Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 70

Author Topic: Grunts  (Read 133063 times)

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
Re: Grunts
« Reply #645 on: November 05, 2016, 07:46:35 pm »

Platoon: Lost
Unit number: MG001
Unit type: Grunt
Inventory: Gum. Military backpack. Gum. Helmet. Wait, what?
Health: in one piece.

Chew gum and kick ass. Look for a gun.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 07:49:07 pm by Maegil »
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: November 05, 2016, 08:34:12 pm »

Inventory: Gun*. Military backpack. Gum. Helmet. Wait, what?

FIFY
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: November 05, 2016, 08:57:48 pm »

((If you had paid attention, you might have noticed that it was intentional and I was just adding to the fun. When am I going to have another chance to literally chew gum and kick ass now?))

Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: November 05, 2016, 09:05:29 pm »

((Lol ok. Wasn't sure if you were kidding it if you had just misread. ))
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: November 06, 2016, 12:08:24 pm »

Battle 2: Round 16

gonna group this turn a little differently: by location. that was kinda the point of platoons anyway, and this one is a bit clustery. And a bit fuckery.
anyway, you're action will be found under where you started the round. Reinforcements start in the quad.

Oh For you reinforcements: You are drive up to a wall with three smoking rubble piles along it's top, and a couple of holes blown into it. You enter the quad through a large, busted-ass gate in the same wall.
To your right is a big ol' artillery gun, sticking way up into the air like the planet's dick. This is Artillery West. To the left is a similar phallic nightmare, only this one is boiling smoke, screams, and maniacal laughter, so it's more like Hell's dick.
There are two jeeps in the Quad, and one rammed into the building directly ahead. as in, it is now inside the command bunker. Of the three jeeps, one of the ones in the quad is broken. the other two are functional. all three have functional top guns. The command bunker is four stories tall, and the sound of combat is coming from there.

Artillery East:
Spoiler: OcE005 (click to show/hide)

"WOOP WOOP."
Action: https://youtu.be/WszFinmtEt0
A wise choice. it gives you a fighting chance at not succumbing to whatever is about to happen.
(5) good news is, the heat in your suit dissipates as you run. The 'music' does not decrease in intensity though.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Grunt! Go ahead and charge into that artillery battery. Don't mind that weird noise, it's just the Other Guystm crying in fear! Yeah, that's it.

While the grunt goes ahead on his suicide run, stand far away and snipe any Other Guystm trying to flee.
You heartless bastard. You get a cp: power corrupts. (1) the Grunt takes one long look at you, laughs, and runs for cover, just ahead of the burning abomination that is your very own flamethrower guy. That's a bad sign. (3) well, you know a good idea when you see one, anyway, and turn to run.

Artillery East Death Rolls:
The artillery housing explodes violently. it shakes the entire combat zone: bunker, both artillery units, quad, what's left of the wall.
I'm skipping every turn that I haven't already written, because this was a very big explosion.
Everyone in the quad is automatically and permanently deaf - this includes all the reinforcements who weren't lost. I will roll for additional suffering as well.

(1)Oce005 dies in glorious, all-consuming fire. K/D ratio drops to 3.2. No, the artillery unit doesn't count. That was a failsafe. You triggered it, and could be counted responsible for additional friendly deaths, lowering your K/D even further.
(2)Yo008 is horribly burned, receiving Serious Wounds over his entire body, except his head. (hey, what's a helmet for, anyway?)
(5)Grunt001 manages not to suffer this fate. He's still deafened and bleeding out of the ears and nose.
(5)The artillery shaft itself groans - you can all feel this groan in the ground, though most of you can't hear it - and tilts outward, falling as if in slow motion before landing with a second, earth shaking thud, pointing erotically to the northeast, yearning for the hills and canyons out there, but too spent to fire it's load.

Artillery West:
The whole unit shakes sddenly and violently, throwing you all around, and making action impossible. Of course, that doesn't make whatever this unit was about to do impossible, which means you are doubly screwed.

Artillery West Death Rolls:
(4) fortunately, whatever this unit was about to do doesn't happen this round.
(5)(1)(4)Zii007 is thrown violently into the control panel, smashing his head and getting further electrocuted, sending a sickly sweet smell of cooked flesh into the air. the other two are unharmed, though Tigr004 is temporarily deaf: 0/4 counter. Tick up every round. When it hits 4/4 you will hear again.

Floor 2:
(5) they build the command post sturdy. Everything is thrown about violently, but nothing breaks. Most of the fragile stuff had already been broken

Floor 2 Death Rolls:
(3) Fish009 is tossed into a wall, taking a serious injury. Blunt force trauma. select a location. Oh, and you are also permanently deaf.

Floor 3:
(1) this floor fares more poorly. The whole front wall to the side that the exploding artillery unit was on collapses, along with the ceiling. A good quarter of the building on that side just sloughs off, or down onto you guys.

Floor 3 Death Rolls:
(2) CAH002-zombie is buried under rubble and dies to a combination of forces.
(4) HAT008 is temporarily deafened, but otherwise unharmed. 0/4 counter. Tick up every round. When it hits 4/4 you will hear again.
(5) Ynk005 is protected by his closet and the soft, warm blankets therein. He is unharmed.

Quad:

Find a functional vehicle and drive to where Platoon 6 is.
You're in luck. there's a functional Jeep in the Quad. You get in, back it up from the Jeep it has rammed into the building , and park it.
"Hey everyone, we're here!"

Go reinforce platoon 6 using the top guns of the jeeps as we get close
You hop into the Jeep Sn002 drives. He backs you up, and you take aim. (1)You blow several large chunks out of the wall of the command bunker near the bottom.
"I made a door!"

Quad Death Rolls:
Like I said above, all of platoon 8, unless specifically stated otherwise, are permanently deaf. Don't worry too much though, you'll either die soon or get replacement bits.

Alright, I gotta go through and find your names:
Sn002 (4) you get thrown from the jeep and receive a serious wound.
KH007 (1)sorry bro, you get struck by flaming debris and killed
HC003 (4) You get thrown to the ground and take a serious wound.
CW004 'K' You are deafened temporarily 0/3 counter. when it hits 3/3, you will hear again. tick it up automatically each turn. (3) You are tossed to the ground and receive some serious damage to one of your cybernetic limbs. It's still functional, but will need repairs before long.

huh. those who didn't post this round are outside the wall and far enough away to not be deafened, I guess.

Elsewhere:
um, get healed?

((I have no idea how this ones alive either he just never got a bleed out counter.))
I forgot to tell you guys to heal up between runs, so everyone charged in wounded, except you. you stayed behind to be patched into working condition again. Sit out the rest of this battle to be fully recovered, or come in next round with all your wonds marked [treated] and having some neato adaptive casts on the broken bits. Prickles are removed entirely.

Lost:

Give the worm a bad tummy ache. Shoot randomly until desired results are achieved. Failing which, just fart loudly, defiantly and malignantly.
You're a little lost. The worm never swallowed you, as it was torn apart before it got to you. let's see how badly you got lost. (3) eh .. you hear the sounds of combat, and there's a column of smoke rising into the clear grey sky Over ThereTM.

Inventory: Gum. Military backpack. Gum. Helmet. Wait, what?

(4) well, so much for being lost. You were juuuust outside the wall when shit hit the fan.

Lost Death Rolls:
(3) AIG001 receives a serious wound when the explosion dislodges some rocks from the canyon wall onto him. Oh, better roll seizure: (2) you collapse and seize, aggravating your wounds. (5) it passes this round though, and you don't die. You will be stunned next round though., and unable to act. please post that as your action.
(2) MG001 Welcome to hell. the wall collapses further when the artillery unit explodes, and some of the rubble falls on you, breaking one of your limbs. You are maimed. pick a limb.

Instructions for next round

Those of you who are recording support bug deaths in your h/k stas Support bugs are a minor enemy, so should be tracked separately. Aigre has the right idea.

Everyone:

Quad: one broken jeep with a functional top guin, and one functional jeep with a functional top gun (currently assaulting:
Artillery West: 1/3 hits. Some weird clock thing is doing something. (Currently assaulting: Zormod, Tig004)
Artillery East: Down!
Command bunker: Floor one clear. inventory: one functional jeep with a functional topgun.
Floor two clear. (Currently assaulting: Fish009)
Floor three: Contested. (Currently assaulting: HAT008, Ynk005)
floor four: in enemy hands. Command Room: located.
Captured: One (1) corporal.

Newbies: A temporary command structure is in place outside the enemy compound. Spawn there. Walk in.

I will be handing out a very few names at the end of this mission. Petition me via pm. include action(s) that you think would get you noticed enough for a name. Feel free to nominate someone else as well.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: November 06, 2016, 12:31:48 pm »

Ow. That smarts.
Button the sleeve to the BDU chest pocket button eye so the broken arm won't flail about.
Keep chewing gum and looking for an Other GuyTM to kick their butts. (Since we're at it, also look for a gun). Maybe That WayTM I might find some.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 12:33:36 pm by Maegil »

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: November 06, 2016, 12:38:31 pm »

Gruuuuunt! Gruuuunt! Get me a medic you useless waste of flesh!

Start limping towards the Quad.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 12:43:15 pm by Yottawhat »
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: November 06, 2016, 12:40:44 pm »

So I'm editing my action because as it turns out I completely misread the turn.
This:
1.) Switch to infrared vision and survey the area for hostiles. And determine where I am.
2a.) If I'm near the other wounded people and there are other enemies outside, deploy lasers, and protect area.
2b.) If I'm by myself and there are enemies outside, retreat to higher less-explodey ground, fire small ballistics at them.
2c.) If I'm by myself and there are no enemies outside, switch to regular sight and try firing a large ballistic at the barrel of Artillery West. Try to avoid making the whole thing explode.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 02:19:00 pm by Chiefwaffles »
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: November 06, 2016, 12:47:16 pm »

"Holy shit that was loud!"

Search for another medic. Show them my injury and hope they understand.

Glory to United Forenia!

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: November 06, 2016, 01:54:12 pm »

Drag Tig004 through the fence.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: November 06, 2016, 02:01:10 pm »

Spoiler: HC003 (click to show/hide)

Communicate to my squad mates via sign language that we should join the assault on the command bunker. Join the assault on floor three. Treat the bad guys like support bugs, and gut them via my bayonet.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: November 06, 2016, 02:01:29 pm »

enter the enemy command bunker and aid my allies
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: November 06, 2016, 05:28:41 pm »

((I'm on 006 now, which means I go up to Corporal and unlock a new class, right? Let's unlock Comms.))

Get to floor 1, and establish a connection with the brass.

I have no idea why I chose that, that sounds so boring. For now respawn as point man, and I'll figure out the class to unlock later.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 03:26:15 pm by Egan_BW »

Cahillguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: November 06, 2016, 07:15:15 pm »

Spoiler: Last Action (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Undeath of CAH002 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: CAH003, Platoon 6 (click to show/hide)
Charge up to Floor Four, and shoot as many of The Other GuysTM in the head.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: November 06, 2016, 09:03:56 pm »

(how many support bugs equal a regular kill?)

Charge up the command bunker and help assault the command room.
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 70