Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 293 294 [295] 296 297 ... 561

Author Topic: Fan art competition! *Moving sound*  (Read 1460625 times)

Fault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fan art competition!
« Reply #4410 on: May 06, 2010, 08:44:23 pm »

MAKE WAY FOR THE KING OF GOBLINS

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #4411 on: May 06, 2010, 08:44:30 pm »

Yes. Add a pair of drawbridges on the side so they can flap with a pull of that lever making the war wagon fly.
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4412 on: May 06, 2010, 08:48:11 pm »

King of the Goblins? Nice but.. he needs a crown or something.. or maybe he dosn't.. I dunno.. Looks awesome tough.

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #4413 on: May 06, 2010, 08:50:20 pm »

Yes the king of gobblins looks badass. He needs a crown though. Of dwarven bone.
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

Fault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4414 on: May 06, 2010, 08:50:41 pm »

I tried him with a crown. didn't look all that good. You need to see his BALDNESS
so I gave him gold earrings instead.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4415 on: May 06, 2010, 08:51:02 pm »

shouldn't he be a demon?
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4416 on: May 06, 2010, 08:52:00 pm »

shouldn't he be a demon?

They WORSHIP demons, but demons aren't nesseceraly their kings/queens/leaders.

Fault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4417 on: May 06, 2010, 08:57:36 pm »

goblins have [Variable_positions:all]
if there's no demon to conquer them, they could have kings or warlords or maybe even presidents, the possibilities are limitless

also, within the effigies setting, the function of demons is served by trolls. They occupy a place of honour in goblin society, and only the goblin priests may speak to them (the goal of which is usually to convince the troll to aid them in waging war)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4418 on: May 06, 2010, 08:58:30 pm »

You could go for a thin band that still shows his forehead.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Fault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4419 on: May 06, 2010, 09:01:26 pm »

that might look too elf-y.

His appearance was also intended to help him relate to the goblin soldiers (the king's purpose is to lead armies). He has no crown because the usual soldier wears no helm. That and, aside from excessive decoration, his regalia is functionally identical to a soldier's uniform.

He commands through charisma and presence alone - he needs no crown to elevate his position.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4420 on: May 06, 2010, 09:03:06 pm »

that might look too elf-y.

His appearance was also intended to help him relate to the goblin soldiers (the king's purpose is to lead armies). He has no crown because the usual soldier wears no helm. That and, aside from excessive decoration, his regalia is functionally identical to a soldier's uniform.

He commands through charisma and presence alone - he needs no crown to elevate his position.

Ah, that makes sense.

Techhead

• Bay Watcher
  • Former Minister of Technological Heads
    • View Profile
« Reply #4421 on: May 06, 2010, 11:02:22 pm »

yeah I figured they needed a weakness. I'm not providing an in-story reason for their iron "allergy", though. It will intentionally go unexplained.

Iron weaponry should leave really nasty wounds on goblins... like big, smoking burning scars filled with coagulated blood.
If you really wanted an explanation, though, you could call it a species-wide mutation in the hemoglobin gene. The mutation would cause red blood cells to catalyze metallic iron and turn it into free iron in the bloodstream. This would then cause immediate cell death in the wound and iron overload throughout the rest of the body.

If you don't want an explanation, then that's okay too.

P.S. I actually did research on this. It's still fantasy pseudoscience, though.
Engineering Dwarves' unfortunate demises since '08
WHAT?  WE DEMAND OUR FREE THINGS NOW DESPITE THE HARDSHIPS IT MAY CAUSE IN YOUR LIFE
It's like you're all trying to outdo each other in sheer useless pedantry.

Dwarfu

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Advisor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4422 on: May 06, 2010, 11:20:17 pm »

MAKE WAY FOR THE KING OF GOBLINS

At first, I, too, thought he needed a crown, but was struck by how odd that would seem.  Totally agree that his baldness adds flavor.

He looks...dressed up.  Is he going to a parade?  Armor pounded to look like skulls?  How about some real skull decorations?  To be the badass-leader-that-doesn't-need-a-crown-but-omits-an-air-of-command he needs more trinkets from his kills - a bit more of a mishmash of useful but conquered civ armor, perhaps an elven dagger in his boot (or attached to the front of his boot to kick lessers with), a jeweled broad belt taken from a dwarven duke, a few chains of esses from the human lords that he felled.

Big fan of your work - but yuk him up some.

...you could call it a species-wide mutation in the hemoglobin gene.

Oh, come on, you know that should be the hemogoblin gene.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 11:22:57 pm by Dwarfu »

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Fault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4424 on: May 07, 2010, 02:04:37 am »

Oh, come on, you know that should be the hemogoblin gene.
I was gonna make that pun. but I was all, "I bet everyone's already thought of that, no one will think it's funny"

Trope Overdose. And that's just his head.
HOW DOES HE HAVE RED EYES AND GOLD EYES
Pages: 1 ... 293 294 [295] 296 297 ... 561