Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 77

Author Topic: Let’s Play Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords – Chapter 1: Burnt Offerings  (Read 88727 times)

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile

Perception check and assist with the digging.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Aloisturm concentrates on the heavy lifting, letting the more knowledgeable members of the party direct its efforts.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile

Excavate enough so the big clunky guy can get through
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((*roll*Etoile Perception - 1d20 + 7 : 10))

Working together, the party quickly removes enough rubble to lift the stone slab capping the cellar. The efforts of the militia years ago to collapse the passage were not very successful, and a half hour of work is enough to make the passage open enough for Aloisturm's bulk. The steep and winding staircase is carved from stone and leads down into a dark antechamber. A Light spell is enough to provide reasonable light to those less comfortable with darkness, and reveals haphazard paintings of vicious birds. Two stone doors, each bearing a strange symbol that resembles a seven-pointed star stand closed on the eastern and western walls of the room. The room is dominated by a looming, man-shaped wooden statue, with legs and talons of a giant eagle, two sets of eagle wings, a twisted, gem-studded avian head, and a sneak in place of genitals.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Knowledge check ((can I just say "knowledge check" since I have no clue what checks its supposed to be?))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Yup! I've been considering just rolling these passively for everyone because I think it's a bit bogus to expect players to do the correct knowledge checks at the correct times when it's not always clear what they should be.))

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((*roll* Etoile: Knowledge - Religion 1d20 + 5 : 25
*roll* Etoile: Knowledge - Planes 1d20 + 5 : 6))

Etoile stares at the statue in numb horror for a long minute. The others no doubt find it horrific in an ugly fashion, but Etoile's religious learning strikes far deeper. The profane statue represents, with a disturbing degree of accuracy, the demon lord Pazuzu, the demon lord of winged creatures. Merely saying his name is said to invite his attention, and saying it too often invites the possibility of the demon possessing the speaker and using them to its evil ends.

Whatever else he was, before he became the Chopper, Jervas Stoot was clearly a deranged and dangerous cultist.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Etoile notifies the party of the thing of abject horror, carefully avoiding the name itself, stuttering throughout every word. In addition he airs his doubt that the chimera is just a coincidence and that it's possible the Chopper, as a cultist, worshipped it and fed it.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aloisturm makes a mental note to return with plenty of oil and burn this entire cave down.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((The room has two doors you can go through, on the west and east walls))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Listen at both doors. Who knows what horrors a cultist could have left down here

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((*Roll* Perception (Zeratuu/Steven/Kal/Aloisturm/Etoile) 1d20 + (8/9/0/-1/7) : 18/20/5/1/25))

As the group quiets and strains to listen, nothing is heard through either door. But Zeratuu, Steven and Etoile begin to feel a creeping, crawling sensation up their spines. A child's voice, nearly inaudible... all around them, behind them, under them, from above. Crying, laughing with insanity, singing a children's song, its voice mocking and hateful.

Here comes crazy-man Das Korvut,
Mad as a cut snake in a wagon rut.
See how his chops go bouncity-bounce?
How many people has he trounced?
One! Two! Three! Four...

It trails off in insane giggling.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Etoile, albeit a man used to the ravings of patients under anaesthesia, catches his breath becoming ragged as he feels as if his own throat is trying to choke him. The horrors of today eat away piece by piece the willpower to remain in this place.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Seems we're not the only ones crazy enough to be in a killer's basement...

Think that's our missing child, Rusty?"

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"It is possible. I just hope whatever it is remains non-hostile."

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 77