Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 77

Author Topic: Let’s Play Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords – Chapter 1: Burnt Offerings  (Read 88734 times)

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Startled at her yelp, he immediately runs next to her and casts Heal Light Wounds. Etoile then proceeds to try and look intimidating to the goblin so he is attacked, making his best moking face.

((Was looking over your sheet, and I saw your speed is off - in scale mail, you have a maximum movement of 20', which puts you one square short. On the positive side, I saw that the sheet wasn't taking into account Sidestep Secret, so you should have an AC of 20 instead of 18, given the maximum Dex (or in this case, Cha) bonus of your armor.))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile

((Aw schmucks. I knew something was off. I'll change my action then))

Startled at her yelp, he immediately starts moving towards her and casts bless when the most amount of party members will be affected. Etoile then proceeda to gaze angrily into the goblin who had hurt the kobold.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Aw schmucks. I knew something was off. I'll change my action then))

Startled at her yelp, he immediately starts moving towards her and casts bless when the most amount of party members will be affected. Etoile then proceeda to gaze angrily into the goblin who had hurt the kobold.

((Mithril armor for the win, once you have the money for it. All the defense, and treated as light armor for movement speeds. Bless has some pretty good range, so I figured you'd move as close as possible to Aloisturm and Zeratuu. You still cover pretty much the whole battlefield.))

Etoile casts the spell, and his allies feel a sense of certainty fill them, a gentle guidance to their blows and the knowledge that the divine protects.

He also gives his best angry grimace at the goblins, hoping to frighten them.

((*roll* Intimidate 1d20 + 1 : 3))

In a certain sense, he fails miserably, not naturally being an angry or intimidating man. However, in another sense he succeeded admirably, as the goblins, drawn to tormenting those weaker then them focus their attentions on the hapless boy they see.

((Sorry, couldn't let the :V face go. And you even rolled low when you needed to! >_>))

Goblin Looter
Hooting with evil laughter, the creature points its gun at Etoile and pulled the trigger, not taking much effort to aim, being more concerned with the loud noise it was making.

((*roll* Ranged Attack 20', 1d20 - 3 vs AC 20 : 3 Miss))

The shot sails harmlessly overhead, and the goblin pouts as it drops the gun in its hands and pulls another one from its back

Goblin Warchanter

The warchanter produces a tiny pie and splats it against the side of the sorcerer's head and points at Aloisturm, attempting to magically compel it to find this amusing.

((*roll* Will save 1d20 + 1 vs DC 12 : 20))

Aloisturm looks in contempt at the meatbag and its antics.

Goblin Sorcerer

Grinning at the longshanks who seems concerned with the scaly beast, the sorcerer moves closer and conjures a ball of lava, which he hurls at the scaly creature, screeching in goblin

[Goblin]"I prefer my meat well done!"

((*roll* Ranged Touch 1d20 + 3 vs Touch AC 16 : 12 Miss))

The ball  lands short, skidding past the goblin in front of Zeratuu. The kobold stops it with her foot before kicking it to the side and wiggling her toes as she appreciates the warmth.

((Initiative Tracker: Aloisturm, Zeratuu, TorchGoblin#2, Etoile, Goblin Looter, Goblin Warchanter, Goblin Sorcerer, Kal, Steven))
((Buff Tracker: Bless (10 rounds remaining, +1 Morale bonus on attacks and fear saves)
((Health Tracker: TorchGoblin#1: Dead, TorchGoblin#2: Healthy, Goblin Looter: Healthy, Goblin Warchanter: Healthy, Goblin Sorcerer: Healthy))
[/quote]
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 05:13:49 am by Hanzoku »

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile

((I was adding the face for flavour reasons, really, I didn't mean I wanted to do an intimidate check, since, ya know, I thought that requires a standard move by itself.

I do suppose it doesn't matter since he spectacularly failed, haha))

Etoile looks at the Goblin Sorcerer and starts making strange faces at him, not sure on which one to stay, his face contorting multiple times, one with lowered eyebrows, another with a poor imitation of baring his fangs, another with his eyes wide open bearing into the Goblin, another with a lot of huffing and puffing. They just keep changing, Etoile wondering on which to use.

He would've grown frustrated and brought to tears at his failed attempts of intimidation if not for the Sorcerer taking aim at Zeratuu with that terrifying ball of fire.

((Edit: I fixed the speed proper now. Good catch there, Hanzoku.))
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 06:41:17 am by apiks »
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Intimidate with the purpose of inflicting a debuff is a standard action. However, I see bluff/diplomacy/intimidate in combat as a free action (like talking) and a method of influencing aggro, to borrow a MMO term. Some monsters have a small combat tactics section, others are all up to the DM to figure out how they'd behave. The way I see it, a successful skill usage can cause an enemy to fight differently. Now this is also influenced by the actual mechanics. If the monster wants to debuff someone, it's going to pay attention to the one who just pulped someone in one hit (Aloisturm. :P) instead of the others who haven't done anything of note. Even if Aloisturm tries to make itself less scary, its actions also weigh into the calculations. Monsters also fight differently depending on what they are. Wolves will try to attack someone away from the group and work together. Goblins are chaotic and random, so you won't see a coordinated assault on one character except by bad luck. Veteran orc troops, on the other hand, would try to tie up Aloisturm while archers pepper the guy without armor hanging out in the back.

But yeah, to summarize: Skill usage and how you present your character acting will be taken into account when its the enemy's turn.))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

((I know I basically rocked my Will save, but for future reference half-constructs like myself get +2 against mind-altering effects which is what I assume the mage was trying to use.))
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I know I basically rocked my Will save, but for future reference half-constructs like myself get +2 against mind-altering effects which is what I assume the mage was trying to use.))

((Thanks, missed that. And yeah, it was mind affecting. Still would have been funny to get Aloisturm's reaction after if it had worked. :P))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

((If it had been a fear effect, the bonus would have been +4. Forgeborn don't scare easily.

Not sure how I would have portrayed a robot with the giggles, come to think of it :P ))
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile

((If it had been a fear effect, the bonus would have been +4. Forgeborn don't scare easily.

Not sure how I would have portrayed a robot with the giggles, come to think of it :P ))
(( <initiate laugh sequence> Ha. Ha. Ha. <end laugh sequence>
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((PLEASE MAKE THIS UNCEASING MERRIMENT STOP. MY MECHANICAL SIDES CANNOT HANDLE THIS AND ARE LITERALLY SPLITTING.))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((PLEASE MAKE THIS UNCEASING MERRIMENT STOP. MY MECHANICAL SIDES CANNOT HANDLE THIS AND ARE LITERALLY SPLITTING.))
((I'm wondering how a warforged in 5e would react to Tasha's Hideous Laughter))

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

((Is there anywhere I can go to colour spray without those stupid meat-shield allies getting in the way? :P))
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I looked for the best way to do it and you can only hit two goblins without risking hitting allies))

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

Move diagonally to get in range, then cast Colour Spray on the nearest creatures.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Hm, taking movement and the burst effect, I'm only seeing that you can hit the goblin sorcerer.

The 15' cone has a form of either

Koooo
oxxxo
oxxoo
oxooo

or

ooooo
ooxxo
Kxxxo
ooxxo
ooooo

According to these examples.

Given 30' of movement, I don't see any way you can get closer and hit more targets. Is hitting the sorcerer only acceptable?))
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 77