Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 21

Author Topic: Let's make a Random Spell List.  (Read 14857 times)

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
Re: Let's make a Random Spell List.
« Reply #135 on: September 21, 2016, 09:40:12 am »

Tactical planning: The caster may instantly reposition and control all allies, even use their items; this does not count as their turn.
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 21, 2016, 10:37:41 am »

Going to look back and make the first selection for the list now.

And I'm just realizing that having people specifying what type of spell (Destructive, Healing, Illusion, etc) it is would have really helped...oh well, I just ask that is done from here on out.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 21, 2016, 10:43:56 am »

And I'm just realizing that having people specifying what type of spell (Destructive, Healing, Illusion, etc) it is would have really helped...oh well, I just ask that is done from here on out.
what is the total list of types of spells?
Barrel of monkeys: summoning(if that's not a spell type, destruction): a large barrel drops on the target, dealing 2d10 damage. after 1d4 turns, 3d6 monkeys spill out of the barrel and come under your command
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Felissan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hopefully not killing this game too
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 21, 2016, 11:52:05 am »

Hi (Charm): target says Hi.
Quote from: xkcd
I always figured you should never bring a gun to a gun fight because then you'll be part of a gun fight.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 21, 2016, 01:10:59 pm »

Snake Sigil
-- Trap --

You create or modify a section of text on a page, in a book, etc. You may expend additional power to make this spell work on non-paper writing. When someone reads the text, the trap activates, summoning a venomous snake which seems to leap out of the text and strike the reader. Reflex save to avoid.

After striking its victim (or missing), the snake disappears with a bang and a puff of smoke.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 01:13:26 pm by Xvareon »

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 21, 2016, 01:15:49 pm »

Snake Sigil
-- Trap --

You create or modify a section of text on a page, in a book, etc. You may expend additional power to make this spell work on non-paper writing. When someone reads the text, the trap activates, summoning a venomous snake which seems to leap out of the text and strike the reader. Reflex save to avoid.

After striking its victim (or missing), the snake disappears with a bang and a puff of smoke.
"Guess what I memorized this morning?"
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 21, 2016, 01:36:05 pm »

Snake Sigil
-- Trap --

Explosive Runes:As per Order of the Stick.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 21, 2016, 03:33:16 pm »

Snake Sigil
-- Trap --

Explosive Runes:As per Order of the Stick.
YAAAAAS!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 21, 2016, 07:14:33 pm »

Yeah, a list with the types of spells in it would be handy.

Truth-Seeing Eye(alteration, body modification, enchantment): The caster's left(or equivalent) eye is modified to be unable to see illusions.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 23, 2016, 08:28:10 am »

Glass Cannon: The target is transmuted into living glass, and is given the ability to fire highly powerful disintegration beams from their mouth or mouths.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 23, 2016, 08:45:32 am »

Summon bodyguard (summoning): summon an armed warrior of the same level as the caster. The creature will stay close to the caster and attack any enemy that comes within melee range.

Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 24, 2016, 06:10:09 pm »

Instant Translocation (Transport[Teleportation]): The caster may designate either the whole or a section of an object, creature, or area, which will move instantaneously to a designated position. The larger or more heavy the object, the shorter the range. The position need not be attached to a surface such as the ground - if it is left free-floating, the object will fall, as usual. If a section is selected of an unwilling creature, the section must be aimed carefully, so as not to miss.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 07:34:38 pm by XXXXYYYY »
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 24, 2016, 06:34:21 pm »

Vile Vellum (offense, necromancy, transmutation): 2d3 strips of the target's skin are violently tore out and fall to the ground, each wound inflicting 1d3 of damage. These strips of skin are magically stretched and tanned into a malignant living sheet of vellum; once picked up they can only be used to write down harmful spells, to which they add an extra curse of 1d6 damage.
Any attempt to write a non-harmful spell will fail and the vellum will curse the caster for 1d3 damage.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 24, 2016, 06:46:23 pm »

Instant Courier (Summoning, Transport, minor Offensive): Summon a airy, indistinct messenger. It can move one object to any person, though it charges more for greater distances or vaguer directions. A casting can instead be used to set down a position. The caster can send items to any such marked position instead of an individual with future castings. The messenger charges less for any items harmful to recipient, especially if they take time to take effect (a bomb will have a slightly reduced price, poisoned food moreso, and a monkey-paw or otherwise cursed item will be sharply discounted).
Why is there that weird clause about it costing less for harmful objects, and moreso if they're timed?
Money!

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 24, 2016, 07:22:25 pm »

Instant Courier (Summoning, Transport, minor Offensive): Summon a airy, indistinct messenger. It can move one object to any person, though it charges more for greater distances or vaguer directions. A casting can instead be used to set down a position. The caster can send items to any such marked position instead of an individual with future castings. The messenger charges less for any items harmful to recipient, especially if they take time to take effect (a bomb will have a slightly reduced price, poisoned food moreso, and a monkey-paw or otherwise cursed item will be sharply discounted).
Why is there that weird clause about it costing less for harmful objects, and moreso if they're timed?
I've been rolling for three words each spell and trying to form those into a cohesive whole. For that one, if I remember right (I didn't write down the words, sorry), I rolled two transport words and one passive word relating to attacking. I ended up going with a spell that, while primarily used for everyday movement, would also work to sabotage or attack an opponent indirectly as well. The pricing would have to be adjusted so that it works equally well between the two, with the discount from handling a dangerous object outweighing the cost of the unsure directions.

I definitely could have phrased it better, though. Might go back and edit a bit or rework the idea overall.

EDIT: Came up with a way of doing what I was thinking of that I like more while keeping the same idea. Changing.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 07:34:28 pm by XXXXYYYY »
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 21