Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 21

Author Topic: Let's make a Random Spell List.  (Read 14825 times)

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
Re: Let's make a Random Spell List.
« Reply #210 on: November 01, 2016, 02:34:58 pm »

Final Blink (high-level Conjuration:teleportation)

Target drops out of space and time for thirty seconds, then reappears in the same location in absolute space.

(in other words, you're going to blink them into outer space)
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 01, 2016, 10:08:32 pm »

Curse of the Hiccups: Caster begins hiccuping.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 01, 2016, 10:35:56 pm »

Judgement(meta spell, destruction): At the end of the next turn, a pillar of destructive energy strikes the target from above. The pillar's power is increased for every non-player who says they'd like to make it more powerful, and decreased for every non-player who says they'd like to make it less powerful.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 02, 2016, 01:12:51 am »

Summon Flock of Geese - Summons a flock of confused geese at the target location. Confused Geese may lash out at nearby targets, or otherwise attempt escape the scene by any means necessary.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 02, 2016, 01:24:17 pm »

Selfie stick(hypnosis):target gets a magical selfie stick. if the target doesn't take 200 selfies using the selfie stick within 1d4 days, and 4000 likes, s/he immediately loses his self-image.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 01:14:24 pm by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 02, 2016, 06:55:40 pm »

Mirror curse (necromancy, I guess...?):

For the next week, whenever the target examines their own reflection in a solid surface (like a mirror or window) for 3 seconds, the reflective surface immediately shatters. Does not grant immunity to bad luck.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 04, 2016, 12:47:13 am »

Misfortune [dark magic expert | 20 mana] target or array of targets is inflicted with a awful feeling of malaise and gloom, causing them to see almost any unfortunate circumstance as a major event, while dulling recollection of positive events.

Someone once asked me why I designed misfortune. "Why design a curse that does nothing during combat, and yet slowly drives the cursed to suicide? Why be so cruel. I told him, after I had casted upon him Misfortune, Paralysis, and a delayed Fireball spell, "Because I am the one who can." and then I pushed him from the tower.

Okay, maybe shoruke gave me the idea. Still, I think it's a different enough take on the subject to go, yes?
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #217 on: November 04, 2016, 01:34:23 am »

Send/Recall Contents of Fist: The caster can send an object that can be contained within his fist to a dimension the size of his fist. He can later recall the object from its suspension in the fist dimension. The object does not age within the fist dimension, and so it retains the properties it had when it was sent.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 05, 2016, 10:25:31 pm »

Dancebattle(music magic, compulsion): The caster and the target immediately engage in a dance battle. The awesomeness of their dancing can cause physical damage to each other.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 05, 2016, 10:35:38 pm »

Blended Threads: Cast on an allied unit within medium range. The caster and the allied unit can act as though their locations were freely interchangeable. (They can attack, cast, and move, as though they were located at either position) Whenever an effect that would allow a save or a defense targets one of them, the better of their defenses is used. Damage successfully dealt to one of the blended pair is dealt to both of them.  Requires a thread of silver and a thread of gold.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 05, 2016, 11:16:18 pm »

Sky Kings Wrath(compulsion):for the next week avian creatures will hate the target and attempt to kill them whenever possible(if weaker than target, will wait until target is outnumbered). Sentient creatures have a chance to resist this effect, but will still dislike the target for the duration of the spell
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 06, 2016, 04:14:45 am »

Spell a spell, the spelling spell: spells a currently being spelled spell.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 06, 2016, 11:25:26 am »

Lesser Hyper-threading: By manipulating the fabric of time, the caster can take an additional action each round that is non-movement, but would ordinarily cost the move action.  (Notably reloading, changing weapon sets, quaffing a potion, etc) This can be done once each round for a number of rounds limited by caster level/potency/mojo.

Should totally be used to dual wield hand crossbows and free-reload.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 06, 2016, 05:05:39 pm »

Scramble(destruction, area of effect): All matter within the target area is scrambled like scrambled eggs.

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 06, 2016, 06:40:58 pm »

Endless Wings(Transmutation/Curse):Target creature grown wings, initially they allow the creature to fly. However, the wings do not stop growing, and over time increase the amount of food required, cause excessive strain on the targets shoulders and chest, and reduce the flow of blood to the brain, as their body cannot adapt as fast as the wings grow, eventually causing death
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 21