Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 516 517 [518] 519 520 ... 561

Author Topic: Fan art competition! *Moving sound*  (Read 1461005 times)

chewie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fan art competition! *Moving sound*
« Reply #7755 on: December 03, 2012, 06:49:35 am »

That harpy is illustrated most excellently.

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #7757 on: December 03, 2012, 08:18:47 pm »

Nice, Ape! Your new pad, I assume?!  :o

Buttery_Mess

• Bay Watcher
  • 11x11
    • View Profile
« Reply #7758 on: December 03, 2012, 10:56:00 pm »

It doesn't look as 'clean' as the vector graphic stuff, PA, but still the same style... but surely it's harder to draw this way? As you can see I'm having terrible troubling figuring out how to use a tablet.
But .... It's so small!
It's not the size of the pick that counts... it's the size of the man with the pick.
Quote from: Toady One
Naturally, we'd like to make life miserable for everybody, randomly, but that'll take some doing.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7759 on: December 03, 2012, 11:01:32 pm »

Give PA a few weeks with a tablet and I'm sure his new stuff will look as well as or better defined than the vectors. I'm loving it so far. Is that a Deep Dwarf or a vampire or what?

Tofu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7760 on: December 04, 2012, 12:22:23 am »

Loving everyones' work!

That dwarf almost looks like he has one of those masks used along with samurai armor.
I'm too tired to look that up...

But, I have some stuff I finished 10 minutes ago or so:

Martial Trance

Just wanted to paint an enraged Dwarf. I recorded the whole ordeal, which only took about 1 hour
and 20 minutes or so. I'll upload it to youtube at some point.

And, in case I haven't mentioned it before; I've started up with my commissions, of which you will
find a link to in my signature. As I stated before, half of the profits go to the one true toad and his brother.
Oh man, this feels advertise-y

DG

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull the Lever
    • View Profile
« Reply #7761 on: December 04, 2012, 02:10:33 am »

An hour? I want to cry.

PlutoniumApe

• Bay Watcher
  • they see me rollin'
    • View Profile
    • Stream Goblin
« Reply #7762 on: December 04, 2012, 04:42:45 am »

It doesn't look as 'clean' as the vector graphic stuff, PA, but still the same style... but surely it's harder to draw this way? As you can see I'm having terrible troubling figuring out how to use a tablet.

I totally feel you. First day of using one of those, had to forget everything I knew about brushes and opacity
To be honest I just wanted to switch to Inkscape the whole time, thinking that it would get the job done more easily  :P

Give PA a few weeks with a tablet and I'm sure his new stuff will look as well as or better defined than the vectors. I'm loving it so far. Is that a Deep Dwarf or a vampire or what?

It's a husk. Can't you see the perfectly drawn fog around him?
And thanks, I'll do my best ,) The next step will probably be more slug men, they are in demand, apparently.

Loving everyones' work!

That dwarf almost looks like he has one of those masks used along with samurai armor.
I'm too tired to look that up...

But, I have some stuff I finished 10 minutes ago or so:

Martial Trance

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Just wanted to paint an enraged Dwarf. I recorded the whole ordeal, which only took about 1 hour
and 20 minutes or so. I'll upload it to youtube at some point.

And, in case I haven't mentioned it before; I've started up with my commissions, of which you will
find a link to in my signature. As I stated before, half of the profits go to the one true toad and his brother.

Awesome piece there, Tofu, like always. Just found your dwarven veteran again, will be my new inspiration when painting. Really looking forward to the recording!

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #7763 on: December 04, 2012, 01:16:08 pm »

do you do portraits? i'd like a portrait of my father and me as bronze age warriors for the 20$ tier. i'd also prefer if you kept the full payment, since this isn't really related to df, and you're asking for so little that i think you wouldn't be properly compensated for your effort. i've donated to toady and will do so again in the future. you're not really competing with him so you shouldn't feel compelled to donate to him. if you end up making a huge profit out of commissions from the bay12 community, it'd be fair to donate a part of it, although half of the profit would probably be a bigger cut than tarn would feel comfortable with
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 01:19:41 pm by Askot Bokbondeler »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7764 on: December 04, 2012, 02:40:03 pm »

PlutoniamApe drew Wandros, the City of Gold seeking Dwarf from my Threetoe Story rewards :D

Tofu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7765 on: December 04, 2012, 03:12:50 pm »

do you do portraits? i'd like a portrait of my father and me as bronze age warriors for the 20$ tier. i'd also prefer if you kept the full payment, since this isn't really related to df, and you're asking for so little that i think you wouldn't be properly compensated for your effort. i've donated to toady and will do so again in the future. you're not really competing with him so you shouldn't feel compelled to donate to him. if you end up making a huge profit out of commissions from the bay12 community, it'd be fair to donate a part of it, although half of the profit would probably be a bigger cut than tarn would feel comfortable with

Sure, man, I'll do it. Just send me an email, and we'll work things out : )
And don't worry about the profit, man. I have food and a roof over my head,
and this "toad-tax" is not going to last forever, at least not in a 50% sense.
Right now though, I just want to be able to make some money, and donate some,
since I think I owe the Adams brothers money in spades, haha.
But, sure, if you want me to keep it, I won't complain!

PlutoniamApe drew Wandros, the City of Gold seeking Dwarf from my Threetoe Story rewards :D
I had no idea, but that sounds pretty cool : )

I totally feel you. First day of using one of those, had to forget everything I knew about brushes and opacity
To be honest I just wanted to switch to Inkscape the whole time, thinking that it would get the job done more easily  :P

If you're having trouble with photoshop and/or your tablet, check out some of
Feng Zhu's videos on youtube, as well as Sickbrush.
The best resource of them all is of course http://www.ctrlpaint.com/
So easy to use, and so easy to learn from that site.
good luck!

It's a husk. Can't you see the perfectly drawn fog around him?
And thanks, I'll do my best ,) The next step will probably be more slug men, they are in demand, apparently.

Slug men would be damn awesome!

Thanks, guys/gals : )

Edit: Clicked "save" before I finished typing up the post. Doh.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 03:21:32 pm by Tofu »

Buttery_Mess

• Bay Watcher
  • 11x11
    • View Profile
« Reply #7767 on: December 05, 2012, 03:08:33 am »

I've had pangolins wandering onto my map lately. If anyone feels like drawing a pangolin man...
But .... It's so small!
It's not the size of the pick that counts... it's the size of the man with the pick.
Naturally, we'd like to make life miserable for everybody, randomly, but that'll take some doing.

DG

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull the Lever
    • View Profile
« Reply #7768 on: December 05, 2012, 07:09:04 am »

This is a poorly designed image of an arboreal pangolin man. All mouse work is of an unsteady quality. It is decorated with closely set brown scales. It was mandated by Buttery-Mess.

Buttery_Mess

• Bay Watcher
  • 11x11
    • View Profile
« Reply #7769 on: December 05, 2012, 01:20:19 pm »

Awesome.
But .... It's so small!
Pages: 1 ... 516 517 [518] 519 520 ... 561