Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 77

Author Topic: Let’s Play Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords – Chapter 1: Burnt Offerings  (Read 88870 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

Examine the sarcophagus.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The stone lid of the sarcophagus has been leaned against the one next to it, the edges have been scratched on both sides by nails. The lid is adorned with the holy symbol of Desna, and a simple inscription.

Here lies Ezakien Tobyn
Loving Father, Caring Priest
Lost in the Sandpoint Fire
He travels the stars now, at Her side

Wherever Father Tobyn's soul now resides, his mortal remains have been removed from the sarcophagus. Further, something catches Kal's eye - a robe or cloak of some kind lies in the corner, out of place in the otherwise orderly and clean mausoleum.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

((If I lost 7 HP and regained 6, how would that put me at full?))
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

Examine cloak.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((If I lost 7 HP and regained 6, how would that put me at full?))

((He cast Cure Light Wounds on you twice, and you regained 6 HP each time))

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Examine cloak.

Picking up the bundle of fabric, it turns out to be a plain, dark robe. Something about it makes Kal's senses itch, and he casts Detect Magic. A faint aura of necromatic magic lingers on the robes. Concentrating further, he recalls a tale his master had told him, more then a year ago. A creation often used by evil wizards and clerics who sought to control the dead. Named 'Robes of Bones', the wearer of these robes had a set of patches that corresponded with various sorts of undead. Pulling off a patch and dropping it on the ground would summon the undead monster that patch represented. All of the undead they had faced were ones that a Robe of Bones would create.

Judging by the fading aura of magic surrounding this particular robe, Kal guessed that it was fully expended in creating the undead used in the trap.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile

Steven searches for anything out of the ordinary
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Oops, I missed the double-healing. Thought I only got healed once >_< ))

Aloisturm stands guard, ready to smash any more pesky critters that show up.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Steven searches for anything out of the ordinary

((*roll* Perception 1d20 + 8 : 24))

Outside, Steven looks around and finds tracks leading to the masoleum, nearly obscured by the churned up ground of their fighting. Steven follows the tracks to the nearby wall

((*roll* Survival 1d20 + 4 : 5))

Unfortunately, he cannot manage to discern any further details. Seeing his interest, Zeratuu joins him in looking

((*roll* Survival 1d20 + 3 : 21))

Tugging at Steven's pants leg, Zeratuu points at the tracks with a claw, speaking to him in Dwarvern

[Dwarvern]"See here? And here and here? These footprints are smaller and closer together, while this one's strides are longer. They must have climbed the wall and walked to the mausoleum. They came back this way as well. I think there was one larger one and five or six goblins."

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile

Not wanting to stray from the group after such a fight, Etoile worriedly follows them into the mausoleum.

Perception check, survival check.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not wanting to stray from the group after such a fight, Etoile worriedly follows them into the mausoleum.

Perception check, survival check.

((*roll* Perception 1d20 + 7 : 20
*roll* Survival 1d20 + 2 : 7))

Etoile discovers through careful investigation that the floating fibers from the dissipating undead remains are a match for the robe that Kal is busy examining. He also notices the mud tracked in near the door, but is unable to determine how much was tracked in through previous visitors and how much through their own shoes and boots.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile

"[Dwarven] Let's go tell the others then"

Steven relays this to the others before trying to climb the wall
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aloisturm attempts to climb as well. It first disables its astral armor, allowing the construct to move unhindered.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile

Not one for Acrobatics, Etoile tries to see if there's a way to go around quickly.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Zeratuu

The kobold first moves to follow Steven, but seeing that Aloisturm is also attempting to climb the wall, she instead remains with Master Etoile, reasoning that no one should wander off alone currently. Sheriff Hemlock stays with Kal as he finishes investigating the robe.

Party

((*roll* Steven - Climb 1d20 + 2 : 8 Fail
*roll* Aloisturm -  Climb 1d20 + 8 : 28 Succeed))

Steven picks a well-maintained portion of the wall, where many of the stones are smooth and the mortar is still well packed, resulting in little progress. Aloisturm chooses the same portion, joints smoothly shifting as its armored plating relaxes, slinging its lucerne hammer over its shoulder next to the scythe, it jams its fingers through the mortar, making its own handholds as it smoothly climbs to the top. Steven follows after, making use of the newly made hand holds.

Meanwhile, down below Etoile and Zeratuu poke along the wall, but besides some overhanging branches from the forest that backs onto the wall that Zeratuu points out that goblins could have used to climb over, there are no entrances here from the graveyard to the outside.

Steven and Aloisturm perch on top of the wall, the human breathing hard and the construct barely having noticed the exertion. They also see something very out of place - a well-constructed ladder leaned against the wall, allowing easy access to within the town from the forest outside.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 77