Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 325 326 [327] 328 329 ... 561

Author Topic: Fan art competition! *Moving sound*  (Read 1456805 times)

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fan art competition!
« Reply #4890 on: May 27, 2010, 05:49:40 am »

I guess I could splash some stuff together and come up with something to add to this thread.
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

Jiri Petru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4891 on: May 27, 2010, 09:17:17 am »

I might have already posted this but I'm to lazy to find out. This thread needs more art, anyway.

Alius, a champion wearing an astounding amount of artifacts I've drawn for the Syrupleaf let's play.

Yours,
Markus Cz. Clasplashes

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4892 on: May 27, 2010, 01:46:24 pm »

The details on artifacts are cool. The dwarf though looks a bit sad... I thought that with such amount of legendary artifacts owned he would be ecstatic.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Jojo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4893 on: May 27, 2010, 02:14:18 pm »

I think he suffered the loss of a pet recently. ^^

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4894 on: May 27, 2010, 03:05:55 pm »

You play as a dwarf, it's like adventure mode with graphics and fortress mode abilities (digging, crafting, hunting and stuff).

This is just an alpha but it aims for a week-long sessions. Basically there will be a world started in the beginning at each week and you will be able to make houses, towns and trade all around a semi-large world (not too big but not too small). Then it will somehow end, because too long MMORPG projects tend to become boring and end with massive clanwars and griefing. Oh also newcommers have to grind a lot to be something.

Here you will be able to start anew each week and play whoever you want. You will still be better if you play more, but you can hang out as a commoner as well without being slain by 60 lvls in +10 items around each corner.

Also we think about starting as a child. Well, there're a lot of cool ideas around.

P.S. I hope I will be able to drag more people in DF with this :). I was able to invite about 10 people total during the last half of a year into the great Toady's world... I hope this one makes it better ;). We need to advertise DF in more ways, and creative ways are the best IMHO.

P.S.
 A smelter :)

sounds awesome.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4895 on: May 27, 2010, 06:50:42 pm »

I roamed around in adventure mode, and noticed a human town with almost all people as priests... They all were worshipping a goddess of blight and death. I've decided to draw their high priestess.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 09:14:33 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4896 on: May 27, 2010, 06:52:38 pm »

I roamed around in adventure mode, and noticed a human town with almost all people as priests... They all were worshipping a goddess of blight and death. I've decided to draw their high priestess.

pointy!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4897 on: May 27, 2010, 06:54:51 pm »

Yeah I forgot to say that she was extremely thin. It seemed quite appropriate for a high goddess of blight, thus I've decided to draw her as a walking cadavre :P.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4898 on: May 27, 2010, 08:49:21 pm »

I'd think a high priestess of death and blight would look a bit more, ah, whithered, if you know what I mean.  Somehow, having features that suggest being good at caring for newborns doesn't seem to fit quite right.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #4899 on: May 27, 2010, 08:50:53 pm »

god, guys, what's your problem with boobs!?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4900 on: May 27, 2010, 08:52:54 pm »

That's not funny already. I've changed the style and you still look at boobs.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4901 on: May 27, 2010, 08:54:11 pm »

Even I'll admit the jokes wear thin now. At first it was an odd thing to notice. Nowadays we know it is his style. No need to call it out, it's how he does things.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4902 on: May 27, 2010, 08:57:53 pm »

I'm actually trying to be as serious as a person can be expected to be, given the circumstances.  She is thin, and "of death and decay," so it does seem a bit odd.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4903 on: May 27, 2010, 08:59:26 pm »

Hey, gods like irony.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4904 on: May 27, 2010, 08:59:38 pm »

so it does seem a bit odd.
As the whole color palette and the pointy angles. The picture is meant to be odd.

P.S. Also I don't get it how is it fun to draw ONLY things which are logical. I mean, come on, it's more interesting if it's uncommon, right?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 ... 325 326 [327] 328 329 ... 561