Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 77

Author Topic: Let’s Play Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords – Chapter 1: Burnt Offerings  (Read 88768 times)

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Mostly really busy at the moment, I'll try to get the ball rolling soon))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

((Gotcha, sorry.))
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Exhausted by the long day behind them, the mortal adventurers sleep deeply that night.

Aloisturm quickly recovers, its maintainence period a brief two hours. Knowing that the others would perform less optimally without sufficient respite, the construct instead spends the following hours analyzing its own fighting techniques and refining its movements, sure that the next time it would fight, it would strike more surely and with less wasted effort. When it judged that sufficient time had passed, it stirred from its room.

For Steven, when he woke, he found that he had fallen asleep at the table, a handful of cigarettes scattered in front of him. Brushing a few strands of tobacco from his stubbled cheek, he remembered his dreams of the night before. He remembered his old friends, and frowned at the thought. They had been discussing firearms while they practiced. The merits of the pistol versus the pepperbox, the double hackbut versus the musket. For some reason the dream was... comforting, and it brought back details of his long ago training that he had forgotten on the run. His stomach rumbled, reminding him that he had missed dinner last night in the excitement.

In the room next door, Kal stirred uneasily. His dreams had been confused and shifting, but he remembered caves, a fire burning within him. Heavy scales and rustling wings... dragon dreams, as his blood stirred with magic. He wondered what Madame Mavashti would make of them, if anything.

Across town, Etoile stirred from his bed, frowning sleepily. For some reason, he smelled porridge cooking, which was impossible. He bolted awake, concerned that he had started making breakfast for himself, only to fall asleep and leave the porridge over the fire to burn. Instead, he was treated to the sight of a tiny lizard creature hopping around his small kitchen athletically, hissing musically to herself as she stirred the pot of porridge over the fire, several books spread out over the table nearby which she was reading through... at the same time. Hearing him move, she turned her head and bared her fangs at him.

[Common]"Master Etoile! You are having a most excellent library. Zeratuu is much learning while you slept. This one wonders where you found book written in language of dead things, but your cross referencing with celestial tongue was very good. Now, Master Etoile wash face and eat porridge, yes?"

The bemused young man blinked at the little lizard until she waved a spoon at him threatingly, then went to do as his unexpected house guest demanded. Maybe when he woke up more, things would make more sense.

For Zeratuu's part, her sleep had been short but more restful then any she had had in years. Like Kal, the dragon magic in her blood was sparked by past events, and she found herself when she awoke voraciously devouring (metaphorically) Etoile's personal library. Connections between concepts were suddenly so clear, and by the time the sun had rose, she felt that she had learned more about languages in a few hours then she had learned since she was a hatchling.

The day was cool, the sky mostly blue, with puffy clouds floating sedately by in the late morning breeze. The events of the day before already seemed far behind them, the question only remained, what would they do next?

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile

Steven, still a little stiff from sleeping in a chair, stands up and stretches, and then takes in his surroundings. Already, this is looking more like home for him as his bag is opened up and its contents placed on the table, with that dirty armor splayed out over another chair, and his duster and hat laid on the bed he was expecting to sleep on.

After staying in most towns for no more than a couple days, he's already showing less signs of the outlaw he was.

Maybe being a hero isn't so bad He thinks to himself as his bones crack as he leans down to grab his gear. He leaves the grimy armor and the bag of tobacco and papers behind.

I'll be back tonight anyway

Edit:
((Hit post too early))
Steven goes to get stuff to make blanks
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 05:17:16 pm by highmax28 »
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aloisturm flexed its fingers, feeling somewhat bemused. Its capabilities had grown more in the past two days than in the near-week it had toiled under Master Meatbag's orders, and the construct could not pinpoint the exact reasoning behind that curious fact. Certainly it had been battling the Enemy, which undoubtedly explained a great deal, but at the same time the construct had also been...interacting.

Master Meatbag hadn't been particularly interested in that sort of thing, wanting a simple golem to do his bidding. Aloisturm was reasonably certain that it would never become much of a conversationalist, but the construct could not deny that it took an odd sense of satisfaction from having beings to talk with should the desire to do so strike. They were obviously not forgeborn, of course, but one had to take what one could get. At least they were fellow warriors, in their own odd ways.

Satisfied by its new and improved capabilities, the construct goes down to the tavern room and waits for the rest to show up.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It is slightly before noon when everyone straggles into the common room of the Rusty Dragon. While breakfast is normally long done, the head maid, an elderly halfling woman named Bethana, goes and whips up a breakfast of sausage links, hashbrowns and eggs for their guests. When Zeratuu and Etoile arrive, she even sets out extra plates for them, remarking that a growing boy like Etoile should eat up.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile

"T-thank you." Etoile retorts with a blush at the misunderstanding.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aloisturm lets its companions eat for a while before making a mechanical coughing sound.

"I hope you are all adequately rested. A matter has come to my attention and I request your assistance in order to resolve it in a timely manner."

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aloisturm lets its companions eat for a while before making a mechanical coughing sound.

"I hope you are all adequately rested. A matter has come to my attention and I request your assistance in order to resolve it in a timely manner."
"Before or after we deal with the goblins?

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Specification required. Are you referring to the ones captured last night or the larger groups nearby?"

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Specification required. Are you referring to the ones captured last night or the larger groups nearby?"
"No, the ones who invited us for tea and crumpets." He says with an overly sarcastic tone, hoping the construct picked up on that

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Pause.

"I do not understand their tongue but it is unlikely that any goblins we've encountered so far have done such a thing. Specification is still required. The ones we captured can probably be interrogated first. The bands in the surrounding wilds are a larger issue I am not confident can be dealt with at present. Which were you referring to?"

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"The one we can deal with right now.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The construct shrugged.

"My knowledge of interrogation techniques is limited, but from their behavior last night I do not believe our prisoners will remain silent for long. If you and perhaps the Sheriff get to work, you may be done by the time preparations for departure are complete. Are you ready to hear of the matter now?"

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The construct shrugged.

"My knowledge of interrogation techniques is limited, but from their behavior last night I do not believe our prisoners will remain silent for long. If you and perhaps the Sheriff get to work, you may be done by the time preparations for departure are complete. Are you ready to hear of the matter now?"
Steven continues to eat his breakfast and down some water as he tries to speak

"We got time"

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 77