Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 273 274 [275] 276 277 ... 561

Author Topic: Fan art competition! *Moving sound*  (Read 1429005 times)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
Re: Fan art competition!
« Reply #4110 on: April 16, 2010, 09:47:53 pm »

Brainsucker from Might and Magic. Those used to freak me out.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Fault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4111 on: April 17, 2010, 12:50:19 am »

Kod was a forgotten beast. A gigantic lobster twisted into humanoid form. It has a pair of large mandibles and has a gaunt appearance. Beware its deadly spittle! Kod is associated with magma, misery and wealth.

Oops, looking back at the description, I realize I forgot about the mandibles. Oh well, I guess the lower abdominal claws could count as mandibles, considering they're head-level.
I made him greyish because there are no red or blue lobsters in DF, only pale cave lobsters.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4112 on: April 17, 2010, 01:05:18 am »

Always top quality work with you.

Fault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4113 on: April 17, 2010, 01:06:36 am »

his arms don't match.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4114 on: April 17, 2010, 01:10:46 am »

it's a fogrotten beast.

it doesn't need matching arms.

Fault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4115 on: April 17, 2010, 01:19:12 am »

They could be like hermit crab claws... but then the difference would be much more evident.

ART SCHEDULE
-I have drawn the "skinless dwarf soaked in magma" but I don't have time to colour it tonight
-I'm also working on another pic of that demon warrior from before - except without his armour
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 01:45:47 am by Fault »

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4116 on: April 17, 2010, 01:42:37 am »

Brainsucker from Might and Magic. Those used to freak me out.
How strange...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 01:44:33 am by Nivm »
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4117 on: April 17, 2010, 01:51:18 am »

Kod was a forgotten beast. A gigantic lobster twisted into humanoid form. It has a pair of large mandibles and has a gaunt appearance. Beware its deadly spittle! Kod is associated with magma, misery and wealth.

Oops, looking back at the description, I realize I forgot about the mandibles. Oh well, I guess the lower abdominal claws could count as mandibles, considering they're head-level.
I made him greyish because there are no red or blue lobsters in DF, only pale cave lobsters.

Kinda reminds me of a necromorph.

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4118 on: April 17, 2010, 02:33:01 am »

Fuckin' awesome, Fault. I'm gonna try to mod them in (sans the magma breath and hueg size) and call them... Lobstermen!
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Fault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4119 on: April 17, 2010, 02:39:33 am »

glad you like it!

should be pretty easy to mod them in, just take the HUMANOID_TEMPLATE the other animalmen use and apply it to CAVE_LOBSTER instead of CAVE_FISH

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4120 on: April 17, 2010, 02:43:50 am »

I tried doing that, but tissue layers fucked it up.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

mendonca

• Bay Watcher
  • [CLIVE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4121 on: April 17, 2010, 04:33:19 am »

Fuckin' awesome, Fault. I'm gonna try to mod them in (sans the magma breath and hueg size) and call them... Lobstermen!

Make sure you also mod in a heavy thermic lance, otherwise your dwarves will have no chance.

And also, yes Fault. The continuous, relentless quality is astounding. Please continue for as long as you see fit!

Julius Clonkus

• Bay Watcher
  • [NIGHTMARE_FETISHIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4122 on: April 17, 2010, 04:54:52 am »

Make sure you also mod in a heavy thermic lance, otherwise your dwarves will have no chance.
Actually, if the head was on top it would resemble these fellas pretty well.
So we'd need incendiary bolts. Lots and lots of them.

Another great work by Fault. Keep it up!
Holy schist, this thread is mica me sick.
DF Players never truly leave.  They just abandon the fortress for a few years and then reclaim.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4123 on: April 17, 2010, 05:40:28 am »

Haven't posted here for a while...

And now I have.

Urist McBatista.

(Fault: that lobsterguy is kinda like a mirelurk, except more agile looking. And awesome.)
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4124 on: April 17, 2010, 07:23:20 am »

Bah, a good soldier with a sonic cannon is good enough!  Sonic cannons for e'eryone!
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember
Pages: 1 ... 273 274 [275] 276 277 ... 561