Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 70

Author Topic: Grunts  (Read 133226 times)

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Grunts
« Reply #420 on: September 30, 2016, 11:27:21 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Follow the doc's advice.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: September 30, 2016, 06:13:26 pm »

Keep on laying down covering fire.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: September 30, 2016, 07:52:29 pm »

Stealthily approach the camp, hoping my squad mate will attract all the attention.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: September 30, 2016, 07:58:42 pm »

Give my new gun a hug. "WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE?!"

Then, lead my droobs onwards towards the uh, the thing, you know, where we're supposed to be going. Find some cover to stop in.
Maybe ask a convenient sergeant for more specific orders, if I see one. Otherwise just lay down some more 'suppressive' fire.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: September 30, 2016, 08:00:24 pm »

Attempt to stop bleeding with worm parts.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: October 01, 2016, 06:37:02 pm »

Battle 2: Round 4 part A

Remember, instructions for the next round will be at the bottom of the turn. everyone be sure to look there for additional info.

Platoon 6

use my advantageous position to locate the objectives, if successful use my military headset to pass the information to everyone I can from my side.
See, now, you are right up against the wall, which is objective one. on top of the wall is a set of mortars, which are objectives two through four. You cannot see them, nor can they see you. but at least, you can hear them. You already know where the mortars are, you just need to get someone to explode them. But you can guide people into your location, so we'll have you do that. (5) everyone gets decent instructions on how to get where you are. They get a +1 on their move action this turn

Follow the doc's advice.
(3) you get a splint on, and some painkillers. You can hobble, and stand to shoot, but it isn't comfortable. You'll get -1 on move actions, dodges, etc. There is a fast acting bone bonder at work, and the splint is almost an exoskeleton, so you can do the thing now. the medic pats you firmly on the helmet. "Up and at 'em, grunt!"

Keep on laying down covering fire.
(4) you manage to hold one of the mortar emplacements down. Only 2 out of three will fire this round.

Squad Yoink
Give my new gun a hug. "WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE?!"

Then, lead my droobs onwards towards the uh, the thing, you know, where we're supposed to be going. Find some cover to stop in.
Maybe ask a convenient sergeant for more specific orders, if I see one. Otherwise just lay down some more 'suppressive' fire.

(6) you hug your still hot gun. "Ouch, don't be shy, baby." Weirdo. You want top lead your guys toward the wall? with the guns on top? along the route that Zii005 has laid out over the radio to everyone? That the sergeant is pointing out right now? So you can put a grenade or some c4 up there and take some enemy emplacements apart? Okay, we'll do that. "Come along, you snotbuckets. This way." Anyway, you are now in a safe little spot right at the base of the wall, with Zii005. The mortars are all to the right, and the canyon wall is at your left. the gate is to the right as well, between mortars 2 and 3.

Get my shit together and back in, then get to cover and lob that C4 at them. Shoot whichever That Guytm survives.

Then follow Yoink.
You .. I'm just going to have you follow Yoink. Now as for the c4. Are you sure you want to lob it? No. No you are not. because that is not how you c4. But, being a demoman, you have a rudimentary training on explosives, so I'll let the terminology slide. With excess snark, mind you, but slide nonetheless. (2) No luck. You can't get into position this turn, due to return fire. Next round, if your squadmates, especially the big heavy one with the submachine gun, can give you covering fire, you can plant the c4 on the wall below mortar emplacement 1.

squad Fish

Stealthily approach the camp, hoping my squad mate will attract all the attention.
(2) some spot lights shine up at the walls. You are forced to take cover behind a sagebrush, and a tentacled fern. the tentacled fern strokes your shoulder lovingly, and pinches your cheek.

Spoiler: OcE004 (click to show/hide)

Shoot someone important.
(3) scanning ... you find someone shouting orders. You shoot, but the shot goes a little wide, and hits a grunt nearby instead. The shouty guy ducks.

Platoon 6 death rolls
let's see. three of you are in a safe position, but are somewhat inneffective there. so no death rolls until you begin to act. the other four, well, we have one mortar pinned, so two mortar shots will be incoming. we have two up on the canyon edge, and two exposed in the valley. A mortar fires at the guys up top, but the shot goes uprange, behind them, by quite a bit. so they must have intel that someone climbed up there, but no idea where specifically.
the other shell hits at the AT-APC, killing hat004 and Yo004.

Instructions for next round

Everyone: It's gonna be a few minutes for the next part of the turn. please be patient

Platoon 6: Yoink, you absorb Zii into your squad, since you, he, and Tiger are all together at the base of the wall. give your demoman some covering fire so he can place some c4 to take down the first mortar (and breach the wall). You guys on top - keep trying. sometimes stealth takes a minute. try not to draw too much attention if you want to live.

new spawns are on foot, having arrived at the smoking craters that were the last two AT-APCs from further back in the valley. You've seen things, man ... ferny things. -shudder-

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: October 01, 2016, 07:00:07 pm »

Battle 2: Round 4 part B

Remember, instructions for the next round will be at the bottom of the turn. everyone be sure to look there for additional info.

Platoon 8

Use the hook thingy to climb on a worms back.
(2) y ourun alongside one of the worms, but can't quite find purchase with your hooks. too bad, worm rodeo sounds awesome.

Get to digging underground near where the worms are, we'll see how the worms like being attacked from below.
(5) you dive into a worm tunnel, just before another worm comes rolling (sliding? undulating?) along above. You fire a full battery worth of laser into its belly. You are rewarded by a sizeable flow of goop, a scream, and sudden daylight as the worm rolls it's injured part toward the sky.

(5) and in it goes! "Fire in the hole!" you shout, ducking painfully into the cacti. The worm's head explodes, spraying flesh and goo everywhere!
No pain, no gain.

Gum my Gum. Put a single scratch on the side of my helmet for the kill. Shoot at the closest worm.

You gum your gum. it's tasteless and hard, but at least it keeps the saliva active. (2)you claw at your helmet for a moment, but can't quite put a scratch in it. (2) and the moment passes and you miss your opportunity to shoot some worms. Awww.

Purge the Foul bugs as revenge for my last clone

Yeeeees, yessssssss. let the hate flow through you. feel it's power. (3) you wing a couple of them, and stomp a snip beetle. More. You demand more! (also, you don't have a prosthetic leg no more. that was the last guy)

Use a dermal patch on my arm, then hail my teammates using the short-range transmitter in my backpack. If I cannot contact them, then I shall survey the surrounding terrain. If no shady spots are apparent, begin walking in a random direction while watching for worms.
no transmitter for you. What do you think you are? a soldier? a communications officer? (4 )well, there is a shady spot over there - looks like a wrecked carrier. it's another turn's walk away, at an angle from the shooting, and from where the worm you were riding went.

"Heck, these bastards are tough!"

Hack&Slash! We're in this kind of rpg, right?
It sure is! (2) the worm rolls his wound away from you, and your hacking doesn't quite find purchase again this time. man, if you could hit that previous spot again, you could tear this sumbich up!

Good Grief! My arm is broken! Cry in pain and shoot at worms! This is much worse than being prickly.
yes. it hurts. it hurts so much. (3) you shoot a worm, and get it turning in a circle. neat.

Attempt to stop bleeding with worm parts.
(1) you stuf a worm pat onto your wound. it hurts like a mofo. You are at bleedout 2/3 now. You earn the character point "chimera first aid." how ominous.

Platoon 8 death rolls

KH004 and Ra01 each take a serious wound, from sandburn, bug bite, and poisonous dandylions.
Sn001, Jag005, HC001, and CW001 each develop a bad rash (minor wound). Good rolls this round.

Instructions for next round

Platoon 8:make 'em open up and get grenades in 'em!

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: October 01, 2016, 07:25:47 pm »

Ask my sergeant for a 'nade and try to grapple onto a worm again.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: October 01, 2016, 07:31:41 pm »

Head up to Zii005 location.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: October 01, 2016, 07:36:20 pm »

"What the-?!
Fish lets out a silent cry of exclamation, before running from the tentacled fern and throwing an incendiary grenade at it.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: October 01, 2016, 08:15:09 pm »

"JESUS FUCKING CHRIST SOMEONE HELP ME"
Frantically scream for a medic while trying to stop bleeding with my hands.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 01:50:46 pm by Chiefwaffles »
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: October 01, 2016, 08:19:43 pm »

Unit Number: ynk004 Corporal Yavoviv  (platoon 6)
Inv: heavy-ass gun, pack, gum, helmet, stuff
Character Points: "chaplain of the damned" "kung fu priest"   
Class: Assault gunner

"YOU, UH, WHAT'S-YOUR-NUMBER, GET READY TO DO THE THING! UNDER THE MORTAR! I'LL COVER YOU!"

Instruct Tigr002 to do his thang with the wall and the C4, then take a step back and sweep the top of the wall (anywhere that enemies could get a shot at us from) with delicious heavy slugs while he gets to work. Keep an eye out for sneaky enemies who aren't ducking and covering, or any sign of the gate being opened.    

((Are we supposed to be putting our sheets in spoilers, now?))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: October 01, 2016, 08:25:55 pm »

Shoot the enemy, I have to buy that demoman some time
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: October 01, 2016, 09:25:05 pm »

Platoon 8
Designation: KH004
Unit type: Medic
Health: Serious wound
Inventory: Gun, medic bag, Helmet,gum.
Character points Hates bugs, first aid
Rescue CW001 from his own incompetence by patching him up
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: October 01, 2016, 10:37:17 pm »

I will be credited for my kills. Put a damn scratch in my helmet. Use my bayonet if I have to. If I have time left, shoot at some worms/bugs n stuff.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 70