Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 77

Author Topic: Let’s Play Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords – Chapter 1: Burnt Offerings  (Read 88765 times)

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Before I assume with this... do you mean behind in the direction of where the party is currently standing, or behind G2 and G3, in the alleyway?))

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

((Alley way))
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Well...hopefully they're dumb goblins :P))

Kal makes soothing motions for Etoile's benefit, then casts prestidigation to make a noise like a dog barking behind the goblins.

A faint, tinny-sounding barking comes from the alleyway between the town wall and the building next to it. Only the two closest goblins hear it.

((*roll* Will save 1d20 -1 : 0, 4))

Both of the goblins take the sound as real barking and move towards the alleyway, clutching their swords nervously. The other three goblins move closer to the trapped human, the rat monster snapping its teeth at the human to its rider's amusement.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

((All in favor of me charging the rat-mounted goblin? If I can catch it flat-footed it should be a relatively easy kill.))
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile

((Lemme cast bless and we're in business))

Etoile casts bless on the party before combat.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile

Steven readies his pistol and waits for the others
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Well, that didn't really work. Ah well.))

Kal shrugs again, then prepares to fire Acid at the nearest goblin once combat begins.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aloisturm, reasoning that the mounted goblin was some sort of leader (else the rest would probably have killed him and eaten the rat), readied itself for a charge with the possible-leader as the primary target.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aloisturm, reasoning that the mounted goblin was some sort of leader (else the rest would probably have killed him and eaten the rat), readied itself for a charge with the possible-leader as the primary target.

((Haha, gotta laugh to myself. I'm busy working on the post, been doing all the pre-combat rolls, I figure that the boss would survive a hit from Aloisturm.

Here's a teaser: the robot critted.))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((WELP :V ))

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I'm assuming the party held their actions until after Aloisturm made the first attack. The goblins are surprised and do not act in the surprise round - only 1 standard action/move is available, however.

Focused on their prey, or on the threat of the strange dog barking at them, the goblins fail to notice the party preparing for them. Etoile chants a prayer, and the warmth of his divine magic washes over the party. Aloisturm measures the distance and hefts its hammer. Unmoving target, maximum acceleration achieved at this point...

The construct breaks into a sprint, metallic feet hammering against the cobblestones of the street and raising sparks. The goblins facing the man start at the sound and begin to turn to face the new threat, but one of them fails to react fast enough.

((*roll* 1d20 + 9 vs Flat-Footed AC : 29 Threat
*roll* Confirmation 1d20 + 9 vs Flat-Footed AC : 14 Crit!
*roll* Damage 2d12 + 20 : 32))

The goblin dog yelps and goes tumbling as the hammer sweeps through the air above its back, hammering the goblin commando riding it so hard that the goblin flies clear out of the saddle and into the wall. It splatters messily across the stonework and the sound of horrified retching is heard from the alleyway.

Zeratuu

Zeratuu gags a little at the horrific violence the construct continues to inflict with every attack. If her stomach hadn't been so empty, she'd probably have joined Master Etoile by now. Still, there was nothing to be done, and the best thing she could do would be to support the construct before the goblins swarmed it. Clenching her hands, she broke into a charge at the nearest goblin and leapt for its exposed throat, maw opened wide

((Charge on G1
*roll* 1d20 + 6 vs Flat-Footed AC : 15 Hit
*roll* Damage 1d4 - 1 + 1d6 : 1 + 1 nonlethal))

Coming to her strength's end, her bite is weak and unfocused. Still, she manages to frighten the goblin and inflict some cuts and bruising as she gnaws at its neck with a crazed look in her eyes

((Initiative Tracker: Zeratuu, Steven, Goblin #3, Goblin #4, Aloisturm, Goblin Rat, Goblin #1, Kal, Goblin #2, Etoile))
((Buff Tracker: Bless (Everyone) (10 rounds remaining, +1 Morale bonus on attacks and fear saves) ))
((Health Tracker: Goblin Commando: Dead, Goblin Rat: Healthy, Prone, Goblin #1: Lightly Injured, Goblin #2: Healthy, Goblin #3: Healthy, Goblin #4: Healthy))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I appear to be missing on the initiative tracker.

I do not, however, appear to be missing in combat very often, which is pretty nice :3 ))

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Yeah, had seen and just fixed that. And you've been having a good run of luck with your rolls, not to mention your bonus for attacking two handed is causing the goblins to explode. Looking forward to when things start to have more hitdie, just so they live long enough to pose a threat to the party. :P ))

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I should have thought of Kal's ranged attack a bit more, I think. Still, things will be more fun with higher level spells.))
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Yeah, had seen and just fixed that. And you've been having a good run of luck with your rolls, not to mention your bonus for attacking two handed is causing the goblins to explode. Looking forward to when things start to have more hitdie, just so they live long enough to pose a threat to the party. :P ))
((When that happenes, I'll just have to wait for a scythe crit and laugh at the quad damage it inflicts :P
A bare minimum lucrene hammer crit does 22 damage, currently. A bare minimum scythe crit? 48, assuming my calculations aren't badly off. That'll shred just about anything with less than four hitdice, assuming I understand how hitdice work correctly.))

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 77