Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: LAZY NEWB PACK TILESETS !!!  (Read 10047 times)

umbrelladroid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
LAZY NEWB PACK TILESETS !!!
« on: September 02, 2016, 03:18:19 pm »

Is guys, im not too sure if i am posting in the right place, I did look around but couldn't find the answer I was looking for, But heres my question anyhow.

Is there anyway to add new tilesets tothe lazy Newb pack? ( or are we not allowed to discuss teh newb pack here )

I did try to do this before but could not get the tileset list in the newb pack to update with the new sets i imported.. Can anyone help ????

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LAZY NEWB PACK TILESETS !!!
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2016, 03:40:37 pm »

If you put something in the /LNP/Tilesets/ folder, you will need to open the Lazy Newb Pack and double-click your graphics pack to have it re-check the /LNP/tilesets folder for new tilesheets to install.

umbrelladroid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2016, 02:32:52 am »

If you put something in the /LNP/Tilesets/ folder, you will need to open the Lazy Newb Pack and double-click your graphics pack to have it re-check the /LNP/tilesets folder for new tilesheets to install.

Cheers thank you, I will give this a try this evening.. one more thing... could you link me to any tilesets that are floating about ??

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2016, 02:58:13 am »

There's a bunch of tilesheets on Tileset repository page on the Dwarf Fortress wiki.
There are several 12x12 versions of the default Curses tileset on that page. I've looked at them all pretty thouroughly and Haberdash's 12x12 is the most faithful 12x12 conversion.

There's also lots of tilesheets that aren't on the wiki. Here's some of them:

* AutoReiv 20x20 and 10x10 tilesets by AutoReiv
 * Tergel 12x12, 16x16, and 32x32 tileset pack by CowThing
 * Storyteller Gothic 16x16 tileset by Dirtcopter77
 * Duerer 15x15 tileset by HaterSkater
 * Wanderlust 16x16 tileset by Kynsmer
 * Non Square Master Race 24x36 tileset by Max™
 * FnordSet 16x16 tileset by PopTart
 * Simple Mood 16x16 tileset by Rogue Yun
 * Taffer's Tilesets & Graphics 10x10 and 20x20 pack by Taffer
 * Ishmeria 8x16 tileset by Versace
 * Dirt Fortress 16x16 by raeborga

raeborga

• Bay Watcher
  • [STRANGE_MOODS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2016, 01:37:47 pm »

I'm open to creating new tilesets out of pretty much anything, if you can't find anything you LOVE.1
Feel free to stop by the Dirt Fortress thread (listed above) if you get any ~crazy~ ideas.2

1Tilesets formed out of non-material objects such as raw thoughts are currently not supported. I'm working on a plugin called Thoughts Will Be Thoughts as we speak to remedy this issue.
2If you have normal ideas, I'm probably not the best choice.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 01:49:45 pm by raeborga »

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2016, 07:47:27 am »

There's also the DFGraphics repository on Github: https://github.com/DFgraphics
Everything in it should be in the Lazy Newb Pack, but if your LNP isn't fully up to date this may have something new or different.

Also, Tallcastle has a lot of creature graphics, but not a full tileset.  It also has a lot of animal men expanded to a full tileset in case they join your fort.