Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 77

Author Topic: Let’s Play Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords – Chapter 1: Burnt Offerings  (Read 88845 times)

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
Re: Let’s Play Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords – Chapter 1: Burnt Offerings
« Reply #420 on: November 18, 2016, 10:32:51 am »

Etoile openly gaped at the luxurious inn and is pleasantly surprised by the lack of fighting, shouting or any other normally assumed to be done in an inn activitiy. As we entered the inn, Etoile took in the sight. Most of the patrons seemed subdued while servers stayed near the kitchen, ready for any orders anybody might have. Incidentially a very savoury smell was wafting from that direction, likely a culinary work.

One thing Etoile noticed was the second floor balconies. There were few people there and green curtains could be used if one wished for more privacy. This was probably where the higher class patrons stayed, avoiding mingling with the common rabble.

But Etoile's impressions did not end here. Tapestries were hung on the walls depicting various legends of the region, as well as the city emblem. The floor was made of polished wood, though surprisingly it looked as if it was one big plank, instead of many lined. He wondered whether this was for the practical value of cleaning, but most of all he wondered how it was fabricated. He'd have to quizz the hostess if he got the chance.

At the far end of the kitchen, a modest podium stood, now empty presumably because of the recent happenings. Remembering a few descriptive books regarding the architecture of grandness, Etoile noticed that the balconies were aligned in such a way that they were facing the podium, away from the kitchen. The choice for the kitchen to be at the other end was probably also a strategic one as it lets the servers dispense food and beverages without getting in the way of the view.

Overall it was hard for Etoile to imagine "The White Deer" being the better inn. Two inns of this caliber in this town? Then again the entertainment here is said to be better. Maybe the other one doesn't have a podium.

((I hope you don't mind me adding a bit of detail to the inn. If it gets in the way of your plans, then completely ignore this.))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: November 18, 2016, 11:31:54 am »

Steven takes a seat off to a corner where he can see everyone and takes a big swig of his flask.

It's been one of those days...
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: November 18, 2016, 11:35:05 am »

Not knowing what else to do, Aloisturm seats itself in the sturdiest-looking chair it can find. The chair creaks slightly as the construct sits at Steven's table but otherwise holds together.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: November 18, 2016, 11:36:58 pm »

Not knowing what else to do, Aloisturm seats itself in the sturdiest-looking chair it can find. The chair creaks slightly as the construct sits at Steven's table but otherwise holds together.
"Well, Rusty, it looks like we're heroes..."

He lights another cigarette after taking another swig of his flask, his hand still somehow steady downing quite a bit of alcohol in such a short time.

"What are you going to do with that under your belt?"

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: November 18, 2016, 11:52:19 pm »

Aloisturm nearly responds that it is not wearing a belt, but it quickly realizes that the human is speaking metaphorically.

"With some luck, their goodwill will make it easier to accomplish my current goal. It is otherwise irrelevant.

"Reciprocation: What is your response to being seen as a 'hero'?"

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: November 19, 2016, 11:15:38 am »

Aloisturm nearly responds that it is not wearing a belt, but it quickly realizes that the human is speaking metaphorically.

"With some luck, their goodwill will make it easier to accomplish my current goal. It is otherwise irrelevant.

"Reciprocation: What is your response to being seen as a 'hero'?"

((I think I've downed enough alcohol at this point to require an inebriation check))
Steven takes another, this time small drink from his flask before pondering and answering

"Always wanted to be one growing up.

Now?

I'm a mercenary and a drifter. I fight for a living and I've done things I'm not proud of. Although in title, that's what we are, I know I am no hero deep down.

All this does is make things harder on me."

Steven takes a drag of his cigarette as he puts his hat down on the table.

"So you pretty much know my story, what about you, Rusty?"

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: November 19, 2016, 12:01:33 pm »

Aloisturm thought about that for a moment. The meatbag's story was full of holes, but that was to be expected. Only a fool would share its whole life story at the metaphorical drop of a hat.
The construct suspected the man was an outlaw of some sort, but that did not concern it. Answering Steven's question, it responded:

"Unknown. My earliest accessible memory is waking up on Master Meatbag's workbench just days ago."

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: November 19, 2016, 12:27:41 pm »

Aloisturm thought about that for a moment. The meatbag's story was full of holes, but that was to be expected. Only a fool would share its whole life story at the metaphorical drop of a hat.
The construct suspected the man was an outlaw of some sort, but that did not concern it. Answering Steven's question, it responded:

"Unknown. My earliest accessible memory is waking up on Master Meatbag's workbench just days ago."
"With a name like that, I'm glad we didn't run in to him."

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: November 21, 2016, 02:37:26 am »

((I hope you don't mind me adding a bit of detail to the inn. If it gets in the way of your plans, then completely ignore this.))

((Nope, this is 100% alright with me. Especially in a play by post, people adding more description and color to the world is great!

Here's what the guide has to say about the inn:))

Spoiler: The Rusty Dragon (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 02:39:09 am by Hanzoku »

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: November 22, 2016, 04:55:02 am »

((I think I've downed enough alcohol at this point to require an inebriation check))

((Taking the big swig as two 'drinks' of alcohol and the small as one, then yes. I'll be following the rules here since they came up at the top of the list. Funny enough, being and staying at stage 1 is beneficial, I guess to support drunken master type characters.))

((*roll* 1d20 + 4 vs DC 15 : 14 Fail - Stage 1 inebriation, +2 str/dex/con for 3 hours, -2 on fort saves vs further inebriation from drinking, temporary bonus to con does not apply))

Steven feels a warm glow spread through his body from his stomach as he drinks, feeling tension start to leave him as he relaxes a little. The inn is quiet, patrons drinking away the tension of the attack and chatting quietly with close companions or sitting alone. Most of the staff busy helping outside or with their families, but one of the serving women comes over to inquire if they want anything to eat or drink, glancing pointedly at Steven's flask.

Zeratuu

Zeratuu comes in behind Etoile and stops in her tracks as she looks around the clanhall. It was amazing, what the humans had built, far more then her clan's modest hall had been. Wondering eyes take in the  tapestries, a cunning and beautiful method of preserving clan history and stories. At the same time, her nose took in the scents of humans, wood smoke from fires and... and... food. Savory food, spicy food, cooking meat, roasting vegetables, boiling potatoes. Her stomach gave a sudden lurch as it reminded her that the last thing she had to eat was a day ago, and the last thing she had in her mouth was goblin flesh.

The thought of waiting, that someone might actually give her food that wasn't Master Etoile never managed to cross her mind.The little kobold disappeared under the nearest table, and started hunting.

((*roll* Stealth 1d20 + 13 : 28))

Using her small size and the surroundings to her advantage, the little kobold sneaks into the kitchen with ease, slipping past distracted servants and busy cooks without a whisper of sound or a breath of displaced air.

((*roll*Sleight of Hand 1d20 + 9 : 23))

A few minutes later, Zeratuu returns to Etoile's side with two plates filled to the rim with delicious food of all sorts, and a drumstick clutched in her mouth, rotating slowly as she chews hungrily on the deliciously spiced fowl.

"Mph mmm mphh!" Whatever she meant to say was unintelligble, but the kobold beams around her drumstick as she raises one of the plates above her head for Master Etoile

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: November 22, 2016, 05:31:31 am »

Etoile's reverie had come to an end as a plate rose to the periphery of his sight. The little kobold seems to have managed to procure food.

"Oh, you bought some food? Thank you. Let's go sit down."

Etoile moves towards the two other companions at the table to sit down, having nothing better to do, keeping an eye for the inkeeper.

"Wait." thinks Etoile as he sits down. "Did Zeratuu have any money?"
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: November 22, 2016, 08:20:27 am »

Zeratuu hops onto a chair next to Rusty, and huffs in frustration as she realizes that if she sat down, she'd be looking under the table still. She remains standing as she shovels food into her maw at an alarming rate. After a few minutes, the plate is much reduced, and she slows down a little. After thinking for a moment, she shoves the plate towards Rusty to offer her companion a share of the bounty.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: November 22, 2016, 09:12:58 am »

Aloisturm looked at the kobold's offered plate and wondered whether it should firmly refuse, tactfully explain how it did not require sustenance, or just eat something to be polite.

Deciding that the little scaly thing's ferocity in battle made it worthy of at least a little respect, the construct selected an item at random and placed it in its "mouth": a hatch located roughly where a humanoid mouth would be and serving as the construct's olfactory sensor, allowing it to taste and smell.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: November 22, 2016, 12:45:41 pm »

Kal thanks Zeratuu in Draconic and takes some food, though with a fair suspicion of where the food had come from. Seeing her so happy, though, he felt little need to rebuke her. After all, so far she'd only eaten goblins....

Moving over to Steven, Kal sits nearby and starts inquiring about the magic he uses.

Was it a sorcerer or wizard who enchanted those sticks? It is a very strange magic...
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: November 22, 2016, 03:59:08 pm »

"I apologize, ma'am. It has been one of those days...

A bottle of mead and a hearty meal would be fine."

((I use this page for my games, but I don't use the rules very much

http://zyanya.wikidot.com/alcohol

DON'T DRINK THE SOMABERRY WINE))

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 77