Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: I have a question regarding Castes.  (Read 1314 times)

kiwiphoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I have a question regarding Castes.
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2016, 03:59:39 am »

I think adding more things to the carpenter's workshop works? If not, you could just add reactions to adv mode proper that use some sort of reagent that is preserved to simulate a mobile workshop of some sort.

This. With the new nested reaction system, it's surprisingly efficient and navigable.
With a little creativity you can even mimic the fort-mode smelting and forging mechanics.

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2016, 03:51:32 pm »

Is it possible to make ammo explode upon hitting it's target? Like say, I was making a grenade, and when it hits, it explodes?
No. You can sort of do it with dfhack, but it won't actually use ammo. Use item-trigger to have anyone using the grenade launcher weapon gain a fireball reaction, but that's it. No ammo.
If you're using DFhack, shouldn't projectile-trigger work for explosive ammo? Isn't that what projectile-expansion was originally written for?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2016, 06:23:33 pm »

Yeah, I wrote projectile-expansion for that exactly. Not sure how projectile-trigger works these days (the only thing I was using projectile-expansion for I ended up removing for balance purposes)

Bogus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2016, 02:42:26 am »

nvm was already answered.
Pages: 1 [2]