Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 21

Author Topic: Let's make a Random Spell List.  (Read 14822 times)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
Re: Let's make a Random Spell List.
« Reply #240 on: November 16, 2016, 04:45:31 pm »

Summon Megalith [earth magic expert | 25 mana]: fires a giant explody rock of doom from the casters hand. Giant Explody Rock of Doom will bounce off of inorganic objects three times before exploding violently into shrapnel. Upon contact with an organic material such as flesh, natural cloths, parchment, or cerebral fluid, the GERoD will detonate violently regardless of how many times it has bounced.

The GERoD is a hyperlethal litho-projectile commonly used against large groups of enemies, enemies behind cover, and really awful friends. Not advised for use in confined spaces such as broom closets. Trust us.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 16, 2016, 04:58:20 pm »

Bindings of Doubt: The target's top 3 attributes take on base values equal to the lowest of the top three attributes for the duration of the effect
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 19, 2016, 07:46:40 pm »

Spell Gatling(metamagic): 1d6+1 random spells from the random spell list are immediately cast at the target.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 19, 2016, 10:04:10 pm »

^Ouch!
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #244 on: November 20, 2016, 01:01:54 am »

Po-Tay-Toe: +1 charisma, and a potato.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 20, 2016, 01:10:17 am »

Auto Spell: Used in combination with another spell. As it counts as a free spell next three turns.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 20, 2016, 01:11:01 pm »

Intellect Swap - Select two targets. Their relative intelligences are now swapped.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 21, 2016, 06:02:31 pm »

Incant Flames(fire magic, elemental magic): The caster begins an incantation that may last for any number of turns. The number of turns will be chosen by the caster. When the incantation is finished, a blast of fire proportional to the length of the incantation will be fired at the target.

If the incantation is disrupted, all sorts of nasty fiery things can happen, up to and including opening a gateway to the Plane of Fire.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 21, 2016, 08:58:51 pm »

The Jar-Binks Spell: Turns the target into the most hated individual in the room regardless of previous allegiances.

Spell failure may cause various effects depending on the degree of failure, including turning inanimate objects sentient which then proceed to be hated by all, making an ally the most hated, turning you into the most hated, or make everyone hate everything to the point of irrationality. No refunds.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 21, 2016, 09:07:17 pm »

Gathering Power:The next spell the caster cast has its effect(damage/healing/buff etc.)doubled in potency, each spell cast afterwards is further doubled in potency(4x,8x,16x, etc.). Failure to cast a spell or running out of spells to cast ends the spell, if the spell was ended by not casting a spell it does 5d6 damage to the caster, multiplied as if it was a spell cast while under its affect, running out of spells ends it without taking damage. Spells that do not have a valid target(doesn't hit anyone, healing someone at full health) do not extend this spell, and are considered as failures to cast a spell.
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 06, 2017, 07:52:43 am »

Thread Revival: Takes the remains of a destroyed or otherwise ruined piece of cloth or clothing and returns it to its former state. If the cloth was alive or sentient, it regains those traits. If not, it gains life for d6 minutes. It the cloth was created or modified by a string-, fabric-, or clothing-based spell, you may repeat that spell's effects.

(Remember, only one spell per post)

(Also, this is my FIRST post on the forums!)
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 06, 2017, 10:44:40 am »

Releases Lunatics - Opens a portal that releases 1d6 Raving Lunatics out onto the field.

((Aha! Welcome to the site!))
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 06, 2017, 11:22:36 am »

Releashes Lunatics: 2d8 leashes pop out of a portal, hook themselves around lunatics' necks (or similar body parts), and pull them back through the portal.

(Thanks! Also, I see what you did there. I'll finish my profile when I get back home; for some reason, I can't do it on my phone.)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 11:26:08 am by OceanSoul »
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 06, 2017, 01:35:54 pm »

((You should be able to, or it's the SMF bug striking again.))

Releash The Hounds: All hunting dogs within 1d6 miles are leashed to an additional object.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 06, 2017, 01:43:12 pm »

Relish the Hounds: Target as many people as half your spell level rounded down (or 3, if inapplicable). They now find enjoyment in (the presence of) dogs or other canines, to the point of outweighing any reasons not to love them. On a spell failure, cover nearby dogs in a mixture of chopped pickles, vinegar, etc.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 21