Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 70

Author Topic: Grunts  (Read 133311 times)

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
Re: Grunts
« Reply #465 on: October 08, 2016, 02:12:52 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Play dead, hoping the enemies will think my serious wounds killed me.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: October 08, 2016, 02:22:49 pm »

Ask for grenade, walk up to the open where a sandworm can swallow me, then let go of the grenade inside of them and crawl the hell out of there.
Will it work?
Probably not. At least I'll die being cool.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: October 08, 2016, 03:08:55 pm »

Get among the scattering enemy, start chucking them out through the breach. It's Heavy Grunt time.

((I'll unlock Communications, then.))
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: October 08, 2016, 03:36:24 pm »

Fire my pistol into the worms side.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: October 08, 2016, 08:00:17 pm »

(I'm on clone 5 can I become a medic now)
Patch myself up then get back to purging xeno scum
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: October 08, 2016, 10:52:57 pm »

Ack, I iz dead. Try to think of a way to take out as many of them as possible if they check the bodies. Maybe shoot Fish's grenades? Do the powerpacks for these guns explode nicely?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 01:44:46 am by Egan_BW »

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: October 09, 2016, 01:38:38 am »

Stop bleeding using first aid kit.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: October 10, 2016, 04:07:25 am »

Can I plays?

Platoon: Either one
Designation: AIG001
Unit type: Grunt
Health: Healthy

inventory: gun, helmet, backpack, gum.

character points:
character traits: Sadistic oh so they're achievement things.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 12:58:19 pm by Aigre Excalibur »
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: October 10, 2016, 06:25:40 am »

Can I plays?

Platoon: Either one
Designation: AIG001
Unit type: Grunt
Health: Healthy

inventory: gun, helmet, backpack, gum.

character points:
character traits: Sadistic

Sorry buddy, you don't get to pick your character traits. They're treated more like achievements.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: October 10, 2016, 01:45:30 pm »

Grimly reload and accompany my de-facto squadmates into the breach.
Assess the durability of my heavy-ass gun. If it seems likely to withstand such treatment, remember to use it as a melee weapon in situations where the gun is either unloaded or the risk of friendly fire is too great to just shoot everywhere.

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: October 11, 2016, 04:03:45 pm »

I'll be updating a little bit later today (a couple hours or so). Aigre, you are in .Let's see, make it platoon eight, since they have one fewer players.

Post an action, and your rank is 'Private.' If you want sadistic to be a trait, better start torturing some wildlife.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: October 11, 2016, 04:21:11 pm »

Support assault gunners while they reposition themselves!
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: October 11, 2016, 05:07:57 pm »

Get to that front line, and

GIVE EM ALL WE GOT!!!

(Shoot all the things, try not to die.)

Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: October 11, 2016, 07:55:09 pm »

Battle 2: Round 7 part A

Reminder, especially for our new player: don't post until I've gotten the second part of the turn up, please :D

Platoon 6

Sprint to the third mortar and dramatically trip behind cover to avoid def.
(5) you run right through the danger zone, where the enemy is usually firing, except they are not - or the ones that are are not aiming, or what have you. Twenty yards, ten, five, there! A pile of rocks, and you stumble comically ... I mean dramatically over a loose stone and tumble heroically into a sheltered spot behind the pile. Action movie firefight dodge scene stuff, right there.

Support assault gunners while they reposition themselves!

(3) I believe you are still back away from the wall. not really sure, so that's where I am putting you. You fire at the top of the wall and see a helmet disappear roughly where you were aiming. Someone ducked, at least.

just regroup with the rest of the platoon or at least a part of it.
(6) You arrive just as one of the big Assault gunners comes rolling down the slope of destruction. He bowls you over and lands on top of you. at least the gun didn't land on you, that would have hurt much worse. You are on your sixth guy, so you can unlock another class, or rank up to corporal.

Squad Yoink

Grimly reload and accompany my de-facto squadmates into the breach.
Assess the durability of my heavy-ass gun. If it seems likely to withstand such treatment, remember to use it as a melee weapon in situations where the gun is either unloaded or the risk of friendly fire is too great to just shoot everywhere.

((sure, you and Yowa, if you want :P But that sounds almost intentional. Something like: Don't Get In My Way, maybe?))
that heavy ass gun could probably be rammed through a jeep without noticing much. If you can swing it, you can club The Other GuyTM with it to your black heart's content.
(1) but for now, you go rolling down the rubble slope, back out to where you were. And your gun tumbles off to the side, slightly buried under the falling scree. At least something soft cushioned your fall. "what the? Oh, hello soldier." You say to zii005, or what of him you can see.

"FUCK YEAH!"
Reload and stay with ynk004.

(1) He heads up the scree while you start to reload. He comes down, with what seems like half the mountain, forcing you to stop reloading as you dodge the small avalanche. Man, what a let-down this turn is for the heavies.

Get among the scattering enemy, start chucking them out through the breach. It's Heavy Grunt time.

((I'll unlock Communications, then.))
((comms it is then.))(4) you climb through the breach and come out swinging. You pitch a couple guys out for your teammates who haven't gotten in yet to take care of. it's like a western, without the swinging doors or glass windows for them to crash through. Whooooooooo!

squad Fish

Play dead, hoping the enemies will think my serious wounds killed me.
(2) "Better shoot them to make sure!" Damn ...

Ack, I iz dead. Try to think of a way to take out as many of them as possible if they check the bodies. Maybe shoot Fish's grenades? Do the powerpacks for these guns explode nicely?
(6) you get shot, taking a serious wound and bleeding: 0/3. Your acting, in combination with this, is enough to convince them that you are down for the count. As for shooting grenades - one of the first thing they taught you in Basic Training's Grenade Day is 'don't do that.' The power packs, on the other hand, yes, yes you could rig one to go. Gonna have to be reeeeaaaal sneaky though, or very quick.

Platoon 6 death rolls
Tigr003 gets a cracked rib (serious wound) from his fall into a pile of rocks and rubble.
Zi006 gets what would have been a serious wound from being crushed by a heavy - but his armor absorbs some of the effect. Minor wound instead.
Yo005 takes a sharp blow to the head from falling debris. his helmet and heavy build turn what could have been a maiming blow into a serious wound: concussion. Take an 0/3 counter for potential complications.
Fish007 takes a serious wound from laser fire, while he plays dead. tune in next turn to see if he reacts, or if he can prove he is really dead, so the meanies will leave him the fuck alone already.

Instructions for next round

Everyone: It's gonna be a few minutes for the next part of the turn. please be patient

Platoon 6:Oh heavies ... get up the slope. Oh, you guys who are still outside the wall, someone is chucking enemies at you. may as well tidy up a bit while you're at it.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: October 11, 2016, 09:05:57 pm »

Battle 2: Round 7 part B

Platoon 8

((So I get the CP Indiana Jones?))

Shoot some support bugs. If I'm too far away from the main battlefield, then rejoin the group. 
((you don't have a whip or a fear of snakes yet. you'll need to liberate at least one religious object from the VillainsTM to get that CP. You can have "just along for the Drag" or something like that, though))
(1) your weapon overheats. need to swap out the battery. (3) you are close enough, but the group is in chaos, and are scattered all over, running after worms, running from worms, running from bugs, running into cacti ...

Variety is the spice of life. 1 wound of each kind... except lethal. On second though, I never was a big guy for completion anyways.

Received my promised medic. Use my now prickly gum as bait for some of the bugs. Blast the Bugs as they show up.
Okay, A medic gets there and attempts to patch you up (1) She gives you some ointment for the rash. You try, unsuccessfully, to explain how you got the rash. she seems skeptical. (5) on the other hand, apparently the bugs like the substitute artificial gum flavored chewing resin almost as much as you grunts do. You get a small swarm of them to fight over it and begin picking them off like a teenage boy popping zits. You manage not to mention this analogy to the medic. You take out six bugs this round.

Ask for grenade, walk up to the open where a sandworm can swallow me, then let go of the grenade inside of them and crawl the hell out of there.
Will it work?
Probably not. At least I'll die being cool.
the sergeant stares at you wordlessly for ten full seconds. Hands you a grenade while shaking his head sadly, and pats you on the shoulder before getting well away from you. You hop along on the open sand, trying to make a sound like a worm lunch, but you have no idea what a worm's lunch sounds like. it turns out not to matter though, as one of the worms on the surface comes along, half under and half overground, suddenly opens up his mouth, and snaps you up.

(5) Three seconds later, the remains of the worm come to a halt, and sand slowly settles in along it's ruined sides. You are dead, but that sure was badass. You earn the CP "eat me! Eeeeaaaat meeeee!" Well done, Agent K. You can add 'K' to your designation. be sure to include the apostrophes.

Fire my pistol into the worms side.
(3) you fire a few rounds into the worm before your knife loosens and you fall off. the worm tunnels under ground again. "Oooh, Come back here and fight like an annelid, you spineless, brainless, hermaphrodite!"

(I'm on clone 5 can I become a medic now)
Patch myself up then get back to purging xeno scum
(as for being medic, I usually wait until the sixth character to rank people up, but go ahead. I think you've been gunning for it for a while now, haven't you?)
(3) you stop the bleeding. it takes the whole round though. Remove your bleedout counter.

Stop bleeding using first aid kit.
(5) you stop the bleedout and clean up your nose. You bandage your serious wound so it won't cause more trouble, too. Amrk your serious wound as [treated] for me, please, and remove both status ailments.

Get to that front line, and

GIVE EM ALL WE GOT!!!

(Shoot all the things, try not to die.)

(3) you hit a few support bugs. you kill three of them. Well done. A good start to your military rise to power.

Platoon 8 death rolls
HC001 is consumed by the swarm of bugs he has been slaughtering, and dies.
CW003 is consumed by the worm he was baiting, and explodes. he dies.
Jag005 is maimed when the worm he is taunting flicks it's tail as it passes underground, sending him flying. he lands hard and breaks an appendage.
KH005 gets an appendage bitten off by a saw toothed beetle. this combines with his other maiming to kill him. just after he got himself patched up, too.
Aig001 receives a minor wound[sunburned] from being out in the hot, hot sun. Must have forgotten the sunscreen.

Instructions for next round

Platoon 8: You have 2 worms to kill (1 currently underground), and 79 support bugs at this point. I know, I know, support bugs are OP, and sooooo cliche. But, why mess with the classics, eh? Newbies just jump on in!
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 70