Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12

Author Topic: Rise of the Monstrous Kingdom (6/6) - IC - Year 0, Trimester 3  (Read 26702 times)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Monstrous Kingdom (6/6) - IC - Year 0, Trimester 2
« Reply #90 on: September 15, 2016, 01:17:52 pm »

"Why you Attack? We is From Zethe, Here to Gather Monsters."
I Yell, Should I Be Attack I Curse the Attacker with cowardice
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Atian the Elephantman God

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 15, 2016, 06:49:02 pm »

"If we are to make sure of our victory most if not all of the monster races of Orotar must join us in a united front against the Dragons and Giants. The Griffins, Harpies, Snakes and Elementals will make great allies. And if I am correct you are but one herd of the Storm Lions, unite all the Storm Lions under our banner!"

Search for a community of monsters to unite under our banner.
The Storm Lions will unite all the many herds together.
Recruit any type of Monster that is willing to join us.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 17, 2016, 12:42:27 am »

Turn 3 : Year 0 of the Zethean Calendar ~Third Trimester~

Bloops the Entropic Slime
Bloops relays the location of his army camp, and allows himself to be carried.

A Giant came to pick you up. His body had the color of granite, and he had hirsute hair. The Giant leader made a sign and the Giant nodded.
"Farewell. If you survive the descent, I will look forward to meeting you again."

The Giant picked you, like scooping for a small puddle of goo. His skin was rough and cold as stone but at least you were protected of the wind in the palm of its great hands.

Survival : [2]
Everything felt so cold. Your body, the Giant's skin and even your own thoughts.

This state of immobilism made you shiver in fear. And slowly you realized the cold didn't bother you, as if you stopped feeling it.
Sleepy.
This urge felt too strong for your weary body and consciousness. Just a second of sleep. Just a small, single second...
You let yourself glimpse into unconsciousness for a second.

And you never woke up.

In the Giant's hand were only left your frozen and shriveled body. He had the decency to bring your remains to your troops.

Bloops has died, frozen to death.

Azarian the Throughtbeast and Rin/Devourer the Crin
"Then let us make haste. It won't do to have a fount of knowledge lost to hunters!"
Have the troops rest here for now, while I go with the devourer to save the sage if we can.
Go devourer go go devourer go go devourer go!!!

The troops stood down as you left for the indicated location with the devourer. The strange creature complied to your order, and followed you with an unusually obedient attitude.

To the rescue : [2]
Following the long trail of blood, you first found the dead body of some lobster-like monster. Then the closer you got to the flock of birds, the more frequent there were corpses of various monsters.

Eventually you found the Hermit. He was below your position, the back on the side of a cliff. The were half dead monsters scattered around him and still breathing ones facing him.

The Hermit had wounds in nearly all parts of its body, and it was covered in blue blood both his own and his enemies. Its two claws were badly broken, but he still used them to defend himself. He seemed on the verge of collapsing, but he was still defending his life fiercely.

Battle Start !

There are 5 enemies. All of them are some sort of huge amphibious sharks with powerful webbed arms.

The Hermit Crab is cornered, back to a cliff and facing the six of them.

The terrain is wide open, you will be detected once you get down there.

Eversor the Death Lord -Animated Armor-
To the King!

News of your return to Tartarus spread quickly. You were the first of the followers sent on the unification mission to return.

Tartarus itself had changed. Everything seemed more organized, and there were many more structures than before. There were even huge tract of lands dedicated to food production.
All monsters you saw harbored smiles (if they had faces), and you could feel the happiness of all those monsters.

The Bartoros were voiceless seeing all of this.

You arrived at the massive gates of Tartarus. Always open, the wind that rushed into them made a huge howling sound, as if the mountain tried to speak. The guards at the gate, a centaur and some... chitinous thing ? A tall being made of plates of chitin. Looking closely, it seems it was made of many worm-like tendrils. Or creatures ? Anyway they greeted you very nicely and invited you to wait in a waiting hall with your troops while your demand for audience was being transmitted.

A slime creature with a slim upright body arrived to take you to the king. The tentacles on its head were arranged like long hairs, and the tentacles along its body formed some sort of dress. Its bright yellow eyes fixed you, and lit up when it spoke to you.
"A pleasure to see you back to the Tartarus, lord Eversor, I am Sullima. Lord Endovar is too busy to see you right now, he can only give you his most sincere congratulations and gratitude for coming back alive.

His Majesty Radeus can meet you and your companions, follow me."

Along the way, Sullima informed you of the recent news. More monsters from the Forests of Ylmeria rallied to Zethe's cause, among them Ylmerian Lions, Websivons and Fays, thanks to Karc's and Bloops efforts.
Though there was a bit of a problem with Websivons approval because of something Bloops told them. They killed many monsters in the name of Zethe, bringing many heads to Tartarus. They were approved, but it couldn't dissipate the unrest brought by these actions both in the Forests and in Tartarus.
You also learnt Karc died some months ago, slain by the Hyalmenid King. It seems he tried to challenge him in a duel.
Azarian left for the coast and Rakar left for the mountains of Orotar.
So many other progresses were made in Tartarus that Sullima couldn't enumerate them all.

Finally you reached and entered the cyclopean throne room. Radeus, king of Zethe stood in front of the throne, flooding the place with his regal aura.
"Eversor, my friend.
This is a pleasure and a relief to see you once again so soon. I heard you wished to meet me as soon as possible. Speak, I will listen to what you have to say."

Ogg Goreth Junger the Oogr -Magi-
"Why you Attack? We is From Zethe, Here to Gather Monsters."
I Yell, Should I Be Attack I Curse the Attacker with cowardice

The rustling suddenly stopped, and a sharp voice emerged from the shadows.
"You said you are from Zethe ?"

A masked arachnid descended from above, holding on a thick thread of silk. Head upside down, it added :
"We are Zethe's allies too, sorry for this unfortunate event. I hope you weren't too attached to the green ones ? We already broke them down into useable components, if you see what I mean. They are Zethe's enemies, you will have to forgive our mistake."

Rakar the Lryka
"If we are to make sure of our victory most if not all of the monster races of Orotar must join us in a united front against the Dragons and Giants. The Griffins, Harpies, Snakes and Elementals will make great allies. And if I am correct you are but one herd of the Storm Lions, unite all the Storm Lions under our banner!"

Search for a community of monsters to unite under our banner.
The Storm Lions will unite all the many herds together.
Recruit any type of Monster that is willing to join us.

"You don't know ? Elementals are allied with Giants and Dragons, and Harpy recently joined them. We won't be able to count on these groveling cowards. I will call for the clans gathering, if there are any that disagree we will just have to dispose of them."

The turn of event spread this burst of courage and feeling of invincibility in your troops, cementing their loyalty toward you.

[+5 Storm Lions]

Long Term Actions :
-Look for monstrous community
-Recruit any monster

• I - Recruitment : [4]

With your ever growing group of monsters thirsting for battle, recruiting became easier and easier. Overall, you recruited many monsters while looking for another community of monsters.

[+10 Beast-type / +12 Flying Beast-Type / +4 Elemental-Type]

Peculiar Individual : [6]
There was one very charismatic and strong gigantic falcon with silver feathers. But his influence was so strong that monsters began to gather around him, lowering the loyalty they had for you.
He also was one rebellious and wild individual, making him hard to control. His name was Arginas, the Silverblade Falcon.

Loyalty down to Decent

Spoiler: Rakar's Forces (click to show/hide)

• II - Monstrous Community : [5]
You found the Griffins nest. A group of them came to meet you, inquiring about the reason of your arrival in their lands. They couldn't help but notice your considerable group of various monsters.
"You are in our territories ! What do you come for ?!"

World Status

Spoiler: King's Current Order (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: State of Zethe (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 05:10:50 am by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Monstrous Kingdom (6/6) - IC - Year 0, Trimester 3
« Reply #93 on: September 17, 2016, 05:28:02 am »

In some office in the city of Tartarus...

Two monsters stood facing one another, in some office-like room.
On one hand a slender and attractive creature in human standards, she actually looked human which greatly disturbed most of the monsters in Zethe.
On the other hand a bulky and tall mass of brown fur, from which the glow of two yellow eye-like spots could be seen.

"Soooo, your name is Emily. You said you came here to serve the kingdom right ? But... er, what did you say again ?"

[Bluexdog may post. If you are feeling uninspired or don't understand the situation, don't worry, you will get catapulted into action somehow.]

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 17, 2016, 08:33:58 am »

Eversor kneels to salute his King.

"Greetings, Your Majesty."

He gets back up after greeting Radeus. He's close enough with the King to not have to stand on ceremony all the time.

"Your Majesty, unification of the Plains is proceeding at a steady pace. I have already met with a herd of those who call themselves the rulers of the Plains, Bartoros. They were unwilling to pledge themselves to your service and so I have crushed them without incurring a single casualty on our side. However, that was one of their smaller groups and my current forces will be insufficient. Gathering a larger army is one of the reasons for my return."

"The other reason is that I have brought here emissaries from a Monster Graveyard. They want to see for themselves if Your Majesty can truly unify these lands. Should they be willing to lend us their aid, subjugating the Plains will become an easy task."

Report on the situation.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 09:30:49 am by Hawk132 »
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 17, 2016, 08:49:37 am »

In some office in the city of Tartarus...

Two monsters stood facing one another, in some office-like room.
On one hand a slender and attractive creature in human standards, she actually looked human which greatly disturbed most of the monsters in Zethe.
On the other hand a bulky and tall mass of brown fur, from which the glow of two yellow eye-like spots could be seen.

"Soooo, your name is Emily. You said you came here to serve the kingdom right ? But... er, what did you say again ?"

[Bluexdog may post. If you are feeling uninspired or don't understand the situation, don't worry, you will get catapulted into action somehow.]
"Yes I came here to serve the Kingdome, also is there a queen of zethe?" she smiles at her last comment had a bit of magic in it "I also could sing if you wish for entertainment, ive been told I have a great voice"
No sig yet

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 17, 2016, 09:27:14 am »

This is an almost perfect opportunity. Use my powers to seize control of as many of them as I can, and turn them on eachother. Move in and assist getting the sage to safety afterwards.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 17, 2016, 12:41:59 pm »

I Grunt then start heading off to the mountains, we would recruit giants and other large humanoids there. perhaps we'd find some of my kin.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Atian the Elephantman God

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 17, 2016, 03:14:59 pm »

"I seek your help with the subjagation of Oroctar from the Giants and Dragons Alliance! The storm lions have already joined us with your assistance our strength grow immensely! Join is in the name of Radeus and the Monstrous Kingdom of Zethe."

Have Arginus stand beside me spreading his wings showing off his strength and power along with my first 3 companions showing off their strength.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 17, 2016, 05:34:36 pm »

"Well now...I think the wench has something she is needed for."
..... you want me to use my magic to....stop them i can do that ...
Quietly and quickly Devourer's body morphs leaving a girl in a some kinda academy outfit she blinks and seems surprised before she quietly steels herself looking nervous and.
"Bonding water"
Rin uses her water magic and attempts to surround and tie them up with her water and then freeze it trapping them in an ice bond.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 18, 2016, 03:55:00 pm »

"So what are your orders my liege? gather allies? Seduce and assassinate rivals? or the most fun job possible: feast on flesh of the mortals"
No sig yet

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 21, 2016, 07:23:28 pm »

(Turn?)
No sig yet

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 22, 2016, 03:44:45 am »

Sorry, ignore this post.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 03:46:38 am by Imic »
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 23, 2016, 03:26:22 am »

Turn 3.1 : Year 0 of the Zethean Calendar ~Third Trimester~

Eversor the Death Lord -Animated Armor-
Eversor kneels to salute his King.

"Greetings, Your Majesty."

He gets back up after greeting Radeus. He's close enough with the King to not have to stand on ceremony all the time.

"Your Majesty, unification of the Plains is proceeding at a steady pace. I have already met with a herd of those who call themselves the rulers of the Plains, Bartoros. They were unwilling to pledge themselves to your service and so I have crushed them without incurring a single casualty on our side. However, that was one of their smaller groups and my current forces will be insufficient. Gathering a larger army is one of the reasons for my return."

"The other reason is that I have brought here emissaries from a Monster Graveyard. They want to see for themselves if Your Majesty can truly unify these lands. Should they be willing to lend us their aid, subjugating the Plains will become an easy task."

Report on the situation.

Meeting with a King :

"I understand." simply said the king, nodding lightly toward you.

It was more than enough for you to understand he fully approved your choices. Then he made a waving motion, signifying you to step aside so that the emissaries may move forward. You could guess he would want to speak privately with you afterward.

"My trusted commander said you wished to see my value as a King. Speak, let me listen to what you have to say."

One of the massive agglomerate of bones slid forward and unveiled its true body.
"I am Humeron, an Osteoplasm of Wenat's Monster Graveyard. Your undead follower came to our resting place, sharing with us your vision and goal. We undead of the Graveyard are pacifists who believe in harmony. If you were to truly be able to bring a common peace to the monstrous races of the world, then we wouldn't hesitate to follow and assist you with all our strength."

Stoic, the figure of the king didn't move an inch as its voice resonated in the throne hall.
"Your words carry the wisdom of centuries. Then tell me, in all your unlife, did you see the Tartarus tamed ? Did you see monsters of all horizon working together toward a common goal ? What you saw when you stepped in our city was but the beginning. Wouldn't you want to see the same dream as I ?"

"It is as you said. Never before did we see such a miracle, so much so that none of us could believe what we saw. Yet unlife taught us doubt..."

The King instantly cut him on this last word.
"Forsake your doubt. Remember your hope.
Trust in me, and I will become a source of hope for all the monsters lost into doubt and despair, for all of those whose faith was crushed by the injustices of the world."

Humeron was left speechless. Hope. It... had been so long since he hoped. Only wallowing in doubt, bowing in front of the fatality afflicting those who attempted to struggle...

His heart was currently filled with hope. Did the monster standing above him used some mysterious power ? Or worse, maybe he didn't use any power ? This last thought made him shiver in fear and awe. Maybe... Maybe !..

If it were him, this dream could work. All doubt was gone. He knew that he was only following his feeling, but... but deep inside he could not stop believing in this radiating monster. These words left his mouth so naturally it terrified him.
"You are the king. We will join your cause."

[Osteoplasms rallied to Zethe's cause. Monster Graveyard will rally to Zethe's cause.]

(...)

Trusting a King :
Eventually, only you and Radeus were left in the throne hall. He descended the steps, until reaching your footing. He was so small in stature compared to your colossal armor, and yet he didn't seemed weak.

"Eversor. I'm glad to see you alive. You made the best choice coming back, and I made a terrible mistake sending all of you to pacify Zethe. Karc died, because I couldn't say my most important order : come back alive at any cost."

"The city and the fortress of Tartarus have been finally fitted to welcome the various and future inhabitants of Zethe. Food production, law enforcement, housings... To a warrior like you, it may seem like trifles, but it truly was the most important objective of the year. Now that this is done, we can afford to divert much more resources in the unification."

He briefly explained you what to expect.
"We are in the process of recalling all of those who left on a mission, with the goal to reorganize our army. That's right Eversor, you will be given troops for a campaign. See with Sullima for that matter, she is one of Endovar's subordinate and was given proper directives."

Emily the Bard Siren
"Yes I came here to serve the Kingdome, also is there a queen of zethe?" she smiles at her last comment had a bit of magic in it "I also could sing if you wish for entertainment, ive been told I have a great voice"
"So what are your orders my liege? gather allies? Seduce and assassinate rivals? or the most fun job possible: feast on flesh of the mortals"

Magic: [2]
The mass of fur raised a lump of eyebrows.
"Sorry, these tricks don't work on me. As for a queen, I don't think there is one. That's a rather good question, but is not the point of our conversation."

"Emily... Siren, humanoid, water magic, charming... And a good magical potential. Mmh..."

The yellow eyes disappeared in a sea of brown hair as the creature analyzed these informations.
"According to your aspirations, you could have a blast in our growing intelligence department. You could also be recruited as an officer to bolster our troops.
Sorry, but you don't seem like much of a leader currently, putting you at the head of soldiers would be out of question."

It nodded.
"Seems fine to you ?..."

Do you choose :
- the intelligence department as an agent
- the army as an officer

Azarian the Throughtbeast and Rin/Devourer the Crin
This is an almost perfect opportunity. Use my powers to seize control of as many of them as I can, and turn them on eachother. Move in and assist getting the sage to safety afterwards.
"Well now...I think the wench has something she is needed for."
..... you want me to use my magic to....stop them i can do that ...
Quietly and quickly Devourer's body morphs leaving a girl in a some kinda academy outfit she blinks and seems surprised before she quietly steels herself looking nervous and.
"Bonding water"
Rin uses her water magic and attempts to surround and tie them up with her water and then freeze it trapping them in an ice bond.

Round 1:
Azarian -Brainwash- [Mag3] : [5+3] [8]
Rin -Water&Ice Magic- [Mag3] : [5+3] [8]

Azarian's body suddenly began to shiver in a creepy way as it focused its psychic powers. Using the intense bloodlust of the hostile monsters, it turned them into berserk creatures easily. Soon enough they started to rip each other apart.

The Devourer's body transformed into a human, but you were too focused to notice. It was not really a human, as its powers were far different from what it were when the "being" was a human. Drawing from the Devourer's pool of power, the "human" was able to cast magic she could never have been able too if she were truly a human.

This was not Rin's magic that was strong. Rin and her magic were weaker than any monster in the army. It was the Devourer using Rin who was truly strong.

Water gathered around the amphibious sharks who were fighting each other, screaming in mindless rage at their opponents. It instantly froze, trapping them and allowing Azarian to move in without getting targeted.

The Pagurus Warlord understood you were probably here to save his life. Thus he followed you to safety.

You looked at the five monsters. If the Devourer's magic didn't kill them, their maddened state would.

Battle Over

Once safe, the Hermit Sage spoke :
"I owe you one foreigner. Go straight to the point, what did you expect from saving me ?"

Ogg Goreth Junger the Oogr -Magi-
I Grunt then start heading off to the mountains, we would recruit giants and other large humanoids there. perhaps we'd find some of my kin.

Long Term Actions :
-Head for the mountains
-Recruit humanoids there

• I - Head for the Mountains : [2]

The Mountains were far, needing a whole detour. The journey would be far from immediate.

Suddenly, a small humanoid winged creature appeared and spoke to you.
"You seem to follow the description we had. Are you Ogg of Zethe ? We have a message to transmit you from Endovar : come back to Zethe as soon as possible, we are reorganizing the army."

Rakar the Lryka
"I seek your help with the subjagation of Oroctar from the Giants and Dragons Alliance! The storm lions have already joined us with your assistance our strength grow immensely! Join is in the name of Radeus and the Monstrous Kingdom of Zethe."

Have Arginus stand beside me spreading his wings showing off his strength and power along with my first 3 companions showing off their strength.

Order Arginas [Lea2]: [1+2] [3]
"I refuse."
Arginas refused to follow in your scheme, defiantly standing apart from you. This rebellious act lowered the loyalty of your troops.

Loyalty down to Feeble

Your three first companions didn't showed any rebellious intent though, and stood next to you as you told of your goal to the Griffins.

Show of Strength [Str3+1]: [1+4] [5]
"You do seem strong, but I doubt you possess enough strength to face their powerful alliance ! Look, you can't even control your own troops.

Furthermore, the Griffins are beginning to change their minds. We will join the Dragons and Giants alliance, else doom will inevitably fall upon our species."

From what you remember of your information gathering, Griffins are solitary yet cooperative.
They follow the lead of Alphas, so a way to make them join you would be to have those Alphas as allies...

Spoiler: Rakar's Forces (click to show/hide)

World Status

Spoiler: King's Current Order (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: State of Zethe (click to show/hide)

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 23, 2016, 08:01:27 am »

"I shall do as you ask. Farewell, Your Majesty."

Find Sullima and ask what needs to be done.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12