Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 70

Author Topic: Grunts  (Read 133001 times)

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Grunts
« Reply #720 on: November 15, 2016, 11:53:15 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Eat Ice-Cream Flavored Artificial Non-Dairy Frozen Yogurt Substitute.

Keep looking for seizure meds.

And/Or Find a doc and ask for a more permanent fix.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 10:52:16 pm by Aigre Excalibur »
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: November 16, 2016, 09:27:03 am »

Spoiler: HC005 (click to show/hide)
I took my maiming in the arm, so I get a cool cyborg replacement for it. Can I call my flyswatter Cp patch an... exterminator patch?
Also, devour my icecream.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: November 16, 2016, 09:48:20 am »

SHOOT DA TINGS!
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: November 16, 2016, 12:36:47 pm »

Eat ice cream, congratulate Dug on the naming!
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: November 17, 2016, 04:19:40 am »

I took my maiming in the arm, so I get a cool cyborg replacement for it. Can I call my flyswatter Cp patch an... exterminator patch?

((I would think that flyswatter would be more electricity then the flame of an exterminator))
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: November 17, 2016, 04:04:20 pm »

Everyone who posted an action saying they are eating the ice cream flavored frozen yogurt substitute succeeds in doing so. similarly, congratulations and sulking happen as intended.
I'm not sure if I want to start another mission right now or not, as I will be taking about a week off next week for travel. I think I might do another one where everyone is in the same area, so people can slide between platoons again. not sure. what do you think?

Spoiler: OcE006 (click to show/hide)
OcE006's helmet beeps to notify him of a comrade's death. He screams.
"I SAW THAT!"

He runs up the stairs to floor4, ignoring the battle's end, and stabs the guy who killed MG001 repeatedly.
(3) you got a couple good blows in, but failed to kill the guy before you are restrained. ah well. At least he bled. Missing a few fingers too.

Spoiler: Last Failed Action (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: CAH004, Platoon 6 (click to show/hide)
"Oh, it's over? Sweet, I didn't do anything, but I live!"
Pick up a variety of guns at the shooting range at base and attempt to shoot accurately with them.
(3) you fail to shoot yourself in the foot or the eye. A few targets get singed.

Aigre, you get a pacemaker. Note that on your guy. He still has a 1 in 6 chance of seizure per round.

While receiving pacemaker, loot infirmaryfor anti-seizure meds. Smile sweetly at anyone who tries to stop me.
Yeah, no. The quartermasters are a real bitch. They'll bite your head off. You are stuck with that seizure as long as this guy lives. Maimed in the torso, indeed. You're quite lucky to have gotten it down from a 50% seizure chance to what it is now.

Platoon: No bloody idea
Unit number: MG002
Curse the quartermaster.
Use chewed gum to fix the broken gun. Nab some duct tape and reinforce it. Test the gun, and fix it if it falls apart again.
Grab a combat knife. Shine up the boots.

Ask an officer what is my platoon.

Heh. a Sergeant gently removes the broken gun from your possession, chewed gum and all. "Duct tape is for engineers, Grunt. You ain't that fancy." He also refuses to let you ask an officer stupid questions. there might be a platoon reorganization coming up soon anyway. We'll assign you one at start of next mission, m'kay?

Inspire my allies with a rousing victory speech.
(3) "Hey guys! It's Ice Cream flavored!"

Ask for a replacement for my big ass knife. Since my other one is stuck in some worm.
Granted.

CAH004. Your request fr a name is DENIED. However, we are willing to continue to test certain battlefield serums on your line. The ZOM serum was marginally effectual. At your line's request we will test additional serums, one per clone. No, you may not dictate the serum. That's for the eggheads to decide. No, their heads aren't literally eggs. It's a figure of speech.
"Yes sir! Sign me up for the next one!"
"Well done, soldier! That's the spirit. Or the drugs. Jury's still out on whether you lot have souls or not." next mission, make sure t oalert me to the fact that you are the subject of an experimental serum. could be good, could be bad. We'll let RNGesus decide.

Eat the Ice Cream Flavored Artificial Non-Dairy Frozen Yogurt Substitute!, also ask permission to become a lab rat for these serums like CAH004
Platoon: No bloody idea

Eat the Ice Cream Flavored Artificial Non-Dairy Frozen Yogurt Substitute!, also ask permission to become a lab rat for these serums like CAH004.
Ask for more chewing gum. Can't risk running out of chewing gum.

You two also get your names signed up for the experiments. let me know at start of mission, and I'll roll for them, either all together, or individually. Personally, I think all together will be funnier, especially if the effect is less desirable for you guys. MG002 will not be getting a third piece of imitation gum flavored chewing resin. He'll just have to loot the corpses of his fellow Grunts for it, like it says in the handbook. Which, by the way, is written on 100% recyclable toilet paper, for convenience and care for the environment.

you get a prosthetic arm. it's not as cool as a cyborg arm. it only has basic functionality, none of the fancy upgrades ol' Legless the Undying over there got.
As for the patch, like kh says, it's not a flamethrower patch, which is what I somehow ended up giving the guys with the exterminator CP. You can call it bugzapper, or something like that.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: November 17, 2016, 04:10:49 pm »

SHOOT DA TINGS!

((By things i mean the exposed microwave/sonic weapons.))
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: November 17, 2016, 04:12:07 pm »

I'm up for another mission.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: November 17, 2016, 04:14:08 pm »

oh yeah forgot, grab some new big ass knife, mines still stuck in Some worm right now.

((I'm good with another mission. I kinda liked the everyone at once thing.))
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: November 17, 2016, 06:30:54 pm »

Show off fancy new cyborg body but make sure to subtly hint to GIVE ME FIRING COORDINATES IN THE FUTURE, DAMNIT, while I do that. Wait for a new mission.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: November 17, 2016, 07:32:42 pm »

Take the two most overpowered Privates I can find and plop them into my squad.
Find a Grenadier corpse to loot the fuck out of. I can pretend to be a sergeant and hand out grenades to the grunts.

Wonder how an Exterminator and a Pyro are different.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: November 17, 2016, 09:02:48 pm »

Find a Grenadier corpse to loot the fuck out of. I can pretend to be a sergeant and hand out grenades to the grunts.

(Ones a madman with a flamethrower that creeps out his teammates the other is a pryo wondering who stole his spare flamethrower)
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: November 18, 2016, 07:06:35 am »

Platoon: TBA
While the shooting doesn't start again go scavenge a Gun (and a Machine Gun if one can be found) and as much unchewed Gum as possible from the dead. All Your Gum Are Belong To Us!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 07:13:48 am by Maegil »
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: November 18, 2016, 08:54:09 pm »

I see several posts that seem to think they are still on the ground, moppng up after the victory. Let me disabuse you of that, since I think it must not have been clear when I pulled oyu all home after the Command Room surrendered:

Y'all are currently on a Spacecraft Carrier, screaming through the interstellar void at speeds your grunt minds were specifically designed not to understand. You are surrounded by fellow (living) grunts, various veterans, and some NCOs. You've been addressed once by an officer, who promptly left and went into that mysterious other realm known only in whispers as 'officer country.' You've seen a few of those scum of the star ways - the Navy Pukes. But you don't talk to them and they don't talk to you. Except on Dance Night, naturally. Then, everyone is friends. And also Spacemass and SpacEaster. A holiday is a holiday, after all.

SHOOT DA TINGS!

((By things i mean the exposed microwave/sonic weapons.))
... You want me to go ahead and roll this, since you've posted it four times now?

oh yeah forgot, grab some new big ass knife, mines still stuck in Some worm right now.

((I'm good with another mission. I kinda liked the everyone at once thing.))
I already granted your knife requisition, tucked away in the last update there.

Show off fancy new cyborg body but make sure to subtly hint to GIVE ME FIRING COORDINATES IN THE FUTURE, DAMNIT, while I do that. Wait for a new mission.
Heh. Maybe a corporal could recruit you and a spotter/pointman.

the two most op privates would be CW, and either Jag, or a flamethrower guy, or an assault gunner. Jag, because he's been buried twice and eaten once, and has gained a toughness no one else has, the flamethrower, only up close - from a distance they are just a guy sitting on a pile of explosives, and the assault gunner because it eats people for breakfast.
Demolitions guy is good too. as for the difference between flamethrower and exterminator - well, I don't remember exactly, because it's been like, half a dozen updates or more, but I think exterminator was a cp that got awarded for KH for using an electric bug swatter to kill a bunch of bugs, and unlocking the flamethrower class. I could be completely wrongthough.

Platoon: TBA
While the shooting doesn't start again go scavenge a Gun (and a Machine Gun if one can be found) and as much unchewed Gum as possible from the dead. All Your Gum Are Belong To Us!
Now, in light of what I posted at the top of the round, wanna rethink your looting attempt? or you gonna try and pry some cold, dead hands away from the doctors? You will be issued a gun for the next mission, of course, but unless you can somehow beg, borrow, steal, or win some chewing resin from your fellow grunts, your out of luck on that front.

Anyone have any other pressing matters to attend to on ship before the Empire dumps you onto another shithole to earn your ride?

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: November 18, 2016, 08:57:31 pm »

Sn002, ready for duty!
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 70