Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Oh bugger...  (Read 2183 times)

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
Oh bugger...
« on: June 05, 2008, 09:34:00 pm »

I have a large, healthy fort. Somewhere on the order of 115 dwarfs, nearly all ecstatic, lots of monies, more food than I can poke a stick at, and 3 miltiary squads that can wade through arrows and annihilate every siege I've yet encountered.
Hence, as you might of guessed, I was starting to lose interest.

Then I get the message; Zuglar McDwarf has gone berserk.

Okay, buggger, I'll get my military on it. Then I encounter my first problem. They're all asleep. Crap.
Then I see my second problem; Zuglar is a Fortress guard one level short of becoming a swordmaster, equipped in full *Copper Plate* or better, with a mastercrafted obsidian short sword. Ohhh crap.
3rd problem; She just brutally slaughtered her husband (a royal guard, who is now evenly distributed across the 3x3 bedroom), is drenched in dwarf blood, and is chasing my haulers down the corridor. Ohhhhhh crrrraaappp.

Corners a hauler in a bedroom, hacks him to pieces in blink of an eye. Runs straight past my hammerer, who ignores her completely (collusion!), up the ramps and into the dining room.

Kills three more dorfs (knocked one down the trash disposal chute into the magma), a cat, and then runs headlong into my champion Zon Igelmush, who just woke up and was on his way to get a nice +kitten roast+. In solid exceptional steel plate, artifact bone shield, legendary in all combat skills except sword (grand high master) with a mastercrafted obsidian sword...

The tile blinks red, once, and then I'm digging Zuglar chunks out of odd corners a z level away, while Zon strolls off to find something to eat.

I love this game.

The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Ghostpaw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Oh bugger...
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 09:41:00 pm »

How do you get dwarves legendary in more than one combat skill?  After my wrestler became a champion wrestler I couldn't find a way to make him equip a sword.  Instead where I would normally assign weapons I get the message "This champion need not work".
t''s so sad.  It''s as if De Beers as invaded Dwarf Fortress.  I nearly cried when I saw how valued and rare diamonds were in Dwarf Fortress.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 10:03:00 pm »

use the [m]ilitary screen and then press [w].
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Run Comrades

• Bay Watcher
  • Jovian Dwarf
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/acylon
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2008, 12:36:00 am »

That's pretty awesome.