Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 77

Author Topic: Let’s Play Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords – Chapter 1: Burnt Offerings  (Read 88667 times)

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let’s Play Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords – Chapter 1: Burnt Offerings
« Reply #1050 on: September 10, 2017, 02:10:44 am »

((What specifically is Etoile warning them about?))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: September 10, 2017, 02:28:58 am »

((What specifically is Etoile warning them about?))

((The stuff with the cave like the Sandpoint devil and ghost and possible other person there. Those things.))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: September 12, 2017, 04:20:48 am »

((*roll* Zeratuu : Aid Another (Diplomacy) 1d20-1 vs DC 10 : 1 Failed
*roll* Etoile : Diplomacy 1d20 + 5 : 22 Succeeded))

Zeratuu, intimidated by the crowd that gathers around them, tries her best to help Etoile, but finds that the best she can manage is to nod vigorously at several points as Etoile describes the horrors they faced.

For his part, Etoile finds himself uncharacteristically at the center of a crowd's attention. He holds the audience spellbound as he recounts their adventures, confirming the town's fears that the Chopper's former residence was well and truly haunted. One of the priests listening makes plans to bring the matter to Father Zantus, to have every inch of the ruins blessed to drive out the spirit's lingering presence, and to safely remove the profane statue the adventurers had found.

The discovery of the (or at least a) feeding ground for the infamous Sandpoint Devil causes great concern, especially with it located right in town. In the end, there is little to do. No hunting party has ever successfully faced the horror, either failing to find it, or failing to return.

((Is there anything else anyone wants to do for the day? It's now early evening. Crafting the new gun will take one more day of work, and the masterwork tools will take another two days of work.))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: September 12, 2017, 05:10:15 am »

Etoile checks the party at the smithy, afterwards going home to sleep and continue his daily activities of researching.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: September 12, 2017, 03:36:21 pm »

((Imma just keep crafting, unless something else comes up that requires Aloisturm's attention.

It's a shame that the crafting rules specify a maximum of 8 hours per day, otherwise Rusty could just keep working day and night :P))
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: September 13, 2017, 03:40:46 pm »

((I'll also work on my gun for the next little bit. Helps to lay low in a place most people, hopefully, don't need to go))
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: September 18, 2017, 09:01:54 am »

Etoile heads home with Zeratuu in tow. While he does some research on what they encountered, she putters around in the kitchen, making food for them both.

((*roll* Etoile - Knowledge (Religion) 1d20 + 5 : 8 Nothing learned yet))

Tired from the day's events, Etoile can't focus well enough to find anything useful. He finds more information on ghosts and specters, but neither of these would explain what carved up Aloisturm. He'll be able to check further tomorrow, and perhaps the priests at the Cathedral would be able to help.

Meanwhile, Steven works until his eyes begin to get blurry. He's pleased with his progress, but knows he'll need sleep before he messes up something critical in his new gun's assembly. He takes the already completed parts with him, catches a late meal with Kal and turns in at the inn.

Kal spends several hours in prayers and contemplation before returning to the inn, where he shares a meal with Steven and goes to bed, troubled by the influence of his draconic ancestor.

Aloisturm works undisturbed in the forge, hammer rising and falling in steady rhythm. Making tools with such a wide selection available is no great feat, but engineering them to perfection takes time and care. Some tools require other tools to be created first to make the final result higher quality. Still, laboring through the night is no particular problem for the tireless construct.

The following morning, the sun dawns against a misty sky. Many who had known Das' wife and child turn out in their best clothing, and the bell of the cathedral tolls mournfully as Simon is finally buried and his grave is blessed to guide his spirit onward to the afterlife. Once the service is ended, the town guard seek out each member of the party to ask them to meet at the mayor's office at noon.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: September 18, 2017, 10:37:44 am »

Steven spots a group of the town guard heading towards him and immediately, on his way to the forges, turns right around and starts to try and lose them

"Figured they would have found ou soon enought..."

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: September 18, 2017, 01:27:47 pm »

Kal meets the guards on his way to the cathedral, and nods assent. Goes to find the others so they can arrive as a group.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: September 18, 2017, 01:33:29 pm »

Etoile is hauled by Zeratuu along with the guards who have forgotten about him towards their destination.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: September 18, 2017, 05:18:39 pm »

Irritated at the distraction, Aloisturm nevertheless promises to be there.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: September 21, 2017, 08:06:28 am »

Steven spots a group of the town guard heading towards him and immediately, on his way to the forges, turns right around and starts to try and lose them

"Figured they would have found ou soon enought..."

((*roll* Stealth 1d20 + 5 vs Perception : 18))

The two guardsmen quickly lose Steven in the morning crowds, and after looking around a little, they go on their way. The streets seem otherwise normal, and the guards appear to be on their regular rounds.

((OK, so Steven is now on the lam... what does he do?))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: September 21, 2017, 08:39:02 am »

((I get in just delaying this, but for the sake of following what he would do, this is it))

Steven debates his next action. There aren't any posters up for his arrest, so perhaps because of his deeds recently, they don't want to draw too much attention and anger the masses, especially during a time of mourning.

Steven does his best to make his way back to the inn to grab his gear and then look for... What was that kids name again? The one the kobold keeps staying with. He seems to know the city better, and he'll know where he can law low until he's resupplied to leave.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: September 22, 2017, 05:17:59 am »

Steven casually walked back to the Rusty Dragon, unnoticed by the guards. As he reached for the handle to open the door and slip inside, a stubby-fingered hand grabbed his wrist, incidentally preventing him from reaching for his gun. "Thieeeeeeef!" A dimunitive voice tried to roar from somewhere around his waist. At the same time, the odor of stale mead, turnips and vomit assailed his nose. Turning and looking down, Steven was treated to the sight of a gnome in rumpled, travel-stained clothing, and he was most definitely the source of the reek assaulting the human's nose. "Where is my golem, what did you do with it? Tell me you thieeeeef!" the gnome screeched again.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: September 22, 2017, 05:26:07 am »

((Lmao, poor Steven. This is gonna be good.))
Founder of Teh LOLmod
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 77