Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: If you were forced to become ruler for life of a single country...  (Read 1936 times)

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
Re: If you were forced to become ruler for life of a single country...
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2016, 12:02:53 pm »

I choose for Head of State.....perhaps Canada. Only reason being is it's quiet and most nations just don't bother you much. Not to mention, I've dated a francophone Canadian chick and she was pretty and had natural Canadian niceness, a great combo.

Absolute authority......I honestly don't know. Heck, The Imperium of Man, let me wipe those High Lords of Terra out and work from scratch to make the Imperium great again.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2016, 01:24:27 pm »

Perhaps DPRK, in order to try to de-Juche the country.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2016, 01:36:51 pm »

Maybe Lesotho. It's small enough that I couldn't screw things up too badly for too many people, and maybe with luck we could Make Lesotho Great (there is no 'again' here).

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2016, 01:45:20 pm »

:U, maybe San Marino?

NAH, I WILL BE THE GOD KING OF THAILAND
For I have already recreated Thailand in DF's worldgen.

BEHOLD

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2016, 01:50:07 pm »

"Ruler for life" sounds like a good deal until you realize that how long you last is completely unspecified. You could go full dictator, then someone outright stabs you to death in a week.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2016, 02:44:32 pm »

If I'm permanent head of state, I'd choose Great Britain, because the Royals (the nominal heads of state) get everything handed to them, live in massive luxury, and don't have any actual responsibilities.
Go even farther and become emperor of Japan, who actually has a true purely ceremonial role. Heck, it actually states that his main role is to be "the symbol of the State and of the unity of the people" while "not hav[ing] powers related to government". :P

What I had meant by Head of State was more the Prime Minister/President/etc. than King/Queen or Emperor.
That would be Head of Government.

Presidential systems enshrine both in the presidency (which is a large part of their problems and why newly-minted presidential democracies backslide into dictatorships so readily). Other democratic but non-presidential systems (mainly parliamentary ones) divide the Head of State and Head of Government into two offices. For GB, the Queen is Head of State while the PM is Head of Government. The former is the symbol of the nation/celebrity, the latter is responsible for running things and otherwise acting as the chief executive.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2016, 06:08:26 pm »

Either America or Sealand, methinks.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2016, 06:09:18 pm »

Oh, and Latveria for me, please.

3. Run Resize Enable

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2016, 07:34:58 pm »

"Ruler for life" sounds like a good deal until you realize that how long you last is completely unspecified. You could go full dictator, then someone outright stabs you to death in a week.
It's even better when you realise that you're 'forced' into being it. So some coup d'etat makes you their figurehead. And we all know how coup d'etats end up *coughturkeycough*
I measure such a figurehead's life less than a week.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2016, 07:46:54 pm »

I'll go with Germany: As Chancellor I'll automatically have a majority in parliament at least sort of behind me, enough to have elected me at least, and thus can actually get shit done. And there's plenty of big projects: EU reform, European unification, greater independence from the US, a sound defense against Russia, a sound relationship with Russia, getting Europe to recognize its responsibility for its 'neighborhood', ie the Middle East and Northern Africa, etc etc.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2016, 07:48:48 pm »

Who are you going to force into serfdom to pay for all that?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2016, 07:50:49 pm »

Immigrants, Russians, and Russian immigrants, obviously. Sooner or later every well-meaning German turns to totalitarian methods to better implement his mild, benevolent, and far-sighted policies.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2016, 07:52:34 pm »

Your forefathers look upon you with happiness. Or maybe horrible tortured screaming, it's hard to discern what conditions are like in the shadow realm.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2016, 09:39:31 pm »

Your forefathers look upon you with happiness. Or maybe horrible tortured screaming, it's hard to discern what conditions are like in the shadow realm.
Huh, so that's what Pharaoh Atem was doing during WWII.

3. Run Resize Enable

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2016, 11:23:27 pm »

Huh, so that's what Pharaoh Atem was doing during WWII.
at least until they split the Atem.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.
Pages: 1 [2] 3