Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 561

Author Topic: Fan art competition! *Moving sound*  (Read 1457105 times)

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
Re: Fan art competition!
« Reply #3540 on: March 04, 2010, 12:56:48 am »

Back would make more sense, having them on the front like that would cause horrible spine injuries (large breasts already do this, large breasts and large sacks of water would be terrible.)

Also, i feel it is worth mentioning that with that skin colour, they'd need to wear more persian\indian style covering (basically wrapped from head to toe in light fabric) to avoid sunburn.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3541 on: March 04, 2010, 01:22:40 am »

I would like to point out that camels do not store water in their humps, they store fat in them. A human would more than likely just have either a beer belly or thicker hips/bust.

But yeah, back-boobs.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Fault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3542 on: March 04, 2010, 01:26:20 am »

In short: storing water in boobs = bad idea.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3543 on: March 04, 2010, 01:45:28 am »

It's not boobs >.>

A human would more than likely just have either a beer belly or thicker hips/bust.
But it's not a human, that's the pretty fact about inventing fantasy races: you can shape them :P.
Do elves need pointy ears to live in forests and dwarves beards to live in caves? :D

Back would make more sense, having them on the front like that would cause horrible spine injuries (large breasts already do this, large breasts and large sacks of water would be terrible.)

Also, i feel it is worth mentioning that with that skin colour, they'd need to wear more persian\indian style covering (basically wrapped from head to toe in light fabric) to avoid sunburn.
They live in caves under deserts and yeah they use heavy wrappings to travel around. Right now I research advanced designs for desert suits.

And their bones and muscles are really hard, that's their physical characteristic, so they are comfortable with it :P.

Dromedary khymmerian=two giant sized breasts?
OMG Fault, don't make me to draw it >.<
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 01:47:32 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3544 on: March 04, 2010, 05:22:20 am »

It would also right royally screw up their center of balance. I can imagine they spend alot of time falling over.

A quick check reveals that Camels do indeed store fat, not water, in their humps. Their humps let them go for weeks without food, the reason they need small amounts of water is because their internal body temperature can increase to about 40 - 41C with no ill effect, and they don't need to sweat to cool their body down until it reaches that temperature, unlike Humans, who at that core body temperature are in deep shit. Combine that with their thick fur which helps protect their skin from the direct radiant heat of the sun (and sunburn) and you has a camel.

So yeah.

You didn't do any science at all for that race did you, you just wanted an excuse to draw a girl with four boobs :P

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3545 on: March 04, 2010, 08:00:49 am »

I know that camels store fat not water, however I thought that they still collect water there somehow (in fat layers).

And yeah, that, and I needed a human-like but non-human desert race for the forum game.

By the way I redrew her in a better quality. But now she's naked so I cannot upload her for obvious reasons before I make out a tribal outfit.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3546 on: March 04, 2010, 09:50:34 am »

I know that camels store fat not water, however I thought that they still collect water there somehow (in fat layers).

Apparantly not, Camels survive without water by just not sweating. Which is how pretty much all desert creatures work.

RavingManiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3547 on: March 04, 2010, 10:04:06 am »

I do not want to know what the male looks like  :(
Thief:"Quiet kitty, Qui-"
Cat:"THIEF! Protect the hoard from the skulking filth!"
The resulting party killed 20 dwarves, crippled 2 more and the remaining 9 managed to get along and have a nice party.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3548 on: March 04, 2010, 10:05:56 am »

Cool. These babes (and guys, but I think you'll forgive me if I don't draw you one) survive by accumulating water inside of their chest-sacks. They can even share the water with other dying of thirst individuals using outer paps which resemble humans' nipples (although Khymmerians do not feed their children with milk, but they give them water instead in this way).

Sorry I don't have a time to draw appropriate apparel so I just censor out problematic places. I think it's ok to slack like this, Fault slacked with his awesome antman before, why can't I slack with a Kymmerian? :P

Warning: a mild NSFW content:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I will add clothing and desert gear later, also I will update current little things like a spear and a cave crawler (which serves as a bait during the hunt).

I hope my drawing skills improved from the previous case with a "wrestler" so you'll finally feel ok looking at this picture.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3549 on: March 04, 2010, 10:19:57 am »

DAT ASS

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3550 on: March 04, 2010, 10:26:37 am »

Yeah, for balance.

Anyway, people should start posting stuff. It looks like there's not a lot of people interested in drawing anymore :(.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3551 on: March 04, 2010, 10:57:37 am »

I would make something for the various art threads, but that would mean addressing deep issued with myself that have kept me from doing any art of any kind for upwards of five years.

Anybody get that feeling halfway through making a skeleton that everything is crap, the proportions don't match up and that no matter how many sketches you do none of them show any improvement whatsoever?
 That is generally what keeps me from doing anything: Failure to continue after the initial sketch. And a failure of learning.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #3552 on: March 04, 2010, 11:46:58 am »

They can even share the water with other dying of thirst individuals using outer paps which resemble humans' nipples.

Oh Deon I fucking love you!
BOTTLED MESSAGE BE AFLOAT

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3553 on: March 04, 2010, 12:11:05 pm »

Let's get along without the "F" word :P.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3554 on: March 04, 2010, 12:23:55 pm »

what fiddlesticks? Fudge? Freaky? Fail? Fly? Freinds?
Nom nom nom
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 561