Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21

Author Topic: Let's make a Random Spell List.  (Read 14824 times)

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
Re: Let's make a Random Spell List.
« Reply #225 on: November 06, 2016, 06:59:40 pm »

Shatter Kneecaps - Explode target's kneecaps, harming it and anything around it. This spell does nothing if the target has no kneecaps.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 07, 2016, 09:28:13 am »

Summon Boogiemen(summoning): Summons 1d4 boogie-men, malevolent spirits that love to possess people and make them dance.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: November 10, 2016, 02:24:21 pm »

Thread of Hope: If target would be struck down during the duration of this spell, they are allowed a save. If they succeed, they are reduced to 1 hp instead of being downed. This does not remove the spell effect. Save difficulty increases with each successful save. When cast on a downed but not dead combatant, they get to save once at increased difficulty, if they succeed, the spell effect terminates but they are restored to 1 hp.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 11, 2016, 02:18:37 pm »

Fatal Attraction(alteration): For the next 3d4 rounds, Two target creatures are attracted to each other by magic magnets. They may attempt to avoid going to the other by holding onto stationary stuff. It's up to the DM to decide whether said object will hold them, or if it will rip out. Once the two targets touch each other, they instantly die.

Soul of the Dwarf: target organic creature(including elves, think of Cacame Awemedinade) gets a long beard. if the creature already has a beard, it's length is multiplied by 1d4 + 1. target creature gets a racial +1d4 bonus against elves

Veal(illusion):target food looks like veal.

Gust of Wind(beans, farting):Target farts violently. Any character behind the target for 40 feet gets knocked backwards until they are 40 feet behind the target. anybody caught in the gas takes 3d8 poison damage.

Have a cow, man(summoning):you summon a cow, which follows a target for 1d6 minutes, then disappears.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: November 11, 2016, 03:55:13 pm »

Winterlace: Generates a field of interwoven threads around the caster. Within this field, hostile individuals must remain absolutely still or make a reflex save to avoid touch a strand. If they succeed, ambient cold chills and deals 1d8 damage.  If they touch a thread they take  CasterLevel/2 d8 damage and are chilled. Fire spells cast into or out of the field have their damage reduced by caster level*2.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 11, 2016, 09:46:57 pm »

There's only two bloody rules. Don't submit more than one spell in a post is one of them.

A Fraction of an Exaltation(blessing, buff): The target may choose a skill of some kind. They will instantly become a master of the skill, and as time passes, they will become more and more skilled in the skill. Sufficient skill can warp the laws of reality.

Example: John gets the skill of stealth. Okay, so he's basically a ninja. Later: hiding in plain sight. Hiding on the ceiling. Becoming unnoticeable. Becoming unrememberable. Hiding from Death. Hiding from the normal laws of reality. Sneaking into somebody's mind.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 12, 2016, 12:11:18 am »

Fractal Foolishness - (Curse) - The target instantly becomes worse in a particular skill. That skill will continue to degrade over time, bending laws of reality as the lack of skill becomes detrimental on an world wide scale.

Example - Jane loses the skill of stealth. She ruins every surprise birthday party. As it degrades, she literally cannot go unnoticed when she enters a room. People see and detect her through walls. Jane is no longer able to go unforgotten, as the entire world cannot forget her existence. Jane ascends to become an Elder Goddess.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 12, 2016, 08:14:24 am »

Jump jets (alteration): Target gets boots with little Vernier thrusters and 4d2 turns worth of fuel. When activated, they allow to move about very quickly, fly, jump buildings in a single bound, and hover in place - if a RTD 1d6 allow; otherwise the target can splatter itself against a wall very quickly, explode mid-air, jump face first into buildings, or lose control and fall. There's no way to know the precise amount of fuel, and it tends to run out mid-flight (e.g., the target can jump high, but without fuel it lands hard).
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 12, 2016, 05:20:13 pm »

Invocation of Fire(fire magic, spell enhancement spell): Every spell involving fire cast from here on has its potency doubled. Any spell involving fire that the caster casts from here on has its potency doubled again.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 12, 2016, 06:20:39 pm »

Woven Lash: This spell deals xd2 damage to one target within short range, where x is the number of thread-type spells known.
---

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 13, 2016, 02:52:08 pm »

Karne's Greater Color Spray [light magic novice | 15 Mana]: Target is turned a random, vibrant color. Entities next to the target are also caught in the area of effect, but turn different colors. Sentiences vulnerable to memes, via either magic or natural susceptibility, have 1d4 chance to have their eyes explode due to the garish color.

Warning: usage of this spell is not advised for: entities capable of vision in the ultraviolet spectrum, people vulnerable to visual memes, people afflicted with blindness, young children, pregnant women, religious figures, religious figurines, pop idols, hack comedians, the colorblind, goblins, ugly women, ladyboys, people with a kidney condition, people named "Karl", computer engineers, armless artists, the elderly, and that guy on the end of every pharmaceutical commercial who rushes through the absurdly long list of possible side effects.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 13, 2016, 04:03:14 pm »

Sunder Weft: Destabilizes magic in a small area for short period of time, resulting in unpredictable effects. At higher levels, can be target to dispel specific effects.
---

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 14, 2016, 09:31:35 am »

BURN WITH ME(fire magic, destruction): The caster is set on fire. All beings hostile to the caster are also set on fire. The caster gains 1d4 turns of fire resistance after this spell is cast.

rubberduck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 14, 2016, 10:09:26 am »

Get Ahead(transmutation): The caster's head pops off, and his body flops to the ground. The head is now able to fly, and doesn't die from the separation, or any subsequent damage to the body.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: November 16, 2016, 02:27:13 pm »

Explodonate(conjuration,alteration):target explodes immediately. target detonates 1d4 rounds later.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21