winged beasts called Griffins having met Rakar.

Spoiler: Azarian's Troops (click to show/hide)

Emily the Bard Siren
Incase the armored monsters in a sphere of water where they will be pressurized into dust while also piercing the non armored ones with pressurized water spears

Skirmish -Round1- :

Emily -Water Sphere- [Mag3]: [6+3]
Emily -Water Spears- [Mag3]: [6+3]
Before the enemies can get into range you unleash your water magic on them.
Enormous spheres of water surround the Crustaceans, crushing them with so much strength even their sturdy carapaces cracked and broke under the pressure.
Pressurized water spears are fired at the two reptiles, piercing their soft skin and thick layers of fat inflicting deep wounds.

Two Crustaceans died from fatal internal injuries.

But the strain of trying to unleash attacks everywhere at once was so much for your body that you fell to your knees, feeling suddenly extremely weakened.

The heavily crippled surviving monsters preferred to retreat, unwilling to take anymore risk.

"They are retreating, we should be safe for now."
"Are you okay ?" said your allies.

Emily energy reserves are exhausted.

Skirmish Over -Enemy Retreated-

Spoiler: Emily's Allies (click to show/hide)

Rin/Devourer the Crin

"....Devourer was a bit of a creepy......thing and unnerved some of the others but they behaved......i suppose....."

"So there are two dominant ego in your body." said Endovar as if gathering data.

Then he took an unflinching and insensitive voice.
"You may thanks Azarian for his positive report. Has he given a negative answer about you, I would have taken more drastic measures... Devourer, Zethe has a deal to offer to you. As you may know, a core policy of Zethe is to accept any monsters regardless of their origins and powers, as long as they are not a threat to the other citizens.

You are no exception. As such here is my deal : either keep serving under Azarian for an undetermined period of time, or be studied by our researchers to get a chance of immediate freedom and Zethean citizenship."

Endovar is giving you a choice :
-Keep serving under Azarian until they either find a solution for you or deem you as loyal enough.
-Be researched by Zethe's magic experts to determine whether or not you are a threat, and if you can be controlled or accommodated.

Eversor the Death Lord -Animated Armor-
"I shall set out to the Plains, as you prefer. Are there any specific objectives to fulfill?"

Get objectives, if there are any besides 'murder the Plains hard enough to make everyone surrender'. Then prepare the troops to march to the Plains.

"The greater objective of your expedition will be to pacify and unite the Plains. This objective itself has an extremely high priority as the kingdom will need the lands of the plain for food production and future settlements. There is another lesser objective that concern strategic resources : you are to locate and secure any nexus of magic and water sources."

Objectives:
-Unite the Plains (Main)
-Locate and secure nexus of magic (Secondary)
-Locate and secure water sources (Secondary)

Long Term Actions :
-Prepare yourself

• I - Preparation :

Bonus: [4]
While you went on to prepare your troops, Sullima announced you your army was supplied special food developed specially for undead. Lesser and medium undead need sustenance to stay at full power. Flesh generally gives the most undead energy, but they managed to create special "undead rations" through magic and decomposition.

+3 months worth of undead rations : will positively impact morale.

Afterward, you reviewed the troops. The training made your troops more disciplined.
Before you stood the Blade of Tartarus, hundreds of loyal undead ready to fight for the kingdom. This sight filled you with pride and kindled your commander spirit.
Esl, Arp and Dys Estyx stood beside you while the Animated Armors and Iphalanx were standing in front of their respective squads.

Incidentally, you learnt envoys from the mountains arrived recently. The first group was a trio of powerful giants from a local alliance of Dragons and Giants. It seems Bloops came in contact with them before dying, and they brought his remains back with the monsters he gathered.
The second group was a small number of winged beasts called Griffins having met Rakar.

Actions taking place in a past time period

Ogg Goreth Junger the Oogr -Magi-
I AM OGG, OGGER MAGI, WE WILL TAKE THE MOUNTAINS!!!
I Yell.

"OGG !" the monsters shouted in unison to signify their acceptance of a new boss.

The small goblin tried to swim through the crowd of tall and muscular monsters.
"Ogg ! Ogg ! There are formalities to..."

His small voice was drowned in the cheers. Later, he made you a summary of your squad.

You were given command of 20 humanoid monsters of all origins. All of them were very strong but didn't have the authority or intelligence required to command large troops. Furthermore they were pretty wild and undisciplined, making it hard to integrate them in some already formed groups.

Ogg CR reevaluated to 20

Spoiler: Ogg's Troops (click to show/hide)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 09, 2016, 12:02:15 am »

"......I.... depends.....what do you see as a solution...for the scientists is there a scenario where you would kill Me...I want devourer dead but...I don't want to die."

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 09, 2016, 12:25:10 am »

Endovar spoke with sincere words :
"Death is a possibility, but not the solution we seek. If possible, we would like to find a way to control or develop countermeasures against the Devourer's powers. And who knows, maybe a cure to your affliction will be found in the process."

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 09, 2016, 04:21:00 am »

"....If I choose the mission path there is still a chance of my death.I....am Rin and the form you see before you is the original...Devourer is a invader born of a ritual that wreckef into my mind and morphed my.......this form you see into the.... disturbing form you saw from him.....I would like the research it is the best chance I probably have....It is nice to meet you sorry about being so formal I kinda do that when I'm nervous."
Rin is awkwardly rubbing her head breathing deep.

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 09, 2016, 10:20:50 am »

"Just a bit tired ill be fine" Emily continues onward. she also keeps an eye out for civilization
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 01:30:44 pm by Bluexdog »
No sig yet

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 09, 2016, 11:54:29 am »

With Segas:"Yes, it certainly is a bit of an enigma.let us puzzle out the reason behind it later, when it is certain that this is a success."

With Temet :"I have a interesting problem for you to help solve. As you may be aware, I am currently watching and caring for a devourer. What you might not be aware of is that there is a intact human mind in the same body as it. I need a way to separate the two minds into different bodies without harming either half."

after Occuloroth's search :"Let me speak to them and judge each of them thouroughly. It is important that I pick the best general for this particular job."
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 12:48:32 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 09, 2016, 01:20:18 pm »

Eversor nods approvingly while looking on his soldiers.

"Blade of Tartarus! We have been entrusted with a mission from the King of Zethe himself! Today, we set out to conquer the Plains of Wenat! Fight well and we all shall be rewarded accordingly!"

We march on the Plains. Review the information we have and discuss with Dys Estyx as to what should be our first target and our overall plan. The spectres will scout our way.

((Just as I finished writing it up I realized that the track I was listening to at the time fit surprisingly well to my current 'prepare for war' situation. Here's a link to it.))
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Atian the Elephantman God

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 09, 2016, 04:16:29 pm »

"I will send a letter to the King for reinforcments for now begin preparations for the coming battles."

Make camp and write a letter to King Radeus

"I have attained the help of the Storm Lions and Griffins to take the Mountains of Orotar but I request reinforcments from Tartarus. Our forces may not be enough to overthrow the Dragons and Giants along with their growing allies, I wish for a quick response, everything has already been prepared for this moment.

- Rakar
"

Order Arginas to scout the area from the skies
Give Maloan command of the Storm Lions and Elemental-type.
Give Laghnasi command of Flying Beast-type monsters and Griffins.
Give Erunjogg command of Beast-type monsters.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 04:31:08 pm by Atian the Elephantman God »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 16, 2016, 05:16:00 pm »

As I said in the other RTD, "My old laptop died this week, hence the lack of post. I'm using a friend's mobile, so next turn will have to wait a bit, hopefully next week."

Sorry for the inconvenience :/

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 16, 2016, 05:28:35 pm »

it ok
No sig yet
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12