Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 70

Author Topic: Grunts  (Read 133270 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: Grunts
« Reply #450 on: October 05, 2016, 12:15:31 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Try not to get blammed for tackling my superior. If no blamming, infiltrate the base and snipe that godsdamn officer!

((What rank do I have to be to get an MP3 player? Charging into battle with the silliest of soundtracks sounds like a gruntish thing.))
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 12:26:01 am by Egan_BW »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: October 05, 2016, 02:31:32 am »

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Let out a Big No as I see Tigr002 go down, reloading my gun as I do so.

Then stand up and do my darnedest to avenge him, unleashing a torrent of slugs on the approaching soldiers on the wall!
Don't stop 'til the bastards are all dead! Or I am, I guess. Those bastards.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: October 05, 2016, 08:32:52 am »

Appear. Curse the limp dicked peter puffers for not blowing shit HARD enough. Shoot the Other GuysTM.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 10:19:56 am by SaberToothTiger »
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: October 05, 2016, 10:17:18 am »

Forgive OcE004 for his disobedience, and dig a hole (with my helmet) under the electric fence.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: October 05, 2016, 11:48:31 am »

Charge through the breach and get stuck in!

((Which of the currently known classes are low-tier? Other than the 'infantry' ones, which were unlocked with Antibrick Takedown.))
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: October 06, 2016, 08:26:30 am »

HEY! That's my knife yah bastard!
draw my pistol and chase after the worm. I will get that knife back or die trying.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: October 06, 2016, 08:17:22 pm »

((I think the tunnel rat class should lose their grunt gun when they level up. MidnightJaguar could keep their gun with some handwaving about battlefield salvage.))
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: October 07, 2016, 06:47:51 pm »

I attempt to fire upon a worm from my position using my gun, if one is within range.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: October 08, 2016, 10:24:07 am »

Battle 2: Round 6 part A

Platoon 6

Appear. Curse the limp dicked peter puffers for not blowing shit HARD enough. Shoot the Other GuysTM.
(2) "I'm so HARD! I'm gonna blow your limp dicks, and puff your peters! Wait, shit. That's probably not what I meant!" Your insults and your aim are off. You amuse the shrubbery and shred the cacti.

Squad Yoink
((these guys aren't technically a squad, but they are all amassed atteh same spot, so for convenience I am writing them together.))

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Let out a Big No as I see Tigr002 go down, reloading my gun as I do so.

Then stand up and do my darnedest to avenge him, unleashing a torrent of slugs on the approaching soldiers on the wall!
Don't stop 'til the bastards are all dead! Or I am, I guess. Those bastards.
Your your rage is palpable, your anger driving yo to acts heroic, and maybe a tad foolhardy. see below for more. You gain the Ten Yard Stare CP.

Start spraying bullets at the OtherGuystm.

What's this? TWO assault gunners at the same location? neato. (3)(6) The two of you stand, shoulder to shoulder, and spray your load all over the enemy's breach, the wall, and everything else nearby. A dozen of The Other GuyTM go down, hard. This position is secure as fuck, for a few moments. But you both have to reload after this round.

Charge towards a enemy, try to use it as a human shield
This turns out to be a really bad idea, as two assault gunners are firing in full auto right into your path. (2) You probably should have stayed still. Yeah. Well, this corpse will stay still now. Unless someone moves it. You get an achievement: friendly fire: victim.

Charge through the breach and get stuck in!

((Which of the currently known classes are low-tier? Other than the 'infantry' ones, which were unlocked with Antibrick Takedown.))
all the current ones except chaplain, kung fu zealot, and demoman are low tier. You could unlock chaplain or demoman though, and you could unlock a class I haven't defined yet, if you have one in mind.

(4) You wait for the assault gunners to blow their load, and then dash into the breach and climb. You peek up over the wall to see the enemy scattering and covering. You're in it now. Go get 'em!

squad Fish

Forgive OcE004 for his disobedience, and dig a hole (with my helmet) under the electric fence.
it wasn't exactly disobedience, but sure. "I'm not mad, bro, really. here, hold this." You say, handing him your military issue spade as you kneel next to the electric fence, helmet in hand. (1) you begin scraping at the hard, dry dirt. It is slow going, until you brush up against one of the charged wires, blowing you backward twenty feet and sending your helmet flying. ouch. That smarts.

Try not to get blammed for tackling my superior. If no blamming, infiltrate the base and snipe that godsdamn officer!

((What rank do I have to be to get an MP3 player? Charging into battle with the silliest of soundtracks sounds like a gruntish thing.))
You just need to know a guy. The quartermaster or a procurement rat or a weasel - you know the type: the guys who get away with shit all the time. I suppose at corporal you can requisition one personal item. Through proper channels and everything.

So, you read that there is a big-ass electric fence with barbed wire between you and the camp, right? No infiltrating for you! (6) you do get a visit, after Fish electrocutes himself, from a guy with a fancy hat. he's right up near the fence, coming around the end of one of those tin sheds. His eyes go wide when he sees you and he blows a whistle, just before you blow his whistle clean off his face. And his face clean off his head. You are about to have company. best put on the tea and set out the biscuits.

Platoon 6 death rolls
Fish007 'Burn' has acquired the burnt status, at 2/3, having nearly killed himself on an electric fence. He is also maimed, and I'm calling it an arm, charred beyond recognition.
OcE004 Takes a hail of return fire after shooting a guy in a fancy hat, and gets maimed as well. these guys are in the drink now, fellas.
Zii005 takes friendly fire from two assault gunners as he runs between them and their target. He ded.
Hat006 takes a serious wound from some falling rubble as he comes to the top of the wall. (5) bad bruising, a cracked rib - no additional status effects.

Instructions for next round

Everyone: It's gonna be a few minutes for the next part of the turn. please be patient

Platoon 6:try not to run ahead of assault gunners when they are assault gunning. similarly, you assault gunners need to reposition now. Get to the top of the wall. As for Squad Fish ... nice knowing you guys.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: October 08, 2016, 10:55:50 am »

Battle 2: Round 6 part B

Platoon 8

Ask for grenade, cook it just long enough, throw it into a swarm of bugs to hopefully explode mid-air inside the swarm.
Sorry in advance for getting a one and exploding everyone around me.
(5) well done. You take out 10 bugs with a well timed grenade. Bits and pieces of the bugs arc out from the explosion like a gruesome flower style firework, and rain to the ground in a patter and splatter of insectoid death. That unlocks you the grenadier class for yuor next character.

"You really live up to that CP, neh?"

This was pretty much my plan all along. And wow, how am I completely unscathed? RNGeesus smiles upon me (inb4 I get a 1, suffer a horrible injury and then die)

Climb up to the worms mouth, chuck the 'nade inside and gtfo!
(5)  I won't insult you by giving you the CP: Jar Jar's own luck, but it's tempting. You pull an Indiana Jones (much better, right?) and drag your self right up[ to the beast's fore end,  hang on by one hand, pull the pin with your mouth, and hurl the thing in, then drop and roll, covering your ears and curling up. A deafening THUMP later, and the satisfying feel of hot flesh and blood covering you in thick chunks tells of your success!

Go patch up Bo before he kills himself
He is three turns out (having ridden a rampaging worm a distance from the main battle before falling off) and you don't know where he is or what he is doing.

Guessing that H001 = HC001 and that I got a Serious wound.

Stand my ground! Use gummed gum to deprickle my prickles. Use other hand the fire gun at anything that comes close to me. If unsuccessful at first aid, call a medic.
((yeah, H001 was you. my bad.))You deprickle your prickles with your gummed gum. Your gummed gum now gains the status: prickly. Might want to wait a while before chewing it. You lose the status: prickled, and hte minor wound that goes with it. Clever use of the gum there.
(5) you shoot down two bugs while removing your burrs. You are a regular bad ass this round.

HEY! That's my knife yah bastard!
draw my pistol and chase after the worm. I will get that knife back or die trying.
(6) you catch up and grab hold of your knife. Like Sn001 before you, you get dragged right off your feet, clinging to your knife like it was life itself. You get dragged through a prickle patch and gain the status: prickled: 2/5. this worm really is asking for it.

I attempt to fire upon a worm from my position using my gun, if one is within range.

they are not. your bleedout counter goes to 1/3. you can delete your nose wound. wanna start walking back to the combat?

Platoon 8 death rolls
CW002 attracts the ire of a swarm of bugs, who revenge themselves upon him in a most disturbing fashion.
KH005 and HC001 are maimed this round, KH from being slammed into a rock wall by a worm, and HC from a bug that got to him while he was patching himself up. remind me to send a medic your way next round HC, as you are in bad shape. Or go out in a blaze of glory. Either way. Or, you know, cry and hide behind an Apache Plume. Whatever suits your fancy.
Bo003 takes another bleedout notch, going up to 2/3. getting light headed out there in the desert heat, buddy.

Instructions for next round

Platoon 8: You have 3 worms to kill, and 88 support bugs at this point. I know, I know, support bugs are OP, and sooooo cliche. But, why mess with the classics, eh? Newies just jump on in!

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: October 08, 2016, 11:25:19 am »

((So I get the CP Indiana Jones?))

Shoot some support bugs. If I'm too far away from the main battlefield, then rejoin the group. 
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 11:37:08 am by S34N1C »
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: October 08, 2016, 11:34:50 am »

just regroup with the rest of the platoon or at least a part of it.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: October 08, 2016, 12:52:50 pm »

Sprint to the third mortar and dramatically trip behind cover to avoid def.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 03:23:31 pm by SaberToothTiger »
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: October 08, 2016, 01:44:23 pm »

Variety is the spice of life. 1 wound of each kind... except lethal. On second though, I never was a big guy for completion anyways.

Received my promised medic. Use my now prickly gum as bait for some of the bugs. Blast the Bugs as they show up.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: October 08, 2016, 01:58:49 pm »

"FUCK YEAH!"
Reload and stay with ynk004.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 70