Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 70

Author Topic: Grunts  (Read 133309 times)

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Grunts
« Reply #510 on: October 16, 2016, 01:30:39 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Shoot a worm.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: October 16, 2016, 01:31:14 am »

[EDIT]
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 11:25:57 pm by BorkBorkGoesTheCode »

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: October 17, 2016, 02:44:21 pm »

Ride shotgun, enjoy the view. Grab anything useful from the jeep. ((Is a grenade launcher a valid heavy grunt weapon? If it is, how much ammunition does it come with?))
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: October 17, 2016, 05:55:07 pm »

Drive to the action, running over any Other Guys I see!

((Am I still a corporal, and can I pick my squadmates at any time?))
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 06:01:24 pm by vishdafish »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: October 18, 2016, 03:49:44 pm »

no posts today. sorry for the delay.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: October 19, 2016, 08:34:52 pm »

Battle 2: Round 9 part A

Platoon 6

((wow i am not dead))

Spoiler: OcE004 (click to show/hide)

K/D ratio greater than one! Woo!

Fucking run into the base, find somewhere to hide.

I forgot to add bleeding last time. I shall punish myself by assuming that it ticked up last turn.

Thank you for adding the bleeding stat.(1) you gain another tick of bleedout this turn. Make the next turn count. (3) you dive through the hole and run behind a building. You hear shouts of pursuit. You haven't lost them yet, but are out of sight for the moment.

Stick to that wall, and return fire!
(3) you engage in a deadly game of peekaboo with your opponents. at least you are keeping their attention on you, buying some small measure of freedom for your teammates.

I get to live! Gloriously jump out of the way of the explosion and try not to die.
(5) You throw a last punch, turn and dive roll out of the mortar nest, into the enemy base. You end up behind a supply shed when the mortar explodes, killing the mortar crew and toppling the gun. Peeking out, you see the command post across a busy quad. The artillary units are in smaller enclosures, caged in by chain link fences and low concrete walls.

Team Wall Climbers
"You got it buddy."

Walk foward, spewing bullets at the largest group of those Other GuysTM.

((Ozarck, do you want our information being in a spoiler or without it?))
((with, please. makes searching for everyone's posts a little easier.))
(4) you walk down a staircase into the base, firing into the quad in front of the command center. You kill a few of The Other GuysTM, and put a few rounds into a Space Desert Jeep, which fails to explode. You are drawing all the attention - or would be, if the third mortar didn't just go full fireball.

Provide Yo006 with coverage fire
(4) While Yo006 slaughers infantry, you watch for any organized resistance, and shoot at a few guys who were targetting your noisy friend. You off a couple of them, smoke trailing from the ens of your gun and your cigar. It's a good day to kill.

squad Jeep

Drive to the action, running over any Other Guys I see!

((Am I still a corporal, and can I pick my squadmates at any time?))
((you are, and you can)) (3) you drive past Zr006 and crash into the barrier that he was shooting at , smashing the barrier and killing a few of the people behind it. The jeep starts sputtering, and has a decided wobble to the front driver side wheel now, but you can still drive it one more time next round - they're built fairly tough.

Ride shotgun, enjoy the view. Grab anything useful from the jeep. ((Is a grenade launcher a valid heavy grunt weapon? If it is, how much ammunition does it come with?))
no, heavy grunts are melee oriented. You want the Assault Gunner class for that. Feel free to either take that class, or to take a Massive Maul and Heavy Shotgun instead. the shotgun is a close combat kind of weapon - good for indoors or tight quarters - though hell on the ears. (3) you ride shotgun, and enjoy the screams of fallen enemies as you guys crash through a barrier. You hang on tight, having no time to loot the vehicle this round.

Platoon 6 death rolls

Zr006 gets hit by a lucky shot, just before the reinforcements crash into his enemies, and is killed. Would have died, if not for his armor. You live another day, but put a strikethrough over your armor, so I know it's taken a hit.
Fish008  'Head' breaks some ribs and suffers some internal bleeding from the crash. if not for his heavy build, he would have died this round. Take a serious wound[ribs] and internal bleeding [0/3] tick that up every round. First aid won't help. You'll need two turns of dedicated medic successes to stop it.
Yo006 is shot by the Other GuyTM, and is maimed. if you lose a leg, you will be immobile while firing and will require support to move forward. if yo ulose an arm, you'll be unable to fire the assault gun unless it is mounted and braced, which takes a full turn to do. (someone else can make that their action though, so they could mount it, and you could fire it).

So it looks like those character upgrades are starting to kick in, and oyu are living through more bullshit. Well done. War is hell.

Instructions for next round

Everyone: It's gonna be a few minutes for the next part of the turn. please be patient

Platoon 6: You have two artillary units to destroy (3 grenade hits will do), and a Command Bunker to secure. artillary are enclosed in barbed wire cages, and the command bunker has an open quad ( a flat, clear area) in front of it, and a heavy door to bust through.

New people will arrive in a combat jeep with an assault gun mounted on top. Pick a driver, a gunner and a "shotgunner."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: October 19, 2016, 09:18:29 pm »

Battle 2: Round 9 part B

Platoon 8

(4) hey, look at that, you and a small group of fellow grunts manages to kill six bugs by shooting at them together. Well done.

AIG001 gets stung repeatedly by some vengeful wasp monsters. He is maimed. Pick a limb to lose the function of. You're better off than some of the guys you teamed with to shoot the bugs, at least. that one dude's genital

Take maiming wound in Torso.

Yell at nearby troopers to give EVERYTHING THEY'VE GOT!

Use gum on my stings to make em feel better until medic comes or let KH006 patch me up if he gets here.

Maiming in the Torso? You think that's an easier option than arm or leg ... or eyes. It's not. You now have a 3/6 chance of being unable to act in any given round, and a 1/6 chngce of simply dying to your wound. Effective immediately. (5) you are able to fight past the stinging, swelling agony, cough out some whitish fluid, and encourage your squadmates. You begin picking stingers out of your savaged flesh. the gum would be useless, as these stingers are the size of pencils. Check the next guy to see how much you get patched.

(I didnt die)

Patch up AIG001
Get your ass up maggot we've got a war to win
then he can assist me in PURGING XENOS

(edit to be more in character)
You can remove the CP 'first aid' since you are now a medic, if you want.
(5) well hot damn, yo are a fine battle doc! You rush over, yank out several pencil sized stingers, inject him full of antivenom, and slap a stimul;ant patch on him, right in the chest. the swelling noticeably diminishes, and he looks much more lively. He is down to a 2/6 chance of not functioning per round, and the death roll only triggers if he fails the function roll. (Aigre, record it like this next to maimed: 2/6 chance seizure, triggers 1/6 chance death.

Find a medic to treat this rash. Kill some bugs along the way.
S34N1C, I'm fairly sure I've killed at least one of your characters by now. Am I wrong? Remind me of your character history a little, would you?
(6) "Medic" You scream, and lo, one taps you on the shoulder. You expose your uncomfortable itch, and the medic lathers you with ointment. Your rash cools dramatically. Mark it as treated.
(6) you kill (5) bugs while the medic oils you up.

Guuuuyys.
What equipment does the grenadier get?

EDIT: I edited my inventory to include the grenadier inventory as stated by vishdafish minus the grenade I used earlier. I hope that's okay?

MORE STRANGE AND POORLY-THOUGHT-OUT PLANS! MORE!
Be thankful that I didn't die as a result of my plan this time. Find freshest corpse, pick up, put frag grenade inside, take pin, throw body towards closest swarm of support bugs, then run like hell.
(remember to put your platoon up by your designation, eh?) How convoluted. but the "mine the corpses" plan is a tried and true method in warfare, so gain the cp "Rig the bodies." You have the makings of a battle engineer, you do. (4) anyway, you get the corpse primed. Now for the stupid part - the throw. Might have been better to leave it there and run, eh? (1) you chuck it exactly as far as one might expect to throw a 50+ kilo dead weight - not at all. Time to dodge. (1) heh. Time to die. (1) oh my god, I actually rolled for that, and you actually failed at dying. So what happens now is: as you tried to lift the body to chuck it, you realize how stupid this idea is, just as the grenade goes off, shattering the corpse, blinding and deafening you, and introducing you to a world of hurt. Ears ringing, your eyesight returns in a bit, and you lift a hand to wipe your brow, only to discover your arm is off at the elbow. and so is the other one. And you can't feel your legs, because they are both off as well, at the thigh. You are completely deaf, and a quadruple amputee, laying in a pool of your own blood and guts, and that of the corpse you so heroically failed to launch into glory. You don't even get a bleedout counter. You failed to die that hard.

As the worm tunnels towards me dive into its mouth and start killing it from the inside. While laughing like a madman. I mean if it digs like an earthworm it's gotta open its mouth when it tunnels.
(6) You pull your sidearm, hobble forward ot meet the worm's rush, and are swallowed. You begin firing, and are rewarded by the hot feel of innards being exposed and dripping onto you. the worm surfaces as a result, so it is now a target for the others. unfortunately, you hit yourself too - kinda hard to shoot in that environment. take another maiming, and if the worm doesn't die this round, you will have one round left to live. If it does die, you will have to be dug out, and will have, say, three turns. hte worm is 1/3 dead though, so that's good.

Request a grenade, and then hurl it at the nearest worm.

You hurl your grenade, but it bounces off and lands in a hole. it explodes, sending dirt flying, but doing no damage.

((not quite what i meant by dirty look, but thems the breaks.))

Do the worms have eyes? If so, stab them in the eyes. If not, Shoot open a hole in the worm big enough to get a grenade in.
Worms generally are not known for their optical receptors. So no eyes. (2) you have to hit hte dirt when a grenade bounces off the nearest worm , landing in a hole nearby.

Shoot a worm.
(2) wow, everyone is attacking these worms, and every one is missing. In your case, we'll call it exhaustion fro mteh long hike. You close your eyes, wipe your brow, take a deep breath, and get ready to try again.

Platoon 8 death rolls
no roll for Jag005 or CW004, due to hilarious circumstances, so 6 rolls this round.
Bo003 takes a second serious wound - oh, say fro ma support bug bite.
KH006 gets a minor wound in the course of treating AIG001, but his medic roll is good enough that he treats it in the same turn. no damage.
HC002 is tail slapped by the worm he tried to kill, and is sent flying. He is killed by the slap, and his body is further broken by the landing.

Instructions for next round

Platoon 8: You have 2 worms to kill (1 at 1/3 dead), and 51 support bugs at this point. I know, I know, support bugs are OP, and sooooo cliche. But, why mess with the classics, eh? Newbies just jump on in! Jag005 has one turn to live. if hte worm dies this round, he can be pulled out and saved. otherwise he'll die.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: October 19, 2016, 09:25:46 pm »

YOU WORM! IT'LL TAKE MORE THAN THAT TO KILL A JAG!
Keep firing, aim for the heart.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 09:31:49 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: October 19, 2016, 09:28:04 pm »

New people will arrive in a combat jeep with an assault gun mounted on top. Pick a driver, a gunner and a "shotgunner."
Unit Number: ynk005 (platoon 6)
Inv: gun, pocket lint, gum, flask of scotch, nail file
Character Points: "chaplain of the damned" "kung fu priest" "ten yard stare" "Don't get in my way?"
Class: Driver

Drive the friggin' jeep right at the door of the friggin' command bunker! Whilst sitting back, filing my nails and using my feet to drive.

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: October 19, 2016, 09:32:54 pm »

Nope, my first one is still alive.
In the first mission, I tried to dig out Jag004, tried to run away, got my leg shot off, but still lived.
In this one, I panicked in the jeep thingy, got bitch slapped, killed a worm, and now you're caught up.

Also, might I say that ChiefWaffles's section was hilarious. I thoroughly enjoyed reading that.

Shoot more bugs. Shoot worms if they come within range.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: October 19, 2016, 09:33:15 pm »

Fish008 drives the jeep into the metal door of the command bunker, jumping out at the last minute. Hat007 is drafted into his squad. No orders given to him this round, as the best course of action for him is fairly obvious (hopefully).

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: October 19, 2016, 09:49:09 pm »

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Stop moving and start spraying.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: October 19, 2016, 10:04:30 pm »

Remove flyswatter from backpack and attack the bugs!
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 10:43:29 pm by BorkBorkGoesTheCode »

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: October 19, 2016, 10:07:54 pm »

Go patch up Bo003 pistol whipping any bug's that get in my way

My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: October 19, 2016, 10:16:42 pm »

Okay. Not great. Really not great.
Think about how awful that plan was, decide new plan is better. Make the very-well-known support bug mating call using just my mouth. Make grenade from my backpack using my mouth in a very careful fashion. Once bugs come to do some matin'/some eatin', detonate the grenade.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 70