Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 561

Author Topic: Fan art competition! *Moving sound*  (Read 1459373 times)

Crossroads Inc.

• Bay Watcher
  • Joined in the great Migration of 2009
    • View Profile
Re: Fan art competition!
« Reply #2355 on: November 25, 2009, 08:40:57 pm »

I envision DF Elves as being kind of like the Wolfriders from ElfQuest. Very much a feral group, although the ElfQuest elves are much less uppity about killing things.
This is one of those things that would turn DF elves from being wussy Hippies to being BADASS AWESOME in an instant. One can only assume that indeed there must be ElfQuest Style elves in DF for it can be the ONLY explanation someone like "Cacme"

That said someone needs to draw a comparison of DF Elves in "wussy Hippies" style and then in "Elfquest" style
Ask not what the Dwarfs can do for you...
But ask.... why are they drunk all the time?

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2356 on: November 25, 2009, 09:44:14 pm »

Deon; thanks!  Beardless dwarf-girls are canon, now, aren't they?  I approve of this, wholeheartedly.  Hawt dwarf-girls ftw.   ;D

Fault; I'm shocked; sexual connotations were the furthest thing from my mind when painting that.  You, sir, are possessed of a deviant eye.

Petra: Those are awesome; now I want subterranean winter wonderlands in my fortress.  Dwarf Christmas involves getting eaten by cave-yetis in them.

In other news, I got a scanner!!  Fuuuuck, I'm jazzed.  I've neglected my pencils for almost a year now, trying to learn to paint digitally, and I'm rusty.  But now I can do sketches on paper and scan them in!  This pleases me greatly.

My first evar pencil sketch for the Interwebs:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I find it amazing how you can make a pencil sketch look realistic.
Goddamn, I wish I could draw like you, like any of you.

I can draw decently, but nowhere near this stuff.

Idiom

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_THOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2357 on: November 25, 2009, 10:29:27 pm »

No, seriously Balathustrius what is your background regarding art? I have to know so I can go sulk and blame myself for wasting my own past on stupid things with no results.

Petra

• Bay Watcher
  • Vortex of Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #2358 on: November 25, 2009, 10:32:26 pm »

did lava in the 2D version actually bubble and change colour like that?

Pity it doesn't anymore... probably cause we don't have magma rivers now, just pipes...

I have no idea. I never played 2d version.

My first evar pencil sketch for the Interwebs:

Thas be pretty amazing; i can draw in pencil but nothing near that.

Foa

• Bay Watcher
  • And I thought foxfire was stylish in winter.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2359 on: November 25, 2009, 11:54:36 pm »

Boatmurdered: those damned elves are finally gonna get what they deserve.
I see many things wrong with these pictures.
The Xbow dwarves shoot slower than that, clothing is only one kind of brackets, natural walls don't look like that when bloodied.

Can you explain to me what is with the green highlighted elf, and the tiles directly next to him, and what the hell is with the lava!?
And downward ramps don't point that way.

Balathustrius

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_SLEEP]
    • View Profile
    • In which I post pictures
« Reply #2360 on: November 26, 2009, 12:06:05 am »

Hawkfrost; thanks.  All drawing takes is practice and observation, which is to say you totally could. 

Idiom; well, I've trying to learn art for about 4 years, no art-school or anything.  Not much to tell.   :)

Petra; thanks a ton!

Thanks for the nice comments, guise.  I took that sketch into Painter and tried to make it colorful.

You have struck Microcline!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2361 on: November 26, 2009, 12:07:59 am »

Ah Dude that's great man!

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2362 on: November 26, 2009, 12:15:03 am »

I think the eyes are a little too close together, and the brow should be bigger.
Still, nice pic though.

Petra

• Bay Watcher
  • Vortex of Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #2363 on: November 26, 2009, 01:05:02 am »

The Xbow dwarves shoot slower than that, clothing is only one kind of brackets, natural walls don't look like that when bloodied.

Heh, you've never seen chamption markdwarves rain bolts on the enemy. Consider the armor falling around the gobbos.

Can you explain to me what is with the green highlighted elf, and the tiles directly next to him, and what the hell is with the lava!?

Boatmurdered! A tentacle demon escaped and is currently manifesting corrupt intentions on a liason. That makes a quite a mess, y'know? A great white mess... The other two elves are about to commit suicide by lava.

Foa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2364 on: November 26, 2009, 02:31:30 am »

Heh, you've never seen chamption markdwarves rain bolts on the enemy. Consider the armor falling around the gobbos.

Boatmurdered! A tentacle demon escaped and is currently manifesting corrupt intentions on a liason. That makes a quite a mess, y'know? A great white mess... The other two elves are about to commit suicide by lava.
Champions don't shoot that fast, it's like 5-7 spaces per, but, you mustn't of studied your cmv video files.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2365 on: November 26, 2009, 03:39:56 am »

Champions don't shoot that fast, it's like 5-7 spaces per, but, you mustn't of studied your cmv video files.

Depends on how agile they are.

Petra

• Bay Watcher
  • Vortex of Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #2366 on: November 26, 2009, 11:11:32 am »

Champions can get pretty agile.

Foa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2367 on: November 26, 2009, 02:16:59 pm »

Champions can get pretty agile.
And pretty has a limit.

Binamrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2368 on: November 26, 2009, 03:46:48 pm »

I made a picture recently. It's kinda-sorta very large.

Also my Captain of the Guard wants a suite but I can't assign him to any object.
Nevermind, turns out her upper body was missing.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2369 on: November 26, 2009, 03:53:29 pm »

I'm guessing he's being taken to the butcher's shop, but butcher's use meat cleavers, not woodcutting axes.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 561