Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 77

Author Topic: Let’s Play Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords – Chapter 1: Burnt Offerings  (Read 88739 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile

Steven thanks Dexter for his generosity and apologizes he can't stay to chat.

As he heads out, Steven unloads his current shot and replaces it with a blank and heads to the jailhouse
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 07:42:10 am by highmax28 »
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aloisturm, Etoile and Zeratuu
When the trio arrives at the forge, they find the smith hard at work, though he has tired, bloodshot eyes, his work continues at an unflagging pace. When he sees the group, he grunts and lays the scythe blade he is working on back on the coals to heat. "So, glad to see you're punctual this time." he says, looking over the kobold and the slender young man with a derisive snort. "Are you planning on doing all the digging yourself? The boy looks like he'd blow away in a strong breeze, and the little lizard probably can't even lift a shovel!"

Steven
Sheriff Hemlock and the scarred man greet him when he arrives at the jail section of the garrison and lead him down a flight of stairs. The jail is small and tidy, if dimly lit. The cells closest to the door stand open, and a man in simple clothes is cleaning the floor and muttering to himself. "Drunk tanks, anyone who's too drunk to go home sleeps it off in there." the scarred man explains. In the cell furthest from the door huddles the four goblins the adventurers had picked up. "You're welcome to see if you can get some information out of them. Otherwise, we'll ask in Father Zantus. He has ways of... compelling truthfulness that we can combine with... less savory methods." Sheriff Hemlock explains, pitching some of the words significantly for the goblins to begin the process.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I was hoping the others would have arrived by now, but I guess I can start without them.

Steven walks up the cell with his hat lowered, giving a dark stare at the goblins before he speaks. His voice is stern and grim.

Spoiler: Goblin (click to show/hide)

Intimidate check

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((*roll* Intimidate 1d20 + 12 (+14) vs DC 20 : 25, 22, 23, (19)))

The threat is effective, three of the goblins trembling in fear as they are menaced in turn by the barrel of the gun. The last barely holds to its courage, perhaps out of shame for fainting the night before.

Two of the four were involved in the attack on Sandpoint and managed to escape after the adventurers turned the tide. They never saw anyone beyond their own tribal chieftians, but their orders were simple - once inside the town, they were to kill everyone and burn it to the ground.

The third saw the longshanks and his squad at a distance. However, all he knows is that the longshanks was a short knife-ears and carried a bow. When one of the goblins got out of line, he felled it with one lightning-swift punch.

Belor quietly notes to Steven that by clothing and coloration, there are three tribes represented in the room, Birdcruncher, Mosswood and Thistletop.

The fourth goblin, of the Thistletop clan has been rocking back and forth in prayer as his fellows spilled their guts. Suddenly his eyes snap open, eyes rolled back to show yellowish whites as he stares blindly at Steven.

[Goblin]"We do the work of Grandmother Nightmare, longshanks! The tribes gather, the wardrums beat, and we are close to her chosen! When Malfeshnekor is freed from his prison, his endless hunger will swallow all of you!" He begins shrieking and clawing at his face, blood streaming down his features. "He hungers! He has been trapped for so long! His hunger consumes even him! All will perish, all must feed the champion of the Mother of Beasts!"

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

((Oh dear. Sounds like a Chaos Cult if you ask me. Does anyone have any Inquisitor levels?))
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Steven holds back his concerned and mildly disturbed look as he turns to the others.

"What do you take from all of this?"

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Inside the cell, the other goblins, disturbed by his ranting, are taking care of their religious comrade by beating him unconscious. In their casually cruel way, they seem to be enjoying taking turns kicking him in the head.

Sheriff Hemlock glances at the commotion and then ignores it to talk to Steven.
"This is very concerning. There are five tribes of goblins in the region, and they tend to spend most of their time fighting each other. That they're managing to work together is a worrying sign - either some goblin has actually managed to unify the tribes, or someone or a group of someones has done so. I'm not too concerned about the ladder - it could just as easily have been stolen from a farm as it could have come from the city, and if there are humans working with or controlling the goblins, one of them could have been involved.

Either way, I need to talk to the Mayor about this. We have an ally - a ranger who watches over the surrounding area. We can send a message to her and get her take on this. It might take a day or two before she arrives, so for now, you're free to go. I'll make sure to contact you when she arrives - you all have been doing an excellent job in keeping down the chaos they're trying to cause, and I'd like to have your help in continuing to do so."

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I'll let the others know. I'm sure you'll find us easily; it's hard to not find a walking suit of iron."

Go find the others

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((OK, I've taken a look at Path of War, and I'm fine if people want to use it, with the standard caveat - you're going to run into enemies who use it as well.))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Nice.))

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

With Aloisturm carrying a bag full of excavation tools and the group reunited, they arrive at the dock, where the rowboat is waiting for them, a young man passing time mending a fishing net while he waits for them. He eyes the group critically, and then the boat.

"Huh, old Das wasn't lying about how big you are. I'm Sebastian. He said you were going to look at the Carver's old place. It's just on the island there in the bay. There used to be a bridge from the cliff face to the top of the island, but with the Chopper and all, no one bothered to maintain it and it broke one winter. I can land you at the beach at the foot of the island. You'll have to do some climbing, but if you look around the ruins of the bridge, there should be handholds carved into the rock from when the bridge was first put up."

It's only a short trip across the water, a few minutes each way. He takes the group in two goes and once everyone is on the beach, he calls out from his boat "Once you're done, just wave, someone will come across to bring you back."

The island is a craggy cliff that looms out of the water. Erosion has created the beach you are standing on, and the stone face of the cliff looms above you.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((assume I told people about the goblins when I got back))

"Quite the place for a madman to be. Remind me what we're looking for in the tunnels."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"According to the smith, it is a doll resembling a red dog. Apparently it was in his offspring's possession when this 'Chopper' took him here. We may also find the child's body, if we are lucky."

Aloisturm hefts a pickaxe, eager to get to work.

"Let us begin. The sooner we finish, the sooner we can deal with the goblin problem."

Climb the cliff! At the top, tie off a rope and lower it for the rest to use if needed.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Are you climbing where you are standing, or looking for an easier route first?))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Oh, I suppose I should look around for an easier route. Purely for the benefit of the squishies, of course :P ))

On second thought, look around. Try to find the ruins of the bridge and the handholds that are supposed to be there.

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 77