Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Where did you get your username?  (Read 2771 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: Where did you get your username?
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2016, 06:32:06 am »

T is the initial of my first name, and 'icy' is a personality trait that somewhat describes my offline persona. It also makes a lot of nice puns, whether we're looking at the fact that 'iced tea' is a drink or that the abbreviation 'ICT' means something else entirely. The number 31 comes from 'thirsty one', something I might also call myself. I put in the number because there are a few other Icy Teas around the Internet, which is a good thing as it gives me some plausible deniability.

Note: back when I was designing the username, I hadn't heard of the rapper Ice-T.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2016, 06:35:07 am »

i was 7 and needed a name for runescape.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2016, 06:41:10 am »

* Cat noises intensifies
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2016, 06:52:39 am »

Either:
A) A sect of mystical monks discovered an ancient prophecy which proclaimed that I shall be The Chosen One and proclaims that my True Name is this, or,
B) Upon joining the forums they passed me a large jar (Qing Dynasty, I believe) within which were many slips of paper, and from within the depths of that jar I extracted the one upon which was written "Your name shall be: Starver", or,
C) My most common failing on my forts, at the beginning, was the total inability to sustain a food supply (far too much "Urist McHunter cancels Hunt: Hunting for vermin", or similar), so at the time of joining it seemed appropriate (though quickly became very inapt, but "Dehydrater" could have become more suitable on far too frequent occasions until I had perfected the backup wells form when I'd neglected the brewing, or,
D) My real name is Reverend Rats, and "Stardnerever" is too unwieldy.

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2016, 07:26:35 am »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2016, 07:35:20 am »

Dis is me as well. At the time my dysgraphia was so bad that I was unable to spell Crypt Fiend. Later on I used the name of WoW and eventually here, and those made me not want to change it from the now purposeful misspelling. Also Cryptfiend is a really dumb ass name, so at least misspelling it makes it's a little bit more humorous and a little bit less sad.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2016, 07:40:54 am »

I'm mostly scoopdjm around the internet regions, or "haaken" when I was a little munchkin. I just--Dwarvenized my username other places. Now Bay12 is really my main internet place, and my online friends all know me as either Scoopbeard or Scoopz. (Actually, a few of my IRL friends call me scoop as well.)

EDIT: If you were wondering it came from my email which I created when eating fritos scoops with my dad. Thus scoopdjm was born.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2016, 07:57:10 am »

Jimbo's been my nickname as long as i can remember, and since Jimbo by itself usually is taken, I slapped on M for my last initial and 12 cuz that's how old i was when I fully accepted it as my nickname. Before this I just kinda experimented cuz I disliked being called Jimbo but I came to accept and promote it and it's become my internet persona. The true self.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2016, 08:53:51 am »

Joined... considered UristMcZombie style names... reconsidered.

Ended up going with Fallacy of Urist. Or Urist's Fallacy. Which is: assuming dwarves will not be stupid.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

pondicherry

• Bay Watcher
  • Too lazy to write something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2016, 10:13:25 am »

Read it in a book ( Life of PI (not the movie ...)) didn't know exactly what it was it, but sounded great. No I know - it's a turistic indian place. I get a lot of indian messages, asking me things. I don't know nothing else about it.
"Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then Stop."

Werdna

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2016, 12:16:57 pm »

Werdna is the main hero of the Wizardry series, which were some of the first computer games I played ('Andrew' being the name of one of the founders of the series). 

In my DF games he is the firm but benevolent hand that guides his 7 remaining loyal disciples to endlessly rebuild his besieged empire from the ashes.
ProvingGrounds was merely a setback.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2016, 03:10:53 pm »

Nav my real life name. I made it all caps for no particular reason. It's the short version of my middle name Navarone. Everyone calls me Nav.
Navarone is an island in Greece.

On other places on the internet I am often Navodile. Because Nav = Navigator = Alligator = Crocodile = Navodile.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2016, 05:04:51 pm »

TheBiggerFish is actually a reference to Summon Bigger Fish and Spearbreakers' legendary military dwarf badass Fischer.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2016, 05:16:33 pm »

It's... Just my IRL name. Yup, I'm boring.

Lucky me, my name is rare enough that I can use it everywhere without worrying about it being already taken :)
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2016, 05:35:51 pm »

....Sir, I hereby award you this Internet Derpitude Trophy for telling us your real name.

:v
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4