Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 362 363 [364] 365 366 ... 561

Author Topic: Fan art competition! *Moving sound*  (Read 1455894 times)

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
Re: Fan art competition!
« Reply #5445 on: September 15, 2010, 02:50:13 am »

Although it doesn't seem like Bink Video should be listed...
and B.L.U. and the Imperium of Man affiliations should?  :P
That was the only thing I recognized aside from the PC gamer rating, and I believe it to be superfluous for DF.

What was the report focused on?
Essentially we had to reason out every decision made in the advertisement.  Like, positioning, color, content, format, audience, message, etc.
Want to post that too? If you went into the right details, it might be fit for the engraver's guild.

Presumably the hard drive space isn't for the game, but for a generated world-save. It would be entertaining if the most effective method of deterring save-scumming was the size of the save files; no room for a back-up!
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

MaDeR Levap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5446 on: September 15, 2010, 03:08:16 pm »

Presumably the hard drive space isn't for the game, but for a generated world-save. It would be entertaining if the most effective method of deterring save-scumming was the size of the save files; no room for a back-up!
I do not think that in 2021 a 25,5 GB file would be very big. In fact, I except that carpload of such files would fit on one USB stick (or equivalent).

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5447 on: September 15, 2010, 03:21:19 pm »

By 2021, DF saves will be in the terabytes.
A service to the forum: clowns=demons, cotton candy=adamantine, clown car=adamantine tube, circus=hell, circus tent=demonic fortress.

Genoraven

• Bay Watcher
  • 4 Ichy Tasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5448 on: September 15, 2010, 05:12:22 pm »

BodyGripper, I love the engravings.  And the dwarves' sweatpants.  :D

Oh wow so I drew another goblin.  I think they're only like 85% of my submissions here. 

This one started as a pencil sketch, which is inconceivable. 

Lol, looking through that photobucket account, I found the first goblin I posted here, like 2 years ago:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

On the first one the Maille is going the wrong direction. It would be right if you were to rotate the pattern 90 degrees. Not that i expect you to go back and change it. Just letting you know.
Urist McPeasant cancels point and laugh at Philosopher - Philosopher no longer exists.
Philosopher cancels job: abstractualize existence: interrupted by personal nonexistence.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #5449 on: September 15, 2010, 05:27:41 pm »

Well, there were a few comments about that (more like a few dozens) and he was just lazy and used a texture instead of drawing it, and he said it :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Genoraven

• Bay Watcher
  • 4 Ichy Tasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5450 on: September 15, 2010, 05:32:17 pm »

Ahh must have missed that in the hundred or so pages I've missed =P
Urist McPeasant cancels point and laugh at Philosopher - Philosopher no longer exists.
Philosopher cancels job: abstractualize existence: interrupted by personal nonexistence.

Balathustrius

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_SLEEP]
    • View Profile
    • In which I post pictures
« Reply #5451 on: September 16, 2010, 04:41:33 am »

he was just lazy

I prefer to think of it as "efficient."   

Genoraven, if you mean that the links themselves are incorrectly oriented, I didn't know that.   I still have that sitting around; maybe I'll stop being efficient and fix it. 
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 04:44:28 am by Balathustrius »
You have struck Microcline!

Comrade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5452 on: September 16, 2010, 03:59:08 pm »

I got a tablet some time ago and i though i would bust it out. So here's my amazing first drawing on it. Lots of it is sloppy but i though i might as well contribute.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Julien Brightside

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Artblog
« Reply #5453 on: September 16, 2010, 05:19:48 pm »

Dwarf with a purple jacket but no pants, standing by a lava river while watching a dog tied to the wall.

A rather approriate drawing for Dwarf Fortress.

Comrade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5454 on: September 16, 2010, 06:47:00 pm »

Behold! Uernkija!

Someone come up with a suitable description for it.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #5455 on: September 17, 2010, 12:29:55 am »

A gigantic one-eyed blob of vomit twisted into humanoid form? Beware its angry gaze?
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Shaio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5456 on: September 17, 2010, 02:28:36 am »

This is an engraving of a battle between Urkantranso the giant skinless graffe twisted into humanoid form, and blobity, the giant flying blob of vomit. Urkantranso is making strange sounds, blobity is eating his head.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #5457 on: September 17, 2010, 02:33:53 pm »

This is a engraving of Monom Mcminer and abolduzoluth, the great ball of vomit. Abolduzoluth is eating Monom. Monom is frowning. The engraving rlates to the death of Abolduzoluth the great ball of vomit in 1246
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Genoraven

• Bay Watcher
  • 4 Ichy Tasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5458 on: September 18, 2010, 12:52:42 am »

he was just lazy

I prefer to think of it as "efficient."   

Genoraven, if you mean that the links themselves are incorrectly oriented, I didn't know that.   I still have that sitting around; maybe I'll stop being efficient and fix it.

Yeah it's take longer to draw maille than to actually make it. I don't blame you for using a pattern.

The pattern should look like this. For your information.

neosorcerer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5459 on: September 18, 2010, 01:19:54 am »

I think he should draw each individual ring  :D
Pages: 1 ... 362 363 [364] 365 366 ... 561