Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 561

Author Topic: Fan art competition! *Moving sound*  (Read 1459340 times)

Tofu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fan art competition!
« Reply #2400 on: November 28, 2009, 04:43:11 pm »

The kobold looks wrong too me, too human-like.
Kobolds are humanoid, but, that's a bit too human-like, and I prefer the kobolds to be a different species of humanoids, not a sub-species.

And Petra, Imma blow you out of the water with my next ascii!

Fault, tell me that isn't a tree hugging type of elf, and they are not, nice push of the envelope! <3

Tofu...

yeah yeah, I know.
It's well known that that is the "canon" kobold you're dealing with there, but I just imagined ( you will let me imagine, won't you mister ? :'( )
As I said the drawings were just my imagination running wild with the subject.....I did say it was just imagination right?

Foa

• Bay Watcher
  • And I thought foxfire was stylish in winter.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2401 on: November 28, 2009, 05:15:52 pm »

The kobold looks wrong too me, too human-like.
Kobolds are humanoid, but, that's a bit too human-like, and I prefer the kobolds to be a different species of humanoids, not a sub-species.

And Petra, Imma blow you out of the water with my next ascii!

Fault, tell me that isn't a tree hugging type of elf, and they are not, nice push of the envelope! <3

Tofu...

yeah yeah, I know.
It's well known that that is the "canon" kobold you're dealing with there, but I just imagined ( you will let me imagine, won't you mister ? :'( )
As I said the drawings were just my imagination running wild with the subject.....I did say it was just imagination right?
I will let you imagine, but I was just rambling about my view of the image.

Anyways, I need to draw blue fire multiple times, crop, and animate with Gimp2

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #2402 on: November 28, 2009, 05:44:41 pm »

So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Dae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2403 on: November 28, 2009, 06:05:42 pm »

Foa, I really loved that comic !

Fault, I am under the impression your Elf has anormally short legs. Or long arms. Perhaps it was a choice, as they're supposed to live in trees, to give them a more "monekyish" profile, but I doubt it.
Also, that's one pissed-off looking Elf.

Fault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2404 on: November 28, 2009, 06:12:11 pm »

ABNORMALLY SHORT LEGS

Ugh! The same problem happened with the Tuatha I did before. I think It's from drawing too many dwarves and goblins, who do have short legs in proportion to their bodies.

I'll try to remedy that in my next elf drawin'...

Foa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2405 on: November 28, 2009, 07:32:29 pm »

Dawwwwwww. ^_^
I wuv gobos pictures.
By the way, Armok, you may find my next image nostalgic, as of now I'm in the paint.net stage, and it is a true cluster fuck!

Fault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2406 on: November 28, 2009, 07:56:23 pm »

hey, its another elf. I had to move around a lot of its limbs so it looked proportionate.
I like his colour scheme -  the red and green is inspired by christmas elves.

the Trowe are often mistaken for Sylvan Elves because of their appearance. But wheareas the Sylvans are simplistic and peaceful, the Trowe have a very disciplined and militaristic culture, and have little tolerance for other races who do not meet their standards. What the Trowe lack in technology (they still use sharpened wood weapons) they make up for in numbers. They are known in battle to outnumber the enemy seven to one, and still manage to lose.

Wimdit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2407 on: November 28, 2009, 08:07:57 pm »

I have to echo Armok's sentiments here. That's the most heartwarming thing I've ever seen in DF.

...Which is a bit odd.

And Fault, nice picture. Though his clothes remind me of Fable. Where'd you get the name from? It sounds familiar...

Fault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2408 on: November 28, 2009, 08:10:56 pm »

Trowe actually comes from the old Irish word for "troll" or "goblin" but in describing a creature the word actually fits violent elves better than trolls.

I got it from BARD'S TALE, which takes place in mythical Ireland.

Foa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2409 on: November 28, 2009, 08:14:28 pm »

Dawwwwwww. ^_^
I wuv gobos pictures.
By the way, Armok, you may find my next image nostalgic, as of now I'm in the paint.net stage, and it is a true cluster fuck!
Hey Armok, remember the flying machine... I was going to do that one part of the race with the magma gas explosion, but I wasn't up to make blue fire... and it is lacking the steam for the same reason...

« Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 08:30:53 pm by Foa »

Petra

• Bay Watcher
  • Vortex of Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #2410 on: November 28, 2009, 09:28:14 pm »

He doesn't ahve a big sword though, not enough room for it.

Gives some teeth to diplomacy with the wood cutting and what not.

Hey Armok, remember the flying machine... I was going to do that one part of the race with the magma gas explosion, but I wasn't up to make blue fire... and it is lacking the steam for the same reason...

Neat-o picture.

Foa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2411 on: November 28, 2009, 09:44:33 pm »

He doesn't ahve a big sword though, not enough room for it.

Gives some teeth to diplomacy with the wood cutting and what not.

Neat-o picture.
Heh, it is from Kobold Quest 2, by AlanL, Armok should know what this is because he damn well always got the first post after AlanL updated, and said BEYOND QUALITY.

Anyways, it was supposed to spew steam because of the steam coils...

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2412 on: November 28, 2009, 09:46:33 pm »

hey, its another elf. I had to move around a lot of its limbs so it looked proportionate.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

the Trowe are often mistaken for Sylvan Elves because of their appearance. But wheareas the Sylvans are simplistic and peaceful, the Trowe have a very disciplined and militaristic culture, and have little tolerance for other races who do not meet their standards. What the Trowe lack in technology (they still use sharpened wood weapons) they make up for in numbers. They are known in battle to outnumber the enemy seven to one, and still manage to lose.

So... are they like reverse Spartans or something? Incredibly militaristic but also incredibly wimpy?

Petra

• Bay Watcher
  • Vortex of Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #2413 on: November 28, 2009, 10:52:36 pm »

So... are they like reverse Spartans or something? Incredibly militaristic but also incredibly wimpy?

Urist McDwarf pokes Svenya McElf in the side with a spear!
Svenya McElf smashes Urist McDwarf with heavy shield.
Urist McDwarf is stunned.
Svenya McElf keels over and dies from heavy bleeding. HP: 0/5 GAME OVER.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2414 on: November 28, 2009, 10:58:40 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That -1 damblock will do that for you.
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 561