Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 77

Author Topic: Let’s Play Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords – Chapter 1: Burnt Offerings  (Read 88771 times)

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Probably so. I have a strong stomach and a good tolerance for blood and other bodily fluids, but Aloisturm has been going through those goblins like a wrecking ball.))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile

Etoile shows his gratitude towards Kal.

"Thank you. I think I'll be fine now."

A moment later when he hears Kal mention how well the spell worked, Etoile makes an off-handed reply without realizing.

"Yes, that was quite impressive. Especially when his massive bulk charged and... uh-oh."

Another round of retching.

((Like it or not, most of us would probably be doing this in real life, haha))
((I know the cleaner kills Steven does I could tolerate, but Hanzoku turned bloody mess on for crits (which would make me scream internally from watching that)))

Steven picks up the target guns and starts heading towards the shooting range (or what's left of it)

"These were taken from the shooting range. I'm going to go check on the owner; the last thing goblins need is more gunpowder."

« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 10:05:51 am by highmax28 »
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I'll tone it down if its grossing people out. I was at a medieval festival this summer where I saw a demonstration of what a knight with a warhammer does against a watermelon 'head'. Then I multiply it up to a large size weapon. >_>))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile

((Oh, no. I'm fine with it. I'm just roleplaying how I think a normal person like Etoile would react. It appears that every person in the party except Etoile has real battle experience in comparison to him who is being shocked by what he is witnessing.))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I'll tone it down if its grossing people out. I was at a medieval festival this summer where I saw a demonstration of what a knight with a warhammer does against a watermelon 'head'. Then I multiply it up to a large size weapon. >_>))
((I'm personally ok with the flair. It was mostly saying me as a person in RL would probably vomit when I see something like that happen.))

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kal searches the sorcerer. Might be something useful on it. Before he does so, he (once again) comforts Etoile.

Kal finds a bag of shiny trash on the sorcerer's belt. Mixed in among metal scrap and shiny (but worthless) stones is a mix of gold, silver and copper coins. Some quick calculation says he's found 20 gold in currency.

Meanwhile, Zeratuu finishes tinkering with the lock as it clicks open. The vegepygmies rush out, patting her on the shoulder as they go with clicks and chirps. They quickly swarm over the goblin remains, grabbing their crude weapons. One of them tugs Kal's leg and offers up a potion bottle that had somehow survived the warchanter's death before the vegepygmies swarm off.

Zeratuu tugs on Etoile's sleeve as Steven gathers up the target guns and points towards the cathedral, where Father Zantus, a breastplate strapped across his chest over his ceramonial robes and a mace and shield clutched in his hands comes rushing over, puffing for breath.

"Sweet Desna, what a mess!" he says, going a bit pale as he looks at the brutally executed goblin corpses scattered around the group. the magic effect on Aloisturm takes this moment to wear off, and the construct shrinks to a more normal size. He eyes the group critically for wounds and looks pleased to see everyone in good health. His gaze pauses at the construct and the kobold, who tries to step further behind Etoile. "Well... I'm guessing you're the lot who caused the trouble with that distasteful menagerie earlier, hm? I can't say that I'm all too displeased, at that."

He gestures to the square, which is silent now, the corpses of goblins scattered where the group has fought two bands of them, and a few others here and there. "Thanks to you among others, we're managing this raid. Most of their warsingers are down or have run out of magic, and without their courage being bolstered, I think they'll run soon. All the same-"

From the east, a panicked scream is heard, and the frantic barking of a deep-voiced dog. At the same time, two men enter the square from the south, supporting another man with his arms slung over their shoulders. Blood is leaking heavily from his side, and he looks waxy and pale. Father Zantus looks frustrated. "I can't be in two places at once... please, go and see what's going on, I'll help that poor fellow."

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kal searches the sorcerer. Might be something useful on it. Before he does so, he (once again) comforts Etoile.

Kal finds a bag of shiny trash on the sorcerer's belt. Mixed in among metal scrap and shiny (but worthless) stones is a mix of gold, silver and copper coins. Some quick calculation says he's found 20 gold in currency.

Meanwhile, Zeratuu finishes tinkering with the lock as it clicks open. The vegepygmies rush out, patting her on the shoulder as they go with clicks and chirps. They quickly swarm over the goblin remains, grabbing their crude weapons. One of them tugs Kal's leg and offers up a potion bottle that had somehow survived the warchanter's death before the vegepygmies swarm off.

Zeratuu tugs on Etoile's sleeve as Steven gathers up the target guns and points towards the cathedral, where Father Zantus, a breastplate strapped across his chest over his ceramonial robes and a mace and shield clutched in his hands comes rushing over, puffing for breath.

"Sweet Desna, what a mess!" he says, going a bit pale as he looks at the brutally executed goblin corpses scattered around the group. the magic effect on Aloisturm takes this moment to wear off, and the construct shrinks to a more normal size. He eyes the group critically for wounds and looks pleased to see everyone in good health. His gaze pauses at the construct and the kobold, who tries to step further behind Etoile. "Well... I'm guessing you're the lot who caused the trouble with that distasteful menagerie earlier, hm? I can't say that I'm all too displeased, at that."

He gestures to the square, which is silent now, the corpses of goblins scattered where the group has fought two bands of them, and a few others here and there. "Thanks to you among others, we're managing this raid. Most of their warsingers are down or have run out of magic, and without their courage being bolstered, I think they'll run soon. All the same-"

From the east, a panicked scream is heard, and the frantic barking of a deep-voiced dog. At the same time, two men enter the square from the south, supporting another man with his arms slung over their shoulders. Blood is leaking heavily from his side, and he looks waxy and pale. Father Zantus looks frustrated. "I can't be in two places at once... please, go and see what's going on, I'll help that poor fellow."
Steven finishes gathering the guns and nods, following the scream

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

Kal frowns at the retreating Gunslinger's back, then shrugs and follows. He looks over the vial to see if he knows what the contents are. He claps the Father on the shoulder as he passes and tells him that he is doing worthy work.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Etoile mutters a prayer and thanks to Father Zantus before taking the kobold's hand and leading her with the rest of the group, protectively.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Aloisturm follows along, acting entirely unconcerned with its hammer slung over its shoulders.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kal frowns at the retreating Gunslinger's back, then shrugs and follows. He looks over the vial to see if he knows what the contents are. He claps the Father on the shoulder as he passes and tells him that he is doing worthy work.

((*roll* Perception 1d20 + 2 vs DC 16 : 3))

The faintly glowing liquid in the bottle is a complete mystery to Kal. It looks like its meant to be drunk, but what effect it would cause escapes him. Maybe with a bit more time, he can use his magical abilities to figure out the properties of the liquid more clearly.

Etoile mutters a prayer and thanks to Father Zantus before taking the kobold's hand and leading her with the rest of the group, protectively.

The kobold's hand is surprisingly warm, the scales covering her hand soft and fine, reminding Etoile of a snakeskin glove more then the hard scales of a lizard. The kobold, coming up to his waist, twists and turns, looking around at everything with attentive curiosity.

Zeratuu

Master Etoile takes her hand and leads her along with the rest of the group. She had not understood the pinkskin in the robes, but he didn't seem angry with her. Her short legs work twice as hard to keep pace with Etoile's steps, and she keeps a careful eye out for more goblins, prepared to protect her charge in an instant.

The Group

As the group follows the road at a swift pace, they see a few scattered goblin corpses. Streaks of blood lead into houses here and there pointing to the wounded being brought to safety. One house has the door hacked open, but a human form lurks within, spear at the ready. He raises a hand in greeting as they pass, but makes no move to follow, focused on protecting his home and family.

The dog's barking becomes more frantic and is punctuated by yelps of pain and trails into silence as they approach the eastern gate. Coming around the corner, they see a goblin mounted on a horrifying rat-faced monster, pumping a blood-dripping halbard in the air as it roars in triumph. A hunting dog lies dead at the rat creature's feet, and it starts sniffling at the fresh kill hungrily. Goblins are coming around corners and from behind crates, where they had been frightened by the dog.

Near the gate, the party can see a flash of movement. A man dressed in fine clothing is cowering behind a water barrel, screaming for help.

The goblins are distracted by the man, as they begin to gather, cruel glee on their faces. It would be easy to surprise them - what do you do?

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Etoile's eyes go wide and he frantically starts pointing towards the goblins and the man to his comrades without making a noise. By the time anybody does anything his hand will have whipped itself at least ten times, Etoile now worrying about being heard from his frantic reaction.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Can prestidigation be used to make noise?))
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Hm. Reading the spell... not really. Ghost Sound would do more what you're looking for, and Prestidigation isn't allowed to replicate other spell effects. That said, I'd say you can use it to make a noise, but it's going to sound artificial.))

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Well...hopefully they're dumb goblins :P))

Kal makes soothing motions for Etoile's benefit, then casts prestidigation to make a noise like a dog barking behind the goblins.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 77