Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 70

Author Topic: Grunts  (Read 133272 times)

Ragenaut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Grunts
« Reply #435 on: October 01, 2016, 10:39:32 pm »

Ra01

I die

(Not really into the game, but thanks for letting me play.)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: October 01, 2016, 11:34:10 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"Fish! That is not stealthy!"
Bonk Fish007 upside his head to keep him from giving away our position with a grenade. Relocate to somewhere farther from where that mortar hit, and see if I can get an angle on that enemy commander.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: October 02, 2016, 01:47:55 pm »

Scavenge for parts in the carrier, with emphasis on finding a medic's kit or comm officer's kit. Sit down and wait. If I'm not in the absolute middle of nowhere like I was led to believe, I shall rejoin the fray, using a grenade from the carrier to bother the worms.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: October 02, 2016, 02:02:37 pm »

Hack. Slash. Kill!
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: October 02, 2016, 03:07:38 pm »

Stab my knife into the worm and start riding it.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: October 02, 2016, 03:21:32 pm »

If I get covering fire from Yoink n' Co. then I shall plant the C4 on the mortars. And then get to cover.
If not, then call the mortars fat cunts. And insult mortarmen's mothers.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: October 03, 2016, 01:36:30 pm »

Welp, hope the medic made it. I appreciate the effort.
Sneak up above the canyon.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: October 04, 2016, 06:18:31 pm »

Battle 2: Round 5 part A

Platoon 6

Head up to Zii005 location.
(4) you make it safely.

Shoot the enemy, I have to buy that demoman some time
(2) you miss. a hail of bullets comes your way in response. looks like this position might not stay safe, as soldiers above are starting to move your way.

Welp, hope the medic made it. I appreciate the effort.
Sneak up above the canyon.
(3) you get up onto a ledge, about two thirds of the way up. You are in a bit of a tricky spot to climb from.

Squad Yoink
Unit Number: ynk004 Corporal Yavoviv  (platoon 6)
Inv: heavy-ass gun, pack, gum, helmet, stuff
Character Points: "chaplain of the damned" "kung fu priest"   
Class: Assault gunner

"YOU, UH, WHAT'S-YOUR-NUMBER, GET READY TO DO THE THING! UNDER THE MORTAR! I'LL COVER YOU!"

Instruct Tigr002 to do his thang with the wall and the C4, then take a step back and sweep the top of the wall (anywhere that enemies could get a shot at us from) with delicious heavy slugs while he gets to work. Keep an eye out for sneaky enemies who aren't ducking and covering, or any sign of the gate being opened.    

((Are we supposed to be putting our sheets in spoilers, now?))
((yah, it helps a little. but no worries if you don't))
(1) well, shucks. You forgot to reload. soldiers are heading your way on top of the wall.

If I get covering fire from Yoink n' Co. then I shall plant the C4 on the mortars. And then get to cover.
If not, then call the mortars fat cunts. And insult mortarmen's mothers.
(6) you brave it, in spite of the odd quietness of the hum from ynk004's gun, and get c4 mounted on the wall below the first mortar, all the while calling the mortars' just the worst names. You spot an opening and head for the second emplacement (6) and get that one set up as well. Fueled by adrenaline and success, you try to run past the gate to reach the third and final spot! (2) and are gunned down halfway across. With your dying breath you whisper "Your mothers are proud of your STDs, donkey fuckers." And detonate your c4, taking down two of the three mortars. You get the character point: Explosive Temper. this is a demoman CP, both for blowing shit up, and for the language. You get a second CP: Opportunity knocks. This CP grants you one use per battle, in which you can take advantage of a weakness in the enemy position, or another opportunity, to make a special action with a good chance at success. (( I gotta get all these CPs into the OP.))

squad Fish

"What the-?!
Fish lets out a silent cry of exclamation, before running from the tentacled fern and throwing an incendiary grenade at it.You pull out a greande and are tackled to the ground. See Egan's turn for more.

"Fish! That is not stealthy!"
Bonk Fish007 upside his head to keep him from giving away our position with a grenade. Relocate to somewhere farther from where that mortar hit, and see if I can get an angle on that enemy commander.
(6) you tackle Fish007 as he pulls out his grenade. The two of you tumble out of sight, and down a (5) long slope, ending up a dozen yards from an aluminum shed within the compound. A tall chain link fence, capped with barbed wire and lacved with electrified wires, stands between you and them.

Platoon 6 death rolls
Tigr002 is already dead, having broken cover one too many times to set explosives.
Hat005 takes fire from the wall, and falls to his death from the ledge he climbed to. Ouch. Your next character can be a corporal, or you can unlock one class. Your choice of type, but it will be a low end class.
Oce004 takes a serious wound from the tumble down the slope into the enemy's back yard.

Instructions for next round

Everyone: It's gonna be a few minutes for the next part of the turn. please be patient

Platoon 6:Tigr set off two explosions, destroying two of the three mortars on the wall. Some of the enemy are heading to the spot some of you are hiding. They will shoot at you and drop grenades probably, so might want to move out. or in - through the breach. Newcomers - same as last turn

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: October 04, 2016, 06:44:13 pm »

Battle 2: Round 5 part B

Platoon 8

Ask my sergeant for a 'nade and try to grapple onto a worm again.
(3) You get a grenade and grab hold of a worm. It moves along, jerking you off your feet and dragging you along. You really live up to that CP, neh?

"JESUS FUCKING CHRIST SOMEONE HELP ME"
Frantically scream for a medic while trying to stop bleeding with my hands.
(2) you fail to stop the bleeding. well, let's see if a medic or KH004 can help. (4) the medic gets you all sewn up after KH stops the bloodloss. the medic gives you, like, the best drugs. you are so loopy ... and now you are on fire, to KILLLLLLLLL!!!! this will last three turns, after which you will either die or pass out. So add a counter: Drug fueled rage 3/3 to your stat and tick it down once per round.

Platoon 8
Designation: KH004
Unit type: Medic
Health: Serious wound
Inventory: Gun, medic bag, Helmet,gum.
Character points Hates bugs, first aid
Rescue CW001 from his own incompetence by patching him up
(4) you manage to slow the bloodloss until a medic can get there and sew him up.

I will be credited for my kills. Put a damn scratch in my helmet. Use my bayonet if I have to. If I have time left, shoot at some worms/bugs n stuff.

(4) you get a decent little mark etched into your helmet. (6) you shoot down a small swarm of bugs in celebration, laughing madly and screaming "An etching for you! And for you, and you and you!!!!!" as you do.

Ra01

I die

(Not really into the game, but thanks for letting me play.)
Farewell. Glad you stopped in. :)

Scavenge for parts in the carrier, with emphasis on finding a medic's kit or comm officer's kit. Sit down and wait. If I'm not in the absolute middle of nowhere like I was led to believe, I shall rejoin the fray, using a grenade from the carrier to bother the worms.

You were dragged a distance away, but you could still walk back to the fight. it will take you [3 turns] to get there. (3) you find a couple of stale MREs and a small first aid kit. You also find a couple of uniforms that aren't noticeably damaged.

Hack. Slash. Kill!
(1) you get your sword stuck in the worm, and it carries it away. dang.

Stab my knife into the worm and start riding it.
(1) likewise, you stab your knife into the worm, and it yanks it right out of your hand.

Platoon 8 death rolls
oooooh. ouch Let's start wit hteh good news. I'll be brief.
Sn001 is generally unharmed, and even retains his grenade as the worm drags him along.

okay, now the other news:
H001, Booo3, and Jag005 all take serious wounds in their battles and rummagings. Bo, gets a bad cut from a serrated edge when he's exploring the damaged carrier. Take a bleedout counter, 0/3
'Sar' Rak001 gets crushed under the worm he is fighting when it turns unexpectedly. Combined with his serious wounds, this kills him.
CW001 and KH004, full of confidence from their near miss, rush into battle and are swallowed by a worm as it comes up from below. That's some shitty timing there. Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Instructions for next round

Platoon 8:regroup! You have 4 worms to kill, and 100 support bugs at this point. I know, I know, support bugs are OP, and sooooo cliche. But, why mess with the classics, eh? Newbies all arrive on the same airboat.
[/quote]

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: October 04, 2016, 07:20:23 pm »

Ask for grenade, cook it just long enough, throw it into a swarm of bugs to hopefully explode mid-air inside the swarm.
Sorry in advance for getting a one and exploding everyone around me.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: October 04, 2016, 07:22:06 pm »

"You really live up to that CP, neh?"

This was pretty much my plan all along. And wow, how am I completely unscathed? RNGeesus smiles upon me (inb4 I get a 1, suffer a horrible injury and then die)

Climb up to the worms mouth, chuck the 'nade inside and gtfo!
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: October 04, 2016, 07:22:36 pm »

Start spraying bullets at the OtherGuystm.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: October 04, 2016, 07:32:24 pm »

Go patch up Bo before he kills himself
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 08:00:07 pm by killerhellhound »
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: October 04, 2016, 07:44:42 pm »

Guessing that H001 = HC001 and that I got a Serious wound.

Stand my ground! Use gummed gum to deprickle my prickles. Use other hand the fire gun at anything that comes close to me. If unsuccessful at first aid, call a medic.

Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: October 04, 2016, 09:18:21 pm »

Charge towards a enemy, try to use it as a human shield
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 70