Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 561

Author Topic: Fan art competition! *Moving sound*  (Read 1456051 times)

ahrbee

• Bay Watcher
  • striking some earth
    • View Profile
    • Strike The Earth
Re: Fan art competition!
« Reply #600 on: March 20, 2009, 07:22:54 pm »

Are you sure? I don't know, if someone told me that their husband's name on an online forum was, all in caps, HORSE RAPER, *I* would look at them funny.

EDIT: Hahah, and now this is the first post on the page, so it'll be the first thing everyone sees when the page loads.  :P
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 07:32:46 pm by ahrbee »

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: March 20, 2009, 10:00:02 pm »

wait? that's you?
one thing I wanted to ask you: why haven't there been more sunderclasp pages for ages? I assumed you either only made 6 and I misread somewhere, or that you had been eaten by carp.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

ahrbee

• Bay Watcher
  • striking some earth
    • View Profile
    • Strike The Earth
« Reply #602 on: March 21, 2009, 12:11:35 am »

Sunderclasp resumes as of Monday--as of this morning I have 42 one-panel strips to scan and upload, completely inked and coloured. I thought I'd have it up by tonight, but instead I am calling it a night after throwing up for a couple of hours after eating at Denny's. =/ Monday, I promise.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: March 21, 2009, 02:34:47 am »

oh, scanning them into the computer is the bottleneck then, I always do everything directly onto the computer so the possibility simply didn't spring to mind.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

ahrbee

• Bay Watcher
  • striking some earth
    • View Profile
    • Strike The Earth
« Reply #604 on: March 21, 2009, 08:10:05 am »

I do a little computer art, but for the most part, everything I do is on paper, inked and then coloured with copic markers. It takes a bit longer, but the results are worth it.

Techhead

• Bay Watcher
  • Former Minister of Technological Heads
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: March 21, 2009, 08:43:41 am »

I wish I took my own art seriously enough to dish out money for Copic markers.
On a side note, my painting is done, but it will be a bit before I can get it digital.
Engineering Dwarves' unfortunate demises since '08
WHAT?  WE DEMAND OUR FREE THINGS NOW DESPITE THE HARDSHIPS IT MAY CAUSE IN YOUR LIFE
It's like you're all trying to outdo each other in sheer useless pedantry.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: March 21, 2009, 09:20:49 am »

Wow, Morr, great drawing! I wish I could draw like you guys. I always loved your drawings too, ahrbee.

I just wanted to say something like this. Some of you guys have excellent drawing skills.  :o

ahrbee

• Bay Watcher
  • striking some earth
    • View Profile
    • Strike The Earth
« Reply #607 on: March 21, 2009, 11:53:55 am »

Yeah, Copic markers are expensive. I sometimes feel that if I hadn't bought over $900 worth of them over the past couple years that I might be in a better state financially right now. They're an expensive hobby. :S

Anyhow, thanks, guys. It's good to know that the skills I honed for years by otherwise ignoring my studies are making people mildly amused.  ;)

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: March 21, 2009, 02:09:32 pm »

It sucks that all the good materials cost so much.  All I have are some water-colored pencils (which are actually quite good), some normal-colored pencils, and four graphite pencils each for a different level of shading or sketching.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

UnsubRedun

• Bay Watcher
  • BRB: Tornado
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: March 21, 2009, 06:54:16 pm »

Drew another dwarf. This one's name is 'Brick' Flamebeards. I usually pick an "avatar" dwarf once I get a good number, one that has a personality that I like. He keeps his eyes on the other dwarfs.

This pic marks a few firsts for me, such as "First time spending more than an hour on a single drawing" and "First time drawing a kilt EVER."

Hope you like it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
# Bloat25, ELVEN FOREST RETREAT, (Future): Control elf forest retreat. They could be on break all the time.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: March 21, 2009, 09:28:19 pm »

I decided to try drawing a dwarf from my community fort.  He wears bone and shell armor for the most part, but he does have a metal shield, helm, and boots.  I threw in some hints as to the quality of each item.
Spoiler: big picture (click to show/hide)

I think the weakest points on there are the legs, hands, mace, and helmet.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: March 22, 2009, 06:00:26 am »

Lol @ your Jason :)

RB, wow, it's you :). I remember those pics and I loved them, thanks for reminding.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

uberubert

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: March 22, 2009, 07:27:57 am »

Crappy drawing, I know, I just felt the urge to add something to the post to contribute to keeping it alive. Mostly through letting people feel better about their drawingskills, seeing as I'm proving that dabbling is not the lowest possible grade of skill. oh, and by the way, I love this thread! :D

edit: Of course, my image-inserting skills are also around the dabbling grade of skill...
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 07:33:55 am by uberubert »
Uberubert cancels forum post: Interrupted by Dwarf Fortress

Sindayven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: March 22, 2009, 08:07:51 am »

I've decided to try my hand at some pencilcraft.

Here's a goblin up to some mischief.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: March 22, 2009, 08:12:24 am »

Lol @ your Jason :)
Thanks.  Uh, mine is the only one on this page that could be called a Jason (Friday 13th), right?

Boy it would be embarrassing if it turned out he was talking to someone else.
Just so I remember
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 561