Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 77

Author Topic: Let’s Play Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords – Chapter 1: Burnt Offerings  (Read 88664 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Re: Let’s Play Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords – Chapter 1: Burnt Offerings
« Reply #75 on: September 13, 2016, 09:15:26 pm »

((No disable device here, either.

On the bright side, I can repair just about anything from level 1 (useful if your gun breaks) and once we hit level 5 I can gain the ability to craft all sorts of magical/psionic goodies.))
((I can fix my own gun with a deed. I'm also pretty sure I can make guns once I get the money. I'm hoping later I can get a revolver so I don't have to pull a Reaper and throw my guns on the ground to use TWF))
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 14, 2016, 01:40:02 am »

((Gotta say, I love how on the ball you guys are. I've thought out five different ways to handle the collar, its going to be interesting to see what you end up doing.))
((I'm guessing me shooting the lock off at level 3 is a sixth last resort option))

((Good luck explaining that to the kobold. "Oh, don't worry, I'll just shoot at your neck. It won't hurt a bit, promise I won't miss, tehee."))

((That's... about how that conversation went in my head as well. I should probably describe the collar - it's a simple metal band without an obvious opening or lock. A lock does exist, but it's pretty complex. Also, if you fail to blast the lock, it makes it much harder to open (and probably results in the collar jamming into Zeratuu's neck in a very uncomfortable fashion. :P

Zeratuu *does* have disable device, but lacks tools and can't really see what she'd be working on.))

You should indeed be able to later make advanced firearms, but they're otherwise very rare in the world - you'd basically be making one of the first prototype revolvers in the world.))

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 14, 2016, 04:08:25 am »

Etoile, Zeratuu and Kal Templux

Zeratuu touches the collar, a sick look on her face while Etoile rushes to gather up his notes and possessions. ”Always knew where this one was. Hid in wagon under grain, found Zeratuu. Ran into forest and hid in log, found Zeratuu. Hid in rafters in family house, found Zeratuu. Never knew why Zeratuu so bad at hiding. Evil-evil gnome cheat with magic, yes he does.”

As the two leave, Kal, walking by, sees a flash of copper scales on the arm of the shorter figure as it adjusts its cloak, hood turning back and forth as it looks around carefully. The two head down the street in the opposite direction. Only a minute later, a scowling dwarf and a gnome in robes come closer, the gnome muttering incantations to himself while holding a dowsing rod in his hands. He breaks his mutterings for a moment to talk crossly to the dwarf. “It’s still going that way. We’d better find it soon though, I can’t keep this up all day.”

((Etoile knows that Volioker Briskalberd, a dwarf, is the town locksmith. He knows where his ship is located, though it’s a good question if he’s there on a festival day.))

Steven Westiron

The two of you take up the first practice muskets and sight on your targets in unison. The crowd watches closely as you each take aim with care.

((*roll*: 1d20 + 6 – 4 vs Armor AC : 22 Crit
*roll*: 1d20 + 6 – 4 vs Armor AC (Crit Confirmation) :  8 *fail*
*roll*: 1d4 (damage) : 3))

((*roll*: 1d20 + 6 – 4 vs Armor AC : 18
*roll*: 1d4 (damage) : 3))

((*roll*: 1d20 + 6 – 4 vs Armor AC : 21
*roll*: 1d4 (damage) : 2))

Each hit is solidly in the inner rings, but there are no bullseyes yet.

Meanwhile, Dexter is taking his own shots, but his aim is poor. The first thuds home in the outer rings, and the next two miss the target entirely. There is some jeers and laughter from the crowd as he puts down the last musket with a sigh.

“Wilhelmina… she was a crack shot like you, sir. Certainly wouldn’t have embarrassed herself like that, I tell you! My poor shooting aside, I congratulate you on a fine display.”

Dexter offers Steven his hand to shake, and hands him a pouch containing 50g. “The prize for winning the shooting competition.” He explains.

((From the top range to the bottom range. After his first shot hits with a 16, his next two rolls were a 3 and a 1.))

Aloisturm

Widdershins is giggling happily to himself as the two of you walk away from the marshal arts exhibit. “Excellent, excellent! Well done, Aloisturm! I didn’t exp- I mean, I don’t think anyone expected you to dominate those competitions so thoroughly!”

He pats his bulging belt pouch smugly. “Sadly, I think that was the end of my little side bets. Tales of you will be everywhere, and I doubt anyone is going to be so eager to take me up on a little bet now. Hm hm hm…. Tomorrow, we’ll visit the House of Blue Stones and I can claim my prize, yes yes…”

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 14, 2016, 05:34:23 am »

Kal looks at the strange procession with curiosity, then decides to follow. That flash of scales settles it in his mind as he walks quickly to catch up. This, combined with the earlier accounts of an escaped beast... well, if there were any way to learn about his ancestry, this may be it.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 05:37:58 am by Th4DwArfY1 »
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 14, 2016, 07:50:01 am »

((I'm surprised he didn't blow himself up with rolling a 1. Still, I'm happy, I have money to get more shots now))

Steven tips his hat in respect as he's handed the gold. If he had even a percent of the gold handed to him to his name, he wouldn't have accepted it in respect to his rival's poor luck.

"You have my sympathy. It seems Lady Luck took ill on you today. Perhaps we can have another rematch some day and I will get to see the stories come true."

The gunslinger walks off the range and lights his cigarette before wandering around town. Maybe if he's lucky, he'll stumble into that draconic thing and get some extra pay today.

Steven wanders the festival in its last hours, taking in the sights he can

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 14, 2016, 08:16:33 am »

((This could be an interesting way for us to meet.... Steven hunting the kobold, me trying to protect it, and Etoile wringing his hands at the side. Now all we need is Aloisturm to decide to hunt the kobold, haha))
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 11:31:26 am by Th4DwArfY1 »
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 14, 2016, 08:50:05 am »

((Considering all the parties at play are pretty much wandering about the festival... that's possible.))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 14, 2016, 09:11:39 am »

((And here this was just supposed to be a bunch of festival events to help introduce the town and some of the named NPCs that live there. >_> That said, we're only at about noon, and there's plenty of things left to happen.))

As Etoile and Zeratuu dive into the crowd, with Kal managing to keep an eye on them and an angry dwarf and gnome following after using their magical dowsing rod, the bells of the cathedral begin to toll the noon hour. The crowds of people finish up what they are doing and start congregating on the square and streets around the cathedral. The Release of the Swallowtails, an important ceremony to the worshippers of Desna, is scheduled to begin soon. For the less religiously inclined, a catered lunch provided by the taverns and eateries of Sandpoint is set to occur straight after

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 14, 2016, 09:41:07 am »

Steven goes to have lunch instead of attending the service, being that he doesn't follow Desna

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 14, 2016, 11:33:07 am »

Etoile and Zeratuu desperately search for the keysmith while hiding in the crowds and constantly paying attention to their surroundings. Etoile would be a tiny bit disappointed at missing the prayers, but with his mind having other troubles on it, he completely forgets about them until the bell rings.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 14, 2016, 11:34:46 am »

Kal's face looks conflicted when he realises what's happening at the cathedral, but nevertheless he continues following the strange person and his hooded companion.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 14, 2016, 12:25:30 pm »

((How long until the afternoon events start?))
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 14, 2016, 01:15:32 pm »

((After the ceremony and lunch, there's time for one afternoon event before the dedication of the cathedral starts.))

There are two possibilities for Etoile and Zeratuu - move with the crowd towards the packed square, or against the crowd into the quiet town. If they head into the square, the dwarf and gnome are likely to catch up to them and be able to speak to them. On the other hand, they probably won't start anything with so many witnesses around.

Heading away gives the two a chance to keep moving and find hiding spots. On the other hand, there will be few or no witnesses if their pursuers catch up, so they may be more bold in their approach.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 14, 2016, 01:24:06 pm »

((I mean, how many hours will the ceremony and lunch take?))
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 14, 2016, 01:26:18 pm »

((the ceremony is about fifteen minutes, lunch and celebration probably an hour, hour and a half. If you need to do something in a certain time limit, let me know what and I can give you an idea if you'd be missed.))
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 77