Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 77

Author Topic: Let’s Play Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords – Chapter 1: Burnt Offerings  (Read 88858 times)

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile

Not trusting himself to climb, Etoile nervously shifts as he remembers that he is in the graveyard.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 12:13:41 pm by apiks »
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile

Steven wheezes as he looks at the construct

"Give... *wheeze* Give me... *cough* a minute..."

Steven tosses the half used cigarette away before going down the ladder

"I should quit smoking... *hacking and coughing*"
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

"That would perhaps be wise." The construct looks at the ladder. "Query: Do you think this is how the Enemy got into the town last night?"
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"That would perhaps be wise." The construct looks at the ladder. "Query: Do you think this is how the Enemy got into the town last night?"
Catching his breath, Steven looks at Rusty and shakes his head.

"No, I... *wheeze* think someone put it here... *cough* to paint a mural for us." Steven says sarcastically after taking a couple deep breaths to fix his breathing

((Insert Bill Engvall saying "here's your sign" :P ))

"I don't see any other reason why it would be here. See any tracks?"

Survival check

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The construct just stared blankly at Steven for a moment before recognizing the sarcasm.

"Someone inside the town must have lowered the ladder for the Enemy to use. There is a traitor here."

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The construct just stared blankly at Steven for a moment before recognizing the sarcasm.

"Someone inside the town must have lowered the ladder for the Enemy to use. There is a traitor here."
"Considering it happened during the festival, most of the guards were either watching or participating during the events. I wouldn't be surprised if the guard outright abandoned his post.

Also, take note, Rusty."

He takes the ladder, pulls it up, and puts it down towards the opposite side of the wall, facing the outside of the town wall.

"Traitor? Someone could put the ladder up without anyone on the other side noticing. It isn't exactly the most clever way of getting in, but it does the trick."

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Survival check

((*roll* Survival 1d20 + 4 vs DC 14 : 13 Fail))

Looking around, Steven can see tracks near the ladder, but quickly loses track of them as they fade into the woods.

((I assume when you're fiddling with the ladder, you climbed back up to the top of the wall. Because I think you'd feel silly if you just shoved it up and over while you're still outside. :P))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((This is probably a long shot, but I want to get some idea of who made the ladder and when. That might be a Craft check but I reckon it could be almost anything.))

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((This is probably a long shot, but I want to get some idea of who made the ladder and when. That might be a Craft check but I reckon it could be almost anything.))

((*roll* 1d20 + 6 vs Craft DC 15 : 16 Succeed))

Aloisturm takes some time to analyze the ladder carefully. It is simply constructed, two long straight pieces of wood connected with wooden pegs inserted down the length of the wood at reasonable intervals for a human-sized creature. The joining points have been glued together, and then reinforced by rope wrapped around each point. The wood was roughly sanded to smooth out splinters. Analyzing the texture, the signs of weathering in the wood itself and the smoother polish of the center of the rungs indicate that this ladder is not new, and has seen considerable use in its existence.

Based on the information gleaned, Aloisturm comes to the following conclusions.

• The ladder was made for human-sized users
  • There is little chance it was crafted by goblins
  • It has been kept in good condition, something unlikely if it had been in possession of goblins for any length of time.
  • There are no obvious maker's marks.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aloisturm shares what it can tell from the ladder's make and condition.

"It is unlikely that the Enemy would have known of and made use of this ladder without inside assistance."

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Do you think the goblins used this or the necromancer?

I don't think they worked together; why send the goblin if your other minions are going to kill them on sight?"

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Yeeeees, just according as keikaku.

Honestly, this is all based on something like one line in some of the background for the GM. You guys are doing great at finding and piecing together the clues.))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I should have mentioned that when I said opposite of the wall, I meant I was taking it off the wall and putting it on our side to show anyone could have done it on this side))

Steven tries to figure out any details about the tracks. Human? Goblin? Rusty?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The construct pondered the question for a moment.

"Unclear. They may have been working together and one betrayed the other. Or they may be unconnected."

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile

((I'm going to take you up on the offer to switch one of my knowledge skills to another (Planes to History) if you don't mind. I'm not sure why I even picked the former to begin with.))

Etoile gets up the ladder and assuming he gets briefed on their thoughts and concerns does a few checks of his own.

History check on necromancer prevalence in the region and does a perception check next. He also asks Zeratuu to check out the tracks.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 77