Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 70

Author Topic: Grunts  (Read 132551 times)

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
Re: Grunts
« Reply #930 on: January 03, 2017, 05:42:21 pm »

Spoiler: Dug (click to show/hide)

Duh recovering a little bit mutters to himself. Stand up grunt. There's more work to do. Though maybe having a snack would help..

Eat whatever's around me as a pick me up. That includes the corpses.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 08:55:11 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: January 03, 2017, 05:54:33 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Respawn.

Do I get any points for dying while berserking?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 10:55:05 am by Aigre Excalibur »
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: January 04, 2017, 08:30:58 am »

Crawl into the crater, then provide supporting fire for HC006.
((Can't believe I somehow completely missed that turn. Ah, well.))
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: January 04, 2017, 02:17:10 pm »

Spoiler: HC006 (click to show/hide)
Find an entrance to the ziggurat. If that fails, seize an auto gun. Shoot things that get near me.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: January 06, 2017, 03:39:51 am »

Battle 3: Round 11

These maps are start of round. I'll post them at the bottom with end of round info.
Spoiler: same map with tt tags (click to show/hide)

Brick 1
(so the name from earlier do I get that at the end of the mission or now same with the class)

Laughing a bit from the excitement I pull myself up onto the ledge. Noticing my missing leg and the amount of blood being lost I pull off my mask and eat my gum before trying to stop the bleeding. If it works or not lay back and have a little rest.
(5) You sit atop the ledge and watch the battle roll by for a minute, chewing on your gum. Your leg is no longer bleeding, which is nice. You see an entrance into the interior of the ziggurat one level below you, a few dozen yards away. it is being manned by two of The Other GuysTM

Spoiler: Re002 (click to show/hide)

fuckfuckfuckfuckholyfuckingshitfuck

I brace myself for anti-brick fire if I land in a new brick. If I start with my platoon already, retry the whole suppressing fire gig.
At the bottom of the post, I put a section called "instructions for next round." Usually you will find information about how you return to the battle there.

You join the platoon at the edge of the clearing and start shooting at places that look like they want to shoot at you. (1) Your weapon makes a weird beeping noise. "Refill toner." The fuck is toner? You push the manual rest. it'll take one round for the gun to reboot. Meanwhile, The Other GuysTM are mounting a counter offensive against your location.

"Dammit."
Now that my cover's been spoiled, charge that tower and throw in my incendiary.
(1) Your incendiary explodes barely after you let go. (2) you are now !!BURNING!! You've got 2 turns before you are thoroughly barbequed.

Stay down and fire at the Other GuysTM
(3) you manage to make the guys in the guard tower take cover. Which is more than you can say for the guy on fire over there.

Respawn.

Do I get any points for dying while berserking?
No, but you already unlocked berserker class, so respawn as that if you want. essentially, you get a +1 to a specific set of actions while berserking, and a -1 to everything else. the berserk will last 2d6 turns (write that down), after which you will be exhausted. the specific actions you gain bonuses for depend on the type of berserker you want to be.

Or you can be whatever other classes you have unlocked.

Brick 1 Death Rolls
I'm just going to roll one die and see if anything bad happens, since you guys are pretty fucked up as it is.
(6) You all survive this round, though that one guy is on fire.

Brick 3

Ignore the bat-monkeys and jump towards the last working autogun
(1) you hop right into the melee battle that HC has been in for the last few turns. A guy swings the back end of his laser at you.

Crawl into the crater, then provide supporting fire for HC006.
((Can't believe I somehow completely missed that turn. Ah, well.))
(5) you open up a hole between HC and the ziggurat. You kill a guy! This crater is comfy, and provides a light amount of cover.

Find an entrance to the ziggurat. If that fails, seize an auto gun. Shoot things that get near me.
There is a guy directly between you and the ziggurat. Suddenly, his head explodes. And Lo! right behind him was the main entrance to teh ziggurat! it's open. It's wide enoug hto let two jeeps pass with ease. You run that way. everyone must already be out on the battlefield, because this room is empty. There are some stairs in the back though, going up and down.

Brick 3 Death Rolls.
(5)(1)(1)
Zii jump kicks a guy in the face and hops out of dodge, following HC toward the ziggurat.
Hat's cover takes most of the impact from an expplosion, but he still recieves a serious wound
similarly, HC gets shot by a guy at the top of the stairs. his armor absorbs most of the blow but he still gets a serious wound.

Brick 4

"That's right, boys. Just stick with me."

Totally ignore the fact that both of my legs are broken and run full speed toward the enemy compound. Shoot at a door or whatever until it ceases to be a door or whatever and becomes an access point.
Broken woulod count as maimed, so they aren't that. but yeah, it hurts like hell to run on them. (5) you Kick in a mansized door and start shooting.. the only guy in there gets splattered across the back wall of the room. there is a door in the back wall, and throug hit you see a hallway running left and right. (6) your two new grunts rush ahead and take up positions beside the door. Make a note for me that you have two grunt meatshields would ya?

Spoiler: Dug (click to show/hide)

Duh recovering a little bit mutters to himself. Stand up grunt. There's more work to do. Though maybe having a snack would help..

Eat whatever's around me as a pick me up. That includes the corpses.
(3)You gag a little at the thought of eating corpses of sapient beings. You monster. You remove your Backpack and start rifling through for some rations. Your shaking fingers slip when you try to tear the package open though.

Hole is open. Doors are open. Inside doors are bad guys. Bad guys make noises.

Therefore, shoot the noise.
(1) You squeeze the trigger. -Click- better reload, and fast!

Brick 4 Death Rolls
One of OCe's grunts gets shot at from the hallway. his cover absorbs most of the shot, but he receives a serious wound.
Everyone else soemhow manages nto to die this round, though Yo's fumbling with his weapon seems to have attractd the attention of whatever it is that is making those noises.

Instructions for next round
Newcomers will arrive at the edge of the clearing closest to their platoons: 1 to northeast, 3 to east, 4 to southeast.

Platoon 3 has entered the ziggurat! get some more people in there to back them up!

Platoon 4 has entered the ziggurat! get some more people in there to back them up!

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: January 06, 2017, 04:09:19 am »

Respawn as berserker. Leave pants behind, carry an axe and a pistol.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: January 06, 2017, 05:02:05 am »

Pull gun and shot the guy above the stairs
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: January 06, 2017, 06:30:01 am »

Well that was a nice break to watch the destruction time to get back to adding the fire

Cook the guards at the entrance then enter
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: January 06, 2017, 11:12:08 am »

Crawl forward while firing intermittently at the enemy
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: January 06, 2017, 02:49:18 pm »

Stop drop and roll towards some water.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: January 06, 2017, 04:01:58 pm »

"Tacticool as fuck. Now that's what I'm talkin' about, buys.
Forward, men. I'll cover you."

Use sweet-ass Pointman powers to get a feel for the layout. Provide suppressing fire so my grunts can move up.

Quote from: Grunt 1
Spoiler: OGnt001 (click to show/hide)

Try to not die. Move forward.
Quote from: Grunt 2
Spoiler: OGnt002 (click to show/hide)

Chew Resin. Shoot the Other Guys™.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: January 06, 2017, 05:15:02 pm »

Swing gun at noise.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: January 06, 2017, 09:12:35 pm »

Hey wait... I'm a Corporal right? Let's get some of that sweet lower grunt action going over here. Have them kill the guy shooting at us on the stairs while I pile up the dead grunts and backpacks as makeshift sandbag walls around the entrance. We ought to build a forward command base for our strike into the ziggurat. Call a medic if I have time. 
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: January 07, 2017, 12:00:26 am »

Spoiler: Re002 (click to show/hide)

Are you fucking serious? What the hell is toner used for in a gun? What even is toner? Damnit!

Duck and search for cover as I mess with my goddamn gun.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: January 07, 2017, 12:49:44 pm »

Who is missing this round?
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 70