Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 384 385 [386] 387 388 ... 561

Author Topic: Fan art competition! *Moving sound*  (Read 1454791 times)

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
Re: Fan art competition! *Moving sound*
« Reply #5775 on: November 05, 2010, 03:45:33 am »

This is genius. Although it troubles my heart that I will never have the financial means to aqcuire such a masterpiece myself.
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

Comrade_Fregge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5776 on: November 05, 2010, 06:53:15 am »

If you cant see what it is, its a party consisting of a dwarf, a goblin and an elf, standing in a ruined town. The dwarf is dressed in a dwarven bronze armor and the goblin is holding his characteristic iron mask. THe elf is wearing elven armor.

Rask

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5777 on: November 05, 2010, 09:27:19 am »

If you cant see what it is, its a party consisting of a dwarf, a goblin and an elf, standing in a ruined town. The dwarf is dressed in a dwarven bronze armor and the goblin is holding his characteristic iron mask. THe elf is wearing elven armor.

But, but, isn't elven armour made of wood? *looks at picture again* That has got to be terribly uncomfortable. Also, splinters.

Stormrage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5778 on: November 05, 2010, 09:30:21 am »

But, but, isn't elven armour made of wood? *looks at picture again* That has got to be terribly uncomfortable. Also, splinters.

There is also rope reed.

Also, couldn't help but notice she had only one arrow.

Comrade_Fregge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5779 on: November 05, 2010, 09:36:14 am »

There is also rope reed.

Also, couldn't help but notice she had only one arrow.

Of course. Elves, tree-loving and enviromentally aware as they are, dont want to chop down more trees than necessary for their arrows.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #5780 on: November 05, 2010, 12:13:28 pm »

Well, considering that adventuring companions don't actually pick up NEW arrows at this point, it's not unlikely to actually get that situation in game.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Julien Brightside

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Artblog
« Reply #5781 on: November 05, 2010, 01:54:53 pm »

Was the town ruined before or after the arrival of the adventurers?

Comrade_Fregge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5782 on: November 05, 2010, 02:03:03 pm »

Was the town ruined before or after the arrival of the adventurers?

Im not sure. I WAS going to have the adventurers commit a massive genocide in the town, but I was to lazy to draw all the characters and the chaos in said scenario.
Lets just say our heroes found the result of an epic battle between, lets say a human and a ...kobold civilization.

Comrade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5783 on: November 05, 2010, 03:18:01 pm »

Im pretty sure that goblin is a kobold, maybe they rescued him and recruited him.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5784 on: November 05, 2010, 07:32:32 pm »

THe elf is wearing elven armor.
That can't be. It is far too revealing. It must be a goblin disguised as an Elf.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5785 on: November 05, 2010, 08:38:40 pm »

Why wouldn't elves wear revealing clothing? Almost nudity is just natural, you know?

And goblins wear revealing clothing because evil is sexy.

And dwarves wear revealing clothing because their clothing industry is in shambles and they only have tattered rags.

And kobolds wear revealing clothing because their culture has not yet discovered pants.

Comrade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5786 on: November 05, 2010, 08:59:14 pm »

Why wouldn't elves wear revealing clothing? Almost nudity is just natural, you know?

And dwarves wear revealing clothing because their clothing industry is in shambles and they only have tattered rags.

And kobolds wear revealing clothing because their culture has not yet discovered pants.

This basically sums it all up.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5787 on: November 05, 2010, 09:44:30 pm »

You just won a cookie.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #5788 on: November 05, 2010, 09:53:44 pm »

this is best post.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Comrade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5789 on: November 05, 2010, 10:04:37 pm »

Toady should just take that post and make it a topic and announce it through the forms.
Pages: 1 ... 384 385 [386] 387 388 ... 561