Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 483 484 [485] 486 487 ... 561

Author Topic: Fan art competition! *Moving sound*  (Read 1461387 times)

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • not for trees
Re: Fan art competition! *Moving sound*
« Reply #7260 on: January 17, 2012, 06:36:05 pm »

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7261 on: January 17, 2012, 07:03:29 pm »

Thanks for the critique! You managed to nail down most of the issues I have with this picture myself. Also, the legs are very underdetailed in comparison to the rest of the figure. Did I mention I'm not especially happy with it? ;)

You don't have to be. :p

I'm practicing both with pencil on paper and a Wacom tablet in Photoshop. The problem is, I'm better at Photoshop than I'm at drawing, as you have noticed. Perhaps I should shift the ratio in favor of pencil sketching.

IMO, you should shift it in favour of observational drawing and, yes, pencil sketching. You probably don't need half the things you're using, so it's probably a good idea to clear those away.

Buttery_Mess

• Bay Watcher
  • 11x11
    • View Profile
« Reply #7262 on: January 17, 2012, 11:15:39 pm »

Ferozstein, I like it. It reminds me of how I like to draw things, but you're much better at computer art than I am and your work is far more detailed than mine.

........., you are weird.
But .... It's so small!
It's not the size of the pick that counts... it's the size of the man with the pick.
Quote from: Toady One
Naturally, we'd like to make life miserable for everybody, randomly, but that'll take some doing.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7263 on: January 18, 2012, 02:19:02 am »

I'm not feeling the spinning bodies as much as some of the other things you've posted, .........

mendonca

• Bay Watcher
  • [CLIVE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7264 on: January 18, 2012, 03:09:09 am »

I'm not feeling the spinning bodies as much as some of the other things you've posted, .........

But look at them ... they're in love!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7265 on: January 18, 2012, 03:32:31 am »

Ninedots: Demons and night creatures hand-in-hand?

And personally, I like it, Ferozstein! The only real flaw I could find (apart from, perhaps, the hands) is that the lovely lady in the picture isn't exactly what I would describe as corpulent, but I guess when a dwarf's saved your fort by leading the valiant defenders enough times, you're inclined to draw a more flattering picture of them. ;D
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #7266 on: January 18, 2012, 02:42:01 pm »

Damn it Nine.! These sort of things would make so much more sense if you actually spoke..typed. Whatever.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #7267 on: January 19, 2012, 03:38:39 am »

Damn it Nine.! These sort of things would make so much more sense if you actually spoke..typed. Whatever.
Anything Ninedot could say would just make it make less sense.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Genoraven

• Bay Watcher
  • 4 Ichy Tasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #7268 on: January 19, 2012, 01:39:03 pm »

I did an illustration of my guard/marksdwarf squad captain, Dumat Ezumanil, as an exercise in Photoshop rendering. I'm not quite happy with how it came out, but decided I don't want to spend any more time on this picture, so consider it finished.

Note the two werewolf heads motif on her quiver, it is the symbol of my fortress.

She is eighty-nine years old, born on the 6th of Galena in the year 165.
She is corpulent. Her very long straight hair is neatly combed. Her eyebrows are quite long. Her dark tan skin is wrinkled. Her head is somewhat short. Her rust eyes are somewhat narrow. Her lips are thin. Her hair is goldenrod with flecks of gray.
She is almost never sick and slow to tire.

NOOOOOOOOOOO.

The pattern on the maille is wrong. More specifically the orientation is wrong. It should be rotated 90 degrees. and it's not JUST an ascetic  thing; the maille will be less effective in that situation. (I was going to take a couple pics to show but the camera broke =(  )

With the way you have it the maille will stretch out wioch will make it less effective. Any attack will have to defeat less rings in order to hurt the wearer.

Other than that, it's fantastic.
Urist McPeasant cancels point and laugh at Philosopher - Philosopher no longer exists.
Philosopher cancels job: abstractualize existence: interrupted by personal nonexistence.

Buttery_Mess

• Bay Watcher
  • 11x11
    • View Profile
« Reply #7269 on: January 19, 2012, 02:07:08 pm »

Genoraven, I bet you shout at the television whenever there's a movie with 'chainmail' made out of wool painted silver.
But .... It's so small!
It's not the size of the pick that counts... it's the size of the man with the pick.
Quote from: Toady One
Naturally, we'd like to make life miserable for everybody, randomly, but that'll take some doing.

Genoraven

• Bay Watcher
  • 4 Ichy Tasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #7270 on: January 19, 2012, 02:43:00 pm »

Genoraven, I bet you shout at the television whenever there's a movie with 'chainmail' made out of wool painted silver.

Haven't had that problem. But yes, I probably would. I make it so it's stuff that I actively look for.
Urist McPeasant cancels point and laugh at Philosopher - Philosopher no longer exists.
Philosopher cancels job: abstractualize existence: interrupted by personal nonexistence.

Ferozstein

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes magma and dwarves for their macabre ways.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7271 on: January 19, 2012, 02:50:44 pm »

NOOOOOOOOOOO.

The pattern on the maille is wrong. More specifically the orientation is wrong. It should be rotated 90 degrees. and it's not JUST an ascetic  thing; the maille will be less effective in that situation. (I was going to take a couple pics to show but the camera broke =(  )

With the way you have it the maille will stretch out wioch will make it less effective. Any attack will have to defeat less rings in order to hurt the wearer.

Other than that, it's fantastic.

Thanks a lot for your approval, but no, it isn't :P As was already pointed out, while I agree the picture does look good at first glance, it has a ton of irritating issues that really glare if you know how it SHOULD look. Case in point: you're right about the chainmail. I don't know how I missed it, I have a suit of mail myself and used to wear it occassionally. One of the chainmail's quirks is that it "stretches", but only in one direction, which is vertically (in normal circumstances). This one has the rings aligned so that it stretches horizontally, which would make it extremely stiff and difficult to bend in (even more so because of the already stiff leather armor underneath it). Great catch, thanks. It will not happen again :P

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #7272 on: January 20, 2012, 09:07:36 am »

I'm glad I found this thread, now to practice my speed reading on ~450 whole pages of aesthetic glory!

Ironhand

• Bay Watcher
  • the llama is laughing
    • View Profile
« Reply #7273 on: January 20, 2012, 11:40:24 pm »

Haven't had that problem. But yes, I probably would. I make it so it's stuff that I actively look for.

Never watched Monty Python and the Holy Grail?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7274 on: January 21, 2012, 12:23:22 am »

I'm glad I found this thread, now to practice my speed reading on ~450 whole pages of aesthetic glory!
Not all 146 pages have working links all of the time, though.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 483 484 [485] 486 487 ... 561