Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 561

Author Topic: Fan art competition! *Moving sound*  (Read 1455157 times)

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
Re: Fan art competition!
« Reply #1050 on: August 15, 2009, 06:23:44 am »

he only has one bracelet?
usually when I see them they're covered in dwarf leather decorations and elf bone piercings..

Really? Usually when I see them I'm all "OH GOD IT BURNS" (I've never seen one in fort mode).

Actually I think I had a demon in one of my worlds with only two kills to his name, one of which was a goblin. I'm assuming he's the one I drew. ;)

He may, of course, be pulling the End the World lever.

Haha, that made me laugh.  Thanks for the kind words.   :)

whoa, balathastrius, nice work on the beard, it really flows

Thankya.

That mirthfull dwarf looks like it is molded from clay, very nicely done.
You use the 'wetfinger drag' tool much?

Thanks.  Hmm, no wetfinger drag tool, no.  I don't actually know what that is (I'm almost a total photoshop newb).  It's just the hard round brush with opacity set to pen pressure (and a quick custom brush to render the hair faster).

He was actually part of a bigger picture; me practicing faces and such.  Here it is, if anyone wants to see the others.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit:
Drawing of a Demon and Frog Demon

That is quite good, esp the frog demon.  Good sense of anatomy.  I would say you have definite talent; keep drawing!

You deserve kind words, because you have given our eyes something nice to look at. :D

Also, that face study is incredible, especially that guy with the triple-segmented jaws and pipe into his head.

And: thanks. I need to work on actually getting a sense of lighting and perspective, though. :-\
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: August 15, 2009, 10:01:07 am »

Demons don't have decorations when they come out of the pit, as they are new to the world.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1052 on: August 15, 2009, 11:15:29 am »

Holy crap! Amazing work with the face study.

I'm not the best at rendering faces, even something as simple as anime/manga style. I'm more into the mechanical aspect of things. In other words, I'm pretty good at rendering machines or bastardizations of nature. I'm impressed with the quality however. I wish I had that level of talent in that field.

You know, if I have the time, I'll try to render what I truly envision my project to look like. I mean, as far as my talent can go, it might look pretty cool. Plus, I need to add more life to my machine designs for a sense of scale and whatnot. Too many of them look like ghost ships and etc..

BTW, it's about time I draw something again anyhow. And with more adequate detail too. Enough quick scribbling of ideas.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: August 15, 2009, 11:24:47 am »

While that is an awesome picture, how the feckdamn did it come from trying to make a monocle?

Yes, that is an awesome not-a-monocle. 

Here's another Chasm creature..
The wiki says these guys aren't dangerous, but they keep ganging up and killing my dwarves' children...

That is a great depiction.  Does the wiki really say they're not dangerous?  God, I hate troglodytes.  The Dwarf Heaven map is infested with them.

Here's a happy dwarf.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I still feel overjoyed everytime someone mentions how rage they get at Dwarf Heaven. I'm a bastard just for genning it.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: August 15, 2009, 03:13:35 pm »

I call it 'grass is never green' syndrome. If they spend a lot of time somewhere or with something, they will complain about whatever problems it has, just as much as they would a more serious problem somewhere else, even if in the presence of the latter such problems they would never complain about the former.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Winterbrass

• Bay Watcher
  • [HOMEOTHERM:10032]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: August 18, 2009, 08:16:42 am »

Urist McEverydwarf has been unhappy lately. He has "accidentally" killed a noble recently. He has lost a fort recently. He has endured a goblin siege lately. He has failed to sleep due to Dwarf Fortress recently. He has seen Elven King art recently. He has seen the Fan Art thread recently. He has seen masterful art recently. He has not seen new art from Vester recently. He has not seen new art from Balathustrius recently.

Urist McEverydwarf has made a new mandate.

Urist McEverydwarf:

Mandate: New art in the Fan Art thread (*/*)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 08:27:37 am by Winterbrass »
[PANTS:ITEM_PANTS_PANTS:RARE]
[CAN_CIV][CAN_SPEAK]
[ETHIC:USE_MIND_ALTERING_SUBSTANCES:ACCEPTABLE]
[ETHIC:CAUSE_UNFUNNY_DRAMA:SHUN]
[ETHIC:PLAY_DF_AS_ELVES:UNTHINKABLE]

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: August 18, 2009, 09:21:06 am »

This is an engraving of Cacame Awemedinade the Elf and Longshanks the Tower of Abbeys the Oak Tree. Cacame Awemedinade is spitting in the face of everything Elven. Longshanks the Tower of Abbeys is making a planitive gesture.

That's right. He's so badass he chops trees with a blunt weapon.

Also:
Cacame Awemedinade cancels being an Elf: Learning to be Dwarfy.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: August 18, 2009, 09:26:15 am »

But where's his dwarfy armor? He's the king you know. ;D
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: August 18, 2009, 09:29:13 am »

But where's his dwarfy armor? He's the king you know. ;D

Apparently, he wears Artifact Golden Briefs.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: August 18, 2009, 09:42:45 am »

Where did you learn how to draw Vester? I really like your style.

Winterbrass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: August 18, 2009, 09:44:09 am »

Now that is more like it!

If there was a long-running DF webcomic, King Awemedinade would definitely either have to be a main character or an oft-recurring gag character.
[CAN_CIV][CAN_SPEAK]

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: August 18, 2009, 10:01:21 am »

Where did you learn how to draw Vester? I really like your style.

I'm self-taught, but nowhere near as good as Balathustrius over there. I don't have any solid skills, yet. :-[

If there was a long-running DF webcomic, King Awemedinade would definitely either have to be a main character or an oft-recurring gag character.

Hmm...

Tempted to rally the forum's engravers together to get to work on something like that.

Naah, I'll leave it to someone who's been here longer than me. ;D

Winterbrass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: August 18, 2009, 10:47:40 am »

Hmm...

Tempted to rally the forum's engravers together to get to work on something like that.

Naah, I'll leave it to someone who's been here longer than me. ;D
Mandate: DF comic to replace Strike the Earth (1/1)
[CAN_CIV][CAN_SPEAK]

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: August 18, 2009, 11:25:16 am »

Oh god! He's mandating things! Winterbrass come over here and pull this lever. Ignore the warm floodgate, it's the new heating system. ::)

But seriously, this comic idea sounds great and I would contribute if I could draw. I can offer my writing skills.  ;D
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

Winterbrass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: August 18, 2009, 11:49:38 am »

Oh god! He's mandating things! Winterbrass come over here and pull this lever. Ignore the warm floodgate, it's the new heating system. ::)
*pulls lever*

OH GOD LAVA WHY

*gets slightly singed and catches on fire*

... I think I'll have a drink.
[CAN_CIV][CAN_SPEAK]
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 561