Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which Starting Location should we use? (Should note: After editing, you apparenlty can't change your votes anymore.)

Dutchy of Antioch (Greek/Orthodox/Fuedal.  Unmarried 19 y/o with one daughter.  Dead Uncle was former Emperor.  End point of Silk Road.  Vassal of Byzantines.)
- 6 (10.2%)
County of Orvieto (Italian/Orthodox/Fuedal.  Unmarried 27 y/o with one son.  Vassal of the Pope.)
- 9 (15.3%)
Duke of Salerno (Lombard/Orthodox/Fuedal.  Unmarried 31 y/o with many siblings.  Last Lombard ruler I can find.  Can conquer Amalfi.  Independent.)
- 6 (10.2%)
High Chief of Ryazan (Russian/Orthodox/Tribal.  Married 39 y/o with four sons.  Many claims.  Independent.)
- 4 (6.8%)
Petty Kingdom of Powys (Welsh/Catholic/Fuedal.  Married 41 y/o with several kids.  Strongest Welsh ruler.  Independent.)
- 3 (5.1%)
Count of Aargau (German/Catholic/Fuedal.  Married 41 y/o with Son and Daughter.  Controlled by von Habsburg.  Vassal of HRE.)
- 5 (8.5%)
Duke of Translyvania (Hungarian/Catholic/Fuedal.  Unmarried 19 y/o with many siblings.  Father was former King.  Cousin current.  Vassal of Hungary.)
- 9 (15.3%)
Count Sigfus of Vestisland (Norwegian/Catholic/Fuedal.  Unmarried 28 y/o with 1 son.  Make Iceland relevant.  Vassal of Island.)
- 6 (10.2%)
Petty King of Makuria (Nubian/Miaphysite/Fuedal.  Unmarried 27 y/o with 1 son.  Heir of high chiefdom of Alodia.  Independent.)
- 4 (6.8%)
Count of Trinkitat (Nubian/Miaphysite/Fuedal.  Unmarried 21 y/o with no heirs.  Strongest single county nation in Nubia.  Independent.)
- 4 (6.8%)
Screw these guys, I want a ruler designed person.  (Suggest a site.)
- 3 (5.1%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20

Author Topic: Crusader Kings II Dynasty Succession Game (Persus13)  (Read 49298 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings II Dynasty Succession Game
« Reply #135 on: September 29, 2016, 07:00:36 pm »

Officially I am vanilla.
Note the word officially.

You are a bad man.

If you're going to do that, at least do it with the shit games :P

Also, I have Conclave.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #136 on: September 30, 2016, 01:26:45 am »

I didin't do that to the game, I did it to the DLC.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 30, 2016, 07:23:19 am »

Er, i guess I can understand that. DLC is... a most evil thing.

I mean it's not as though I've never done that, and wasn't doing it as recently as this weekend yesterday.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 03, 2016, 09:20:07 pm »

Just posting to acknowledge that I owe one update, and I shall endeavor to deliver it!
Tomorrow

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 05, 2016, 03:44:32 pm »

Regarding Young Duchess Maria II, From a Loyal Steward, reporting to a Loyal Counsel:

Maria is betrothed to be married, you'll get to meet the young man in a few years.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Seems the last betrothel didn't take...(couldn't restore previous save, had to go back one year to last autosave)
Betrothed Pal to marry his niece, the current queen of Norway.  Easiest way for him to regain the title of King.

We declare war for the tip of Sicily

This Countess whom previously rebelled against us successfully converted her county to Catholicism.  Since we are fighting a holy war for Sicily, I thought it fitting to reward her by releasing her from prison.  No ransom or anything.

Sigh...I guess this playthrough is going to be more FUN than I counted on.  Maria is a Lunatic.

In unrelated news, we lost our coastal Hungarian holding due to inheritance, and the Emperor of Byzantium just declared war on the Holy Father for Hum.  We sadly can not hold these lands, and I won't be trying.  Maybe next Byzantium succession crisis...

Pal would leave shortly before Maria obtained her majority, but the intermim period was uneventful (except for having to replace him, of course).

Maria is an adult!  And a talented Steward as well!
Still a Lunatic though...
Since I want Maria to hold as much land as possible, I prioritize building upon her Stewardship via focusing on Rulership.  Putting a Lunatic directly in charge of the day-to-day running of the Duchy will have no negative side effects, I'm sure.

(We also prioritized grooming a heir, for obvious reasons if you had been following along up until now)

We are truly a modern duchy, far superior to other lands.  We approve of Late Medieval Administration (though promises of future favors to every counsel member that would take them).

Another angry vassal makes an ultimatum.  You all know how we respond to such traitorous dogs...

Maria wants to lead the troops!  Uh, no.

Years of promoting sheeps to administer our lands, with everyone of any ability raising rebellion against us, has left our Commanders a bit...lacking.  Since we would benefit from further troops, I hire mercenary companies lead by great commanders, to fill in this gap.

God Himself seems to spit upon our foes.  Disease kills the guards on the walls of the keeps that we want.

Meet the new duke.  I of course chose money over prestige, as Maria's childhood already brought great respect for her name.  As Maria's father was a bastard to a King (and is now a bastard of a king), she had to marry a bastard of a King as well.  I prioritized good attributes over most other things, as Maria's influence on the family line...needs rebalancing.

Not to worry, I forced him to convert to Catholicism.  He is also the regent, for whomever succeeds me.

A Crusade for Jerusalem is called!  Since we live adjacent to Jerusalem, and control the Holy City itself, we have to make sure the Pope wins this War!

I love our Lunatic Lady.  I also got the chance to
k up Paranoid prior.  While an annoying trait, it will help to keep Maria alive, which is of prime importance.

The Crusade does not go well.  His Holiness may have bitten off more than he can chew.  But I repurpose our scurvy mercenaries as Holy Crusaders.  We will see if they can stem the tide.

I ally with Maria's father's wife, and the Queen of Norway immediately brings us into her war.  Typical.

Hey, we can put Maria's husband to work as an Army Commander!  Nah, maybe we'll wait until a Quick or Genius suitor is around to replace my carefully chosen husband to Maria...

Yay, we have a heir, and not only is he strong like his father, but he didn't inherit any of Maria...defects.  I will totally go Primogenture for this lad.

Closing thoughts:

It occurs to me that perhaps we have gone as far as we can as the Only True Vassal to His Holiness.  In order for the Papal State to grow, I think we should consider giving up some authority so that the Holy Father can have other loyal vassals, or gain strength by grabbing the lands from any new vassals that prove less than loyal.

Gavelkind succession would be a solution that would favor our family, but a messy one.

In the long run (or short run, if this Crusade doesn't fail like recent unshown losses would indicate), I would like to see the Pope acquire enough land under his rule (and probably mostly under our rule due to our efforts, For We Serve Him) to create an Empire title, which I suspect the AI Pope would do.  But that land has to go somewhere, and can we keep hiding it under Duchy titles?  Our hat rack crown case is filling up fast!

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 07, 2016, 05:59:57 pm »

Pretty sure my guy became a lunatic partway through his reign.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 07, 2016, 08:13:19 pm »

Pretty sure my guy became a lunatic partway through his reign.

Yes, I remembered that.  In fact, I think you had the same event with the giant gopher.  At least you had a few good years: Maria went nuts before hitting her majority.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 07, 2016, 08:52:04 pm »

Also are you planning to continue or did I miss where you posted the save?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 08, 2016, 12:25:08 am »

Well, I'm intending to continue, unless the next player(s) are chomping at the bit to take over.  I realize my pace may not be fast enough.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 08, 2016, 12:36:54 am »

Hey man, I at least want the players before me to put their all into their character and the game. I foresee people comlaining that there's some bad shit if people half-ass it in the name of expedience.

Then again you'll probably get people complaining that you're taking too damn long if you don't, so it's up to you which one you want to hear :P

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 09, 2016, 06:25:26 pm »

La La La, I'm not listening, La La La
 ;D

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 12, 2016, 02:06:05 pm »

Euchre, are you having trouble creating the update or having trouble finding time to run through your turn?  Not demanding you pass on the turn, I'm just wanting to know what you are having trouble with on your end.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 12, 2016, 02:29:23 pm »

You are dead, your turn is over I jest, this is a fair point, and your efforts to keep the game moving are appreciated.

I want to see how badly I can fuck everything up that y'all do. :P

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 12, 2016, 02:44:02 pm »

You are dead, your turn is over I jest, this is a fair point, and your efforts to keep the game moving are appreciated.

I want to see how badly I can fuck everything up that y'all do. :P

You'll be one of the deciders of the final fate, since, by my estimates, your turn might enter into the last 100 years.  Admittely, if Euchre used conclave and screwed that up, Furturka and Red King will sadly have to be skipped as they don't have it (unless they pick it up between now and then).  Maybe Kot as well if his...unofficial...version doesn't have it.

Edit: Though you don't have it either so if Euchre actually did screw that up (I know you can select childhood focus without Conclave if you are playing as the child, so it's kinda up in the air if he did or not)...

Edit2: Forgot Persus13 and A Thing on that list, though he is only a concern if we go through the list without reaching the end date and start from the top.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 02:54:36 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 12, 2016, 02:45:02 pm »

I have Conclave, it's alright. Bought it in a sale not too long ago.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20