Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 70

Author Topic: Grunts  (Read 132701 times)

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
Re: Grunts
« Reply #900 on: December 23, 2016, 09:58:05 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Stay on airboot. Shoot gun at Ziggythingy.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: December 24, 2016, 01:19:25 am »

this post tragically lost. sry
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 02:24:55 am by Egan_BW »

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: December 24, 2016, 02:04:40 am »

Head to the upper middle guard tower and toss in the incendiary grenade.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: December 24, 2016, 02:53:57 am »

Spoiler: CW005 'K' (click to show/hide)

"HAH! My deaths are even successes!"
Jump up onto the closest autoturret, then throw a large ballistics unit down its barrel.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: December 24, 2016, 03:08:08 am »

Spoiler: Dug (click to show/hide)

Jump out of the pond and while I still look like a swamp thing from hell, kill everyone in the guard tower. Horror movie style.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 03:11:08 am by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: December 24, 2016, 08:58:51 am »

Gain Wings to fly if that isn't possible just the ability to jump really high.

Charge towards the distracted guard tower and unload my gun on it.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: December 26, 2016, 03:44:07 pm »

"Situation Report from 3rd platoon, [insert unit here]. Enemy compound breached and assault on central structure underway. Over."
A perfect excuse to not charge in, but charge in anyway. Keep a wide berth from the surviving autogun, though.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: December 27, 2016, 02:35:42 pm »

I'm probably not going to update until late Thursday, you guys. Hang in there, I'll be back to it soon.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: December 28, 2016, 07:02:32 am »

While still foaming at the mouth, attack all the other guys with everything at hand!
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: December 30, 2016, 09:42:22 pm »

Battle 3: Round 9
As promised, I am updating late Thursday Friday
'<.<
'>.>
'<.<

These maps are start of round. I'll post them at the bottom with end of round info.
Spoiler: same map with tt tags (click to show/hide)

Brick 1

Get up and start running towards the objective.
(2) You run over and start carefully climbing over the debris of the fallen guard tower.

Charge to the south and RIDE TO GLORY CRUSHING ALL IN MY PATH. If I see anyone carrying a sword take it from there corpse
(1)your mount is becoming intractable. It rears and starts writhing and bucking below you. (5) on the plus side, you get body slammed onto the ground pretty hard next to a reasonably intact corpse, when you are dragged skyward again, the corpse is stuck to you by the belt. It's got a sword on it's hip, so ... yay?

While still foaming at the mouth, attack all the other guys with everything at hand!
Berserker perk, eh? Well, when this fellow finally dies, you'll gain that class. If he dies. if not, well, we'll see. (6) Hell yes. You are still seizing, but you manage to jerk your spasmodic body to attention and throw yourself all willy nilly at the nearest group of the Other GuysTM. You kill a guy. You are now in berserk mode, and risk death each round from it. You have a 1/6 chance of dying from your seizure, and a 1/6 chance of coming out of it.

Head to the upper middle guard tower and toss in the incendiary grenade.
(2) suppressing fire from that tower causes you do dive for what little cover the open, muddy ground can offer. "Think like a corpse. Tey won't shoot at corpses, will they? Think like a corpse, think like a corpse, think like a corpse."

Brick 1 Death Rolls
(1)(6)(4)(4)
Sn003 is shot down while climbing the wreckage of a guard tower and dies.
KH008 somehow manages to bring his rebellious mount under control. You have earned a name! Something on the lines of "SnekBoi." You also Get the CP: "Mount THIS!" and will unlock a cavalry class at the end of this mission.
you other two don't die this round.

Brick 3

(4)(5)(6)(6) The enemy is in disarray. You guys will get one bonus action next round.
Finish charging across the field and smack someone in the face with my bat. It needs to taste blood. Use my extra action to keep the enemy scattered, attacking multiple targets and firing my carbine from my other hand. If nobody is available to receive my bat, join up with platoon 4.
(1)(2) Good Lord, man. You are surrounded by the Other GuysTM, and swing wildly while firing your carbine, missing literally everything. Your bat shorts out, and needs a single round to recharge. So next round it is unusable, but after that it will be.

Call for Medic. Supply covering fire. When patched up, head through fence

((Do I have the sniper perk yet?)
((You haven't actually hit anything yet. and you need to unlock shooter before unlocking sniper, but at the end of this mission you can have shooter class.))
(2) The nearest medic glances up from the guts he is unceremoniously jamming back into a fellow Grunt, shakes his head, and gets back to his field surgery. Or turkey stuffing. Whichever.
(5) You do manage to suppress some enemies though. I'm gonna go ahead and say that you manage to keep the group surrounding HC006 from really going to town on him this round. He still gets a death roll, but with a +1 to succeed.

"Situation Report from 3rd platoon, [insert unit here]. Enemy compound breached and assault on central structure underway. Over."
A perfect excuse to not charge in, but charge in anyway. Keep a wide berth from the surviving autogun, though.
"Roger that. Get inside the structure. and find the control room. We have reports of some kind of war beast breeding room on the lower levels, underground. So watch out for that."
(2)Just as they finish speaking, you start to charge forward. The ground in front of you explodes in a geyser of dirt, mud, steam, and bits, throwing you back and on your ass. That was a rather short charge indeed.

Gain Wings to fly if that isn't possible just the ability to jump really high.

Charge towards the distracted guard tower and unload my gun on it.

Hmm. wings? Hmm. (1) nooooooooooope. You develop a fear of heights. But, your legs thicken and bend, providing launching power. You can jump straight up about twenty feet, or forward about ... fifty. Make sure to mark the fear of heights. It doesn't affect your jumping - just when you are above that height.
(6) you put a lot of holes into that guard tower. And now the batthings are swarming toward you!

Brick 3 Death Rolls.
(5)(3)(3)(3)Our resident bat boy stands untouched in the midst of his enemies, while the rest of you receive serious wounds from laser fire, explosions, and mad monkeybats.
Pork002's serious wound combines with his previous wound to maim him.

Brick 4

Stay on airboot. Shoot gun at Ziggythingy.
Ziggythingy? The ziggurat is the building you re on. It's like a stepped pyramid. It's made of something like thick stone.
(2) the ride is rough and you go tumbling about halfway to the top. Eh, you land in the boat, anyway.

"I can fly!"

Drive that airboot clear onto the roof.

(Are these guys even still in my squad? CW is dead and respawned, and Dug is left in my dust.)
Technically they are, or at least Dug is, but yo uwon't really be able to comand them from your current vantage point. You don't need to track them if you don't want. When you get onto stable ground again, you can recruit another fire squad if you want.

(3) you steer toward the top, but aren't quite successful at getting there, before you hit the edge and launch into the air on the other side. This is a real Duke Boys moment, you, flying off the Ziggurat at a 45 degree angle, The Other GuysTM, standing along the walls and staring, some of them even throwing their hats down in frustration, a lone basset hound baying from a window. You shout YeeeeeeehhaaaaaaaaaW! But you don't find the dixe horn, so that kinda ruins the mood just a little.

"HAH! My deaths are even successes!"
Jump up onto the closest autoturret, then throw a large ballistics unit down its barrel.
I didn't intend for cyborg to be a running class -it was a one time thing for ol limbless, but whatever. From here in, you get one cybernetic enhancement per clone until more cyborging is unlocked.

(5) You dash across the field like her husband came home early, and has a fondness for daggers and torches. You throw yourself up onto the autogun, drop a grenade into the barrel, and run back the other way, as if the angry husband found a shortcut. The Autogun explodes, killing everything nearby. the blast knocks you off your feet, but you roll upright with ease.

Spoiler: Dug (click to show/hide)

Jump out of the pond and while I still look like a swamp thing from hell, kill everyone in the guard tower. Horror movie style.
(4) you climb the tower, crawl through a window, chiucking a guy out to his death and stand slowly, a long knife in each hand. The natives are impressed.

Brick 4 Death Rolls
(3)(3)(1)(5)The two of you in the boat are seriously wounded when your boat finally lands and flips over. the boat, sadly, is totalled as well. CW005 loses one layer of armor, and Dug is untouched, eyes filled with murder paralyzing his victims for this round.

Instructions for next round
Newcomers will arrive at the edge of the clearing closest to their platoons: 1 to northeast, 3 to east, 4 to southeast.

[/quote]

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: December 30, 2016, 09:52:57 pm »

Rejoin my platoon, run towards the objective. Don't get shot.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: December 30, 2016, 09:54:11 pm »

(FUCK YES)
Charge at the middle top guard tower and kill all inside WITH FIRE AND SWORD.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 12:21:13 pm by killerhellhound »
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: December 31, 2016, 12:02:11 am »

Oh, sorry. I don't quite understand the "one enhancement" part, though. So for now I'll just stick with what I already had and I'll edit my post and action as needed once I have more information.

Find a window high up on the ziggurat that I can reach, smash it open, throw in 2 regular grenades, and retreat after memorizing the location of the smashed window.
Wonder what I need to do to requisition a grappling hook.

Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: December 31, 2016, 12:05:00 am »

Yell for Medic. Again. Take the time to shoot the OtherGuys in da face! If i can. Otherwise just lay there and think about how chicks think soldiers are hot

Hey! Porkins had no other wound!

NVM, he's got a new wound. Yey.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 12:07:22 am by LordPorkins »
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: December 31, 2016, 01:11:02 am »

Spoiler: Re001 (click to show/hide)

Provide suppressing fire, try to make the enemy stop shooting at me.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 70