Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 561

Author Topic: Fan art competition! *Moving sound*  (Read 1457872 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Fan art competition!
« Reply #3300 on: February 10, 2010, 11:05:40 am »

Why are you wasting time justifying your own work? Get back to making blatantly sexualized fantasy creatures!

HEEYA! MUSH!
Good idea, Josh :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3301 on: February 10, 2010, 11:07:47 am »

The feet still look kind of like hooves, but yea, otherwise its pretty good.

Fault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3302 on: February 10, 2010, 02:39:29 pm »

Hey Deon, I hear you apparently made improvements to your queen picture.

Of course, I haven't looked at it, cause I'm in a school environment and I don't want to get weird looks.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3303 on: February 10, 2010, 06:03:32 pm »

dude, you're on the dwarf fortress forums, I think you're gonna get weird looks anyways.
Nom nom nom

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3304 on: February 10, 2010, 06:05:31 pm »

He added a wonderwoman costume. :)

*runs as he gets projectiles thrown at him by Deon*

j/k of course. The colorscheme is a bit like the wonderwoman costume but the wonderwoman costume was little more than a bikini, a tank top, and a crown, deons pic is somewhat more clothed than that.

Fault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3305 on: February 10, 2010, 07:55:22 pm »

A while ago we had a dwarf fortress thread on the traditional games board.
Someone came up with an idea for a Gurren Lagann / Dwarf Fortress crossover.
I don't know how it would work, maybe as a full conversion mod or something, but I had to draw this:

if you think about it, the two settings have a lot of common elements: digging tools, social evolution, people being on fire... a mod that combines the two would be interesting, maybe it could show the opression of the spiral king from the perspective of dwarves, or something like that.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 07:59:08 pm by Fault »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3306 on: February 10, 2010, 08:05:17 pm »

GRRR! I can't believe somebody besides me thought of that!

I swear I had an entire mini-story in one daydream that combined TTGL's entire second story, except using DF creatures exclusively.

Fault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3307 on: February 10, 2010, 08:07:25 pm »

I don't think the second story'd be possible, dwarves haven't discovered space flight yet.

YET.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #3308 on: February 10, 2010, 08:16:38 pm »

Surely it needs more picks? Like, half a dozen, with one mounted on the forehead.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3309 on: February 10, 2010, 08:19:57 pm »

I don't think the second story'd be possible, dwarves haven't discovered space flight yet.

YET.

This is clearly not in compliance with the theme of the show, which, as you'll clearly remember was "KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!".

My daydream, summarized, went like thus:

The last dwarven stronghold, consisting of an entire volcanic mountain,  is being encroached on by the murderous and barbaric orcs that are dead determined to wipe every other race off the face of the planet. The dwarven stronghold, understaffed and underprepared to actually fend off the monstrous orcish hordes, has devised a clever plan:

Distill the most potent alcohol in the world, the 250 proof (125% alcohol) Godly Gut Rot, store mass amounts of it at the base of the mountain, and then ignite it all at once, thus blasting the entire mountain into outerspace! The mountain, carrying a payload of deadly magma, throws itself into orbit around the planet, with the intention of reaching the Orcish capital, dropping the payload of magma on it from orbit, and then reentering the atmosphere and crashing into the ocean as all the orcish ships head to the capital to help, thus creating a tidal wave that annihilates them all in one fell swoop.

However, things never go as planned when... meh, this is so insane, I'm bound to be called crazy.

Fault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3310 on: February 10, 2010, 08:22:11 pm »

I don't see how that resembles the plot of the second half of the series...

but it's still as epic as any TTGL-based story should be! KEEP WRITING, EVERYONE HERE THINKS THE STORY MAKES PEFECT SENSE

Surely it needs more picks? Like, half a dozen, with one mounted on the forehead.

YOU SPEAK THE TRUTH
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 08:26:12 pm by Fault »

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #3311 on: February 10, 2010, 08:45:34 pm »

Of course I do, just who in the hell do you think I am?
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3312 on: February 10, 2010, 08:56:04 pm »

Of course I do, just who in the hell do you think I am?
An arrogant prick honorable and gloriously enlightened guru of knowledge.  Just knowledge as a whole.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3313 on: February 10, 2010, 09:01:49 pm »

I don't see how that resembles the plot of the second half of the series...

but it's still as epic as any TTGL-based story should be! KEEP WRITING, EVERYONE HERE THINKS THE STORY MAKES PEFECT SENSE

Of course it does!

Alright, so underneath dwarven stronghold was a huge nest of HFS, which was unleashed during the blastoff. After decimating the encroaching orcs, the tenacious demon leader declares that NO DWARF will ever upset his home and get away with it, and thus utilizes their personal store of adamantine and gargantuan stockpile of man-slaves to quickly build a giant demon-shaped steam-powerd space battleship fueled by SoF's. Thus, they blast off into outerspace in pursuit of the dwarven mountain-ship.

The superior technology of the demons quickly catches up with the dwarves, where then irreparably damage the dwarves mega alcohol thrusters, fly underneath, attached cables and then proceed to drag the mountainship back down to the planet prematurely, where it will harmlessly collided into some uninhabited mountain ranges. With the mountain-ship without any weapons, unable to move, and completly lacking any other form of power, it looks like it's the dwarven races last few minutes before being obliterated.

However, what the demons don't count on is a single brave dwarf kissing his beloved goodbye, throwings as much of the remaining alcohol he can onto a wagon, wrapping the entire rig in masterwork leather and cloth, grabbing an artifact spear,  and then catapulting himself out of the mountain-ships hatch, throws himself into a martial trance, and simultaneously stab-explodes the exterior of the demon's ship, puncturing it's collossal water tanks, causing it to spurt thousands of gallons of water upwards towards the mountain-ship. The mountain ship hastily opens it's hatch and collects all the water it can, and then the remaining dwarves, with the water it's collected, makes a difficult decision and powers up the Hyper Steam-Magma Drive, sacrificing the magma payload for a chance at survival.

With the Hyper Steam-Magma Drive, the Mountainhome is able to overpower the demon ship, manage it's way back up, out of the atmosphere and back into orbit. The demon ship, not happy about this AT ALL, speeds up and meets the ship, and the tenacious demon leader has the ship transform into a giant 100-story tall adamantine demon robot.

The dwarves, however, have used their ingenuity to manage to quickly jury-rig a response to this. With the Hyper Steam-Magma Drive in place, it's a trivial matter to transform the mountainhome into Chouginga Dwarven Lagann, a giant dwarf made from the entire mountain, armored with it's many jewels and wielding a giant hammer.

You strike the heavens with the hammer to end all hammers, it is mangled!

Chouginga Dwarven Lagann then proceeds to bash the demon ship to pieces. The dwarves journey around the world continues, but now without a magma payload. Upon arriving at the Orcish capital, the dwarves settle on the only sensible course of action, which is to hurtle Chouginga Dwarven Lagann at them at full speed like a meteor, and drop kick Orcs with the force of a billion dwarves.

This action rockets so much dust and ash up into the air that the sun is completely blocked out. However, the surviving dwarves live inside a new fortress buiit in the crater, content in the darkness and eating plump helmets, while everything else in the world withers and dies due to lack of sunlight. With that, the Orcs and demons (and the elves, through the collateral damage) are completely defeated, and the dwarven race lives to see another day.

Fault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3314 on: February 10, 2010, 09:16:11 pm »

oh. okay.

(OVERWHELMING AMOUNT OF IDEAS FOR DRAWINGS)
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 561