Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 77

Author Topic: Let’s Play Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords – Chapter 1: Burnt Offerings  (Read 88689 times)

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let’s Play Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords – Chapter 1: Burnt Offerings
« Reply #105 on: September 15, 2016, 07:45:53 am »

((You've a flair for writing fluff, Hanz.))

((Thanks! I'm pretty decent if I have a writing prompt. The Swallowtail Release is a thing, I just expanded on the short concept for the ceremony.))

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 15, 2016, 08:20:37 am »

Kal looks from the dragon-thing to the young man, and his stern face relaxes. Smiling, he lowers his spear.

It seems you are a good man, after all. Our friend over here trusts you, so I'm guessing you freed her.

Stooping to look at the collar, he nods. Some form of tracking device, I suppose? That gnome was certainly following you somehow.

((I've never tried to deactivate/remove something before. I'm guessing I can't without Disable Device, but would using Detect Magic to find the properties of the item through a spellcrafter check reveal a way to unlock/deactivate it? If so, then:))
This may take a bit....so please be prepared to take action

Kal reaches out a hand and half closes his eyes. He casts detect magic, hoping to find a magical way of opening the collar.

((If it doesn't work like that:))

Kal frowns, and mutters to himself. He can't think of any way to help, but as they walk (as he swiftly got them to continue walking) he tells them of a sorcerer his master told him of in this city, who may be able to assist them. He attempts to guide them to Niska Mvashti.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 15, 2016, 08:40:24 am »

Steven puts a hand in his duster to rest his hand on his pistol as he approaches, using his other hand to smoke. He approaches the group

"I suggest you keep moving, gentlemen. You're not exactly safe staying in one spot."
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 15, 2016, 08:40:45 am »

((*readreadresearch* Yes, you can use Detect Magic and Spellcraft together to identify the properties of an item, DC is 15 + item's caster level, repeatable once per day.))

((*roll*: 1d20 + 6 vs ? (Spellcraft) : 26))

Kal casts Detect Magic, and the runes on the collar light up in response, visible to anyone looking. He gazes at them and handles the collar gently, looking at it from all sides. He quickly determines that the collar itself is not magical, only the arcane mark repeated on it are. Further, he extrapolates that these Arcane Marks are used to make the collar unique for whatever spells are used to find it. Removing them would require an Erase spell, but altering the collar may be enough to fool the tracking spell.

((*roll* 1d20 + 2 vs ? (Perception) : 9))

As far as he can see, the collar is a single piece of metal. Whatever latch or lock is built into it, it was done very subtly.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 15, 2016, 08:43:19 am »

Etoile wipes the sweat from his forehead at the congregation of people.

"Why don't we find the locksmith?"
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 15, 2016, 08:47:45 am »

Etoile wipes the sweat from his forehead at the congregation of people.

"Why don't we find the locksmith?"
"I don't think where is what matters. Now if you don't want to find yourself killed by the former captors of this beast, you should start walking."

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 15, 2016, 08:52:00 am »

Etoile thinks twice about saying anything too the scary guy with the cigarette who appears to want to help and in the end does manage to muster the courage to.

"Ummm, it's important because they won't stop searching for us with that collar on, sir. But we're searching in all cases so let's move."

The group moves away from those that is searching for them while they try to find either the locksmith or sorcereress, whoever they find first or is closer.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 08:55:29 am by apiks »
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 15, 2016, 09:04:41 am »

Zeratuu looks a little stunned at her reversal of fortunes. That morning, she was in danger of being bitten by a raging owlbear and on display for the amusement of peasants. Now, for some reason three different strangers had all decided to take pity on her situation and were actively working to help her stay free and ensuring that the hateful collar was removed from her neck.

Lost in thought, she ran into into the back of Etoile's legs as he stopped dead. At her side, Kal tensed up, and behind them Steven exhaled a cloud of smoke in resignation.

"Oi, you found them! Good on ye!" a thug said as he rounded the corner behind them, mistaking Steven as a fellow hunter. Two more step into the other end of the street, one holding a short sword, the other holding a club at the ready. "They didn't say no nothing about a second person stealing the scaly bugger." the one with a club observes. The leader draws two daggers and shrugs philosophically. "Clients, what can you do? Here, you two, tell you want. Give us the scaly bastard and we let you go. You don't get hurt, we get ourselves a nice payday, everyone wins."

"That there thing doesn't win." the sword wielder points out, but the leader gestures dismissivly with a dagger. "Eh, not like kobolds are people."

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 15, 2016, 09:07:35 am »

Kal had lowered his spear to the Gunslinger, but seems to acknowledge his genuine concern when he does not harm the naive Etoile who approached him. Despite it going against his nature, he decides to trust the man when the thugs appear.

((Edited because too much happened.))
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 09:13:39 am by Th4DwArfY1 »
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 15, 2016, 09:07:44 am »

Zeratuu looks a little stunned at her reversal of fortunes. That morning, she was in danger of being bitten by a raging owlbear and on display for the amusement of peasants. Now, for some reason three different strangers had all decided to take pity on her situation and were actively working to help her stay free and ensuring that the hateful collar was removed from her neck.

Lost in thought, she ran into into the back of Etoile's legs as he stopped dead. At her side, Kal tensed up, and behind them Steven exhaled a cloud of smoke in resignation.

"Oi, you found them! Good on ye!" a thug said as he rounded the corner behind them, mistaking Steven as a fellow hunter. Two more step into the other end of the street, one holding a short sword, the other holding a club at the ready. "They didn't say no nothing about a second person stealing the scaly bugger." the one with a club observes. The leader draws two daggers and shrugs philosophically. "Clients, what can you do? Here, you two, tell you want. Give us the scaly bastard and we let you go. You don't get hurt, we get ourselves a nice payday, everyone wins."

"That there thing doesn't win." the sword wielder points out, but the leader gestures dismissivly with a dagger. "Eh, not like kobolds are people."
Steven pulls out his pistol and points it at the leader

"Back off. This MY mark. And I don't like sharing."

Intimidate check

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 15, 2016, 09:17:54 am »

((What is Widdershins getting up to during all of this?))
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 15, 2016, 09:36:46 am »

Etoile perspires some more during all of this, his curse useless when ib hi center of the situation. He does a perception check while they're talking.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 15, 2016, 10:41:22 am »

((What is Widdershins getting up to during all of this?))

Widdershins is having the time of his life. 'His' construct won both challenges by a mile, and everyone is gathered to congratulate him and admire Aloisturm. With his steady drinking, and past experience, Aloisturm estimates he will be rendered nonfunctional within an hour. At that point, the forgeborn could probably do what it wanted, within reason

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 15, 2016, 03:17:10 pm »

Steven pulls out his pistol and points it at the leader

"Back off. This MY mark. And I don't like sharing."

Intimidate check

((*roll* Intimidate 1d20 + 7 +2 : 25 vs ?))

Sweat breaks out on the thug's face as he recognizes Steven from his shooting performance earlier, and he carefully slides his knives back into their sheaths, displaying open hands as he slowly backs away. "You know what, you're right, you found them fair and square, mate. No harm done, yes? Good on ya and all..." He breaks off as he reaches the corner and runs for it, his two companions making breaks for it as well. They're gone, but likely to return if they findnthe courage and enough friends.

((He managed to retain control of his bladder... Barely. ))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 15, 2016, 03:20:04 pm »

Etoile covers a bit from the gunslinger's display, making another wheezing sound.

"Hiiiiiiiiii!!"
Founder of Teh LOLmod
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 77