Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 26

Author Topic: Adventuring Academy IC: Welcome new students! 8 of 12 slots filled  (Read 10428 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

This is it, the big first day. No matter what previous schooling you had, if any, it’s hard not to be somewhat excited and in awe at the majestic front gates of the academy, towering so high that even a giant would be hard pressed to touch the top. Those with any experience in such matters would accurately be able to assume that the gate, and indeed all the walls, are made with magic, the stone flowing together a little too perfectly, the mortar holding up a little too well, the lack of dirt and grime affecting it. Really, it is to be expected that mages worked on it though, it’s simply the most convenient way to do construction even with the constant danger of an inexperienced mage working on the project. With that in mind, the anti-magic field was probably put in afterwards. As you walk further in past the massive red metal doors, probably some kind of magic alloy, (possibly from the school's patron deity?) you would approach a gathering of other students in front of a stage with a rather… interesting group of people, a masked shirtless man and an appropriately fancily dressed monster woman, (Maybe some kind of flying monster?) a rather small faerie man on a walking stool and a pony sized centaur woman and finally twin mantis women. Recalling off the top of your heads you would recognize some of them and their names with the exception of the masked one and the well dressed woman. The mantis women are well known as the two monster biology teachers at the school, Tsubaki and Akira… you forget their last names. The faeire is the history teacher, Brom Sparkleson. The centaur is of course the food preparation teacher Layara Foreststrider. Somewhere you're sure the rogue’s teacher Kate is hiding. Damn rogues.

A tall, stout, bearded man clears his throat from the front of the stage, his voice cutting clear over the gathered students with ease. The assembled group quickly ceases talking as he raises a hand for them to stop. Taking one last look around the crowd he nods before he begins speaking in a voice that’s both authoritative and very much carrying the brough of the emerald isles to the North.

“Good morning, it’s nice to see so many new faces arriving to our prestigious academy! I’d like to say a few words of thanks before I get onto the bits I’m sure you all are most interested in. First I would like to thank our returning teacher of those who are choosing the warrior's path for continuing to work despite the accident with that artifact,”
The masked man raises his hand in acknowledgement. “, Next I’d like to thank our lovely new healing teacher for accepting our invitation to work here. I’d also like to extend gratitude to the other teachers that have stayed at the academy for the previous year. Now then, on to business, I’m sure you all are itching to get to the famous opening gathering for first years to meet, greet, and with any luck form into teams… though those of you who prefer to not to get involved with a concrete group are free to offer yourselves for groups with less than the standard six person group size or other groups… but some things to keep in mind when you’re socializing and making merry. First of all, thank the cooks if you see them, they work hard on the buffet each year. Second, Don’t challenge others to fights just yet, the fighting pits have to be cleaned still. Finally… have fun.”

With the announcements seemingly done there is a round of applause before the gathered students file into the great hall that is indicated behind the stage. Entering it, you would note… well, the first thing is probably that the man who was speaking never actually said who he is or what he does. But the next thing would be noticing how great the food in here smells; various dishes from this region and those from others, one could find any food they want here. There’s also a table of various drinks being manned by a halfling on a stool looking generally happy as is often the case with them. The hall -being, well, great-is easily large enough for you all to easily navigate and form up into your own groups without having to worry about getting in the way. As you each go to do your own thing, a thought comes to mind. Just who are you going to group up with now, and what are you going to call yourselves?

OOC Thread
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 11:08:47 pm by kj1225 »

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: Adventuring Academy IC: Welcome new students! 7 of 12 slots filled
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2016, 10:45:04 pm »

Someone in a ragged, patched cloak - a man, it seems - beelines for the halfling's table, generously filling the mug clutched in his hand with a random spirit, and brings over an unoccupied chair to speak with the diminutive bartender.

"Say, man. What sort of special drinks would one be able to find during learning hours?"
Black lives matter.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2016, 10:55:21 pm »

"Well then."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2016, 11:00:37 pm »

Misel awkwardly shambles into line at the buffet, slowly grating their wings on the ground. They make quite a racket, and they apologise to everyone they pass by.

"O-oh, sorry! I j-just have to get through, s-sorry..."

This continues for a while.

They reach the food servers, and grab a small amount of rice, and some bread and meat. They thank each server multiple times, before moving along to a table. They hold the plate in their hands at the ends of their wings.

Taking a seat in a corner, away from anyone else, they begin to eat slowly.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2016, 11:08:00 pm »

"Ooh- wait, actually, hold that thought. I'll be right back."

The cloaked man stands up, swaggers his way over to Anxiety Bat's table, and slams his mug down on it in front of them without spilling a drop.

"You, friend, need a drink."
Black lives matter.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Adventuring Academy IC: Welcome new students! 8 of 12 slots filled
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2016, 11:11:50 pm »

Ceras looks at crazy alcohol dude's sudden rush over to bat person and moves over to the bat person.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2016, 11:13:32 pm »

Crazy alcohol dude murders TBF for being racist against alcoholics
Black lives matter.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2016, 11:14:05 pm »

A horned girl with well-defined muscles barges through the crowd, carving a path with a rather ludicrously large sword made of the parts of various beasts strapped to her back helping to intimidate people out of her path before she runs roughshod over them. She grabs a tray and, not bothering with such silly things as "plates" or "utensils," heaps it with basically every variety of meat she can locate, and begins tearing into it immediately as she looks for a place to land, balancing the tray with one hand as the other ferried scraps to her mouth. She thumps down right next to the group that seems to be gathering by the gargoyle - they look decently friendly, no? - and mumbles something that might have been a greeting around her food.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2016, 11:17:55 pm »

The bat-gargoyle freaks out, and shakes uncontrollably, spilling their teaspoon of rice. "O-oh golly, oh gosh, oh no..." They attempt to wipe the rice off their vest, and end up smashing their plate, and look at their food in despair. It is now everywhere, all over them, and the table. Albeit, it isn't very much, but they were hungry, and this upset them quite a bit. They seem to be about to cry, orange liquid welling up at the corners of their eyes.
When in doubt, use puns.
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
that's pretty gay

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2016, 11:19:03 pm »

Miss Santiago The III looks rather upset at first but as she sees the feast she....smiles happily shaking in her shoe's her ears twitching in excitement and she runs to get something to eat.
"Fantastic I'll let them get away with the lack of parade at my glory if this is their offering for the glory of Santiago is eternal."
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2016, 11:20:10 pm »

The bat-gargoyle freaks out, and shakes uncontrollably, spilling their teaspoon of rice. "O-oh golly, oh gosh, oh no..." They attempt to wipe the rice off their vest, and end up smashing their plate, and look at their food in despair. It is now everywhere, all over them, and the table. Albeit, it isn't very much, but they were hungry, and this upset them quite a bit. They seem to be about to cry, orange liquid welling up at the corners of their eyes.
"Hey, hey, don't worry about it, it'll be all right...Here, you stay there, I'll get you some new stuff..."
Sigtext

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2016, 11:22:45 pm »

Suddenly, a tall, armored man strides over to the buffet, armored joints creaking with every step. His presence is ominous, as if he was already a deadly warrior. This is not helped by the fact that he also seems to be a humanoid dragon. His armored boots take the shape of draconic feet; under the part of his helmet that covers his eyes is a frowning, green snout. And of course, the most obvious is the two small wings protruding out of his back, just between them being a scary-looking lance.

He walks up to the buffet and begins carefully piling various spicy foods on top of it. After what seems to be a moment's thought, he also grabs a cupcake.
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2016, 11:23:26 pm »

They don't respond, other than crying more, orange tears streaming down their face. The liquid sizzles when it hits the table.
When in doubt, use puns.
that's pretty gay

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2016, 11:25:27 pm »

The boy returns with a replacement plate and a neutralizing agent.
Sigtext

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2016, 11:26:02 pm »

"What, did I startle you?" Her wolflike ears, poking through the hair on the sides of her head, perk up in curiosity, especially when the tears start to sizzle. She sniffs the air inquisitively, though the large, armored figure walking in distracts her after a moment. Her head turns to this other newcomer as she absently tears a chunk of meat off of the slab on the table and presses it into her mouth.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 26