Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 420 421 [422] 423 424 ... 561

Author Topic: Fan art competition! *Moving sound*  (Read 1454659 times)

Buttery_Mess

• Bay Watcher
  • 11x11
    • View Profile
Re: Fan art competition! *Moving sound*
« Reply #6315 on: March 21, 2011, 05:19:12 am »

Played Golden Axe much, Eric Blank?

EDIT- No wait, am I thinking about Altered Beast? I always get those two confused.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 05:21:38 am by Buttery_Mess »
But .... It's so small!
It's not the size of the pick that counts... it's the size of the man with the pick.
Quote from: Toady One
Naturally, we'd like to make life miserable for everybody, randomly, but that'll take some doing.

Rushmik

• Bay Watcher
  • Militia? Oh, you mean *serrated steel discs*
    • View Profile
« Reply #6316 on: March 24, 2011, 01:56:30 am »

Spoiler: The Dwarven Merchant (click to show/hide)

Inspired by my (R.I.P.) latest adventurer. I set out with a quest to fill my chest with as many original coins as I could find.

He found five unique ones before a night creature family broke his spine and the bogeymen found him crawling home. :(

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #6317 on: March 25, 2011, 08:32:10 pm »

Nice! It almost feels bad to imagine him with a broken back while being mutilated by bogeys. Actually, it does feel bad. :P
Also, i threw together a tiny steel/adamantine clad axe lord.

I quite like how he turned out, despite how badly it started. Also, regarding adamantine, i've always felt like it should be sort of an addition to steel. I mean, being supremely sharp is fine and all, but swinging a sharp feather (density is one fifth of water so it would float like a cork) at people isn't going to do all that much. Maybe give them a really mean cut or something. An adamantine edge on a steel axe, on the other hand, would both hit with a significant punch and with an atomically-sharpened edge. Surely, dorfs would be capable of engineering such a weapon.
Also, if you look really closely, you'll see that the shield merely has a layer of adamantine. But honestly, isn't that enough? :U
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6318 on: March 25, 2011, 08:55:48 pm »

Whoa, shook, you're quite the spritist. I like the armor, there. The only complaint I have is that the light blue of adamantine is just a few tones not light enough and to the passing eye seems to blend into the grey too much solely because of this.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #6319 on: March 25, 2011, 08:58:35 pm »

the proportions are a bit off, but the drawing has so much potential i just had to crank paint open to adjust it a bit, here's my adjusted version.

the legs were short and the torso was too long. its a dwarf after all, so i shrinked the torso and adjusted the arm to accommodate to the torso's new length
i hope you take this as a form of flattery, i liked it a lot, if i didn't i wouldn't have bothered to retouch it, but if it bothers you that i uploaded it here i can take it down

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #6320 on: March 26, 2011, 07:44:49 am »

Oh nice, he looks much more dorfy this way! Proportions (actually, mostly everything biological) never really were my forté. :P (i guess i based him more on real dwarfs people of short stature, where the limbs are very short, but torso and head are normal-sized)

@freeformschooler: Thanks! Also, could be. I already think it stands out quite a lot, but on the shield, yeah. It's almost impossible to see where the steel ends and adamantine begins. Lemme see if i can't revise it a little...

Made him shorter too, though not quite as much as Askot's edit. Oh, and less gratuitous outlines.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #6321 on: March 26, 2011, 08:28:09 am »

the toned down outlines really worked well, makes the addy shine much more. you've got some sprite-fu there

Tofu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6322 on: March 26, 2011, 03:06:32 pm »

School caught up with me apparently, and I haven't been able to do any sort of drawing or painting for a long while. This sat around on my laptop nearly finished until my harddrive crapped out on me, so I redid the coloring, and tweaked it. I usually develop a lot over just one month, or less, so I see a lot in this painting that I would never let fly now : O Weird how that works.
But yeah, as promised, I did an elf. On to a a cave fish man then! : )
Hope you like it : P

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #6323 on: March 26, 2011, 03:52:53 pm »

A bit too short for an elf, no? He looks like a hippie alladdin kender to me :P. Great style, by the way, I like your interpretation (Alladdin due to a vest which looks like a vest of the prince of thieves in a cartoon).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Buttery_Mess

• Bay Watcher
  • 11x11
    • View Profile
« Reply #6324 on: March 26, 2011, 04:22:46 pm »

That's a gorgeous elf, Tofu! That's something like I imagine them.
But .... It's so small!
It's not the size of the pick that counts... it's the size of the man with the pick.
Quote from: Toady One
Naturally, we'd like to make life miserable for everybody, randomly, but that'll take some doing.

Tofu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6325 on: March 26, 2011, 04:44:51 pm »

A bit too short for an elf, no? He looks like a hippie alladdin kender to me :P. Great style, by the way, I like your interpretation (Alladdin due to a vest which looks like a vest of the prince of thieves in a cartoon).
Well, yeah, I think I've explained my views on the df elves before? I don't know, but I believe they have the same mass as a human in game. not sure. However, due to the abundance of dyes when they trade with me(every god damn time) as well as cloth, I've come to imagine they look like huge eyesores traversing the woods. But, thanks : ) fun way to look at it.
That's a gorgeous elf, Tofu! That's something like I imagine them.
Thanks a lot, and...really? And here I thought I was special : P

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #6326 on: March 26, 2011, 10:29:13 pm »

nah, they have the same mass as dwarves and goblins, humans are 70000, elves, dwarves and gobbs are 60000
excellent work on the paint job, and his expression is awesome, but the pose and foreshortening of the spear holding arm and hand could use a little work, i think

strongrudder

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #6327 on: March 28, 2011, 04:03:32 am »

Had a sudden drawing mood, which resulted in this:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12845091/bluemetalWarhammer.swf

It's fantastically stupid, but it made me giggle anyway. :d
The flying ☼Earworm☼ strikes strongrudder in the brain!
The ☼Earworm☼ has lodged firmly in the wound!
strongrudder gives in to music.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6328 on: March 28, 2011, 04:22:59 am »

nah, they have the same mass as dwarves and goblins, humans are 70000, elves, dwarves and gobbs are 60000
excellent work on the paint job, and his expression is awesome, but the pose and foreshortening of the spear holding arm and hand could use a little work, i think

I think they can be taller than dwarves but thinner.

Had a sudden drawing mood, which resulted in this:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12845091/bluemetalWarhammer.swf

It's fantastically stupid, but it made me giggle anyway. :d

:D
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 10:20:03 am by thvaz »

xordae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6329 on: March 28, 2011, 05:23:42 am »

Cool elf. Finally a look that hasn't been beaten to death.
Pages: 1 ... 420 421 [422] 423 424 ... 561