Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 70

Author Topic: Grunts  (Read 133180 times)

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Grunts
« Reply #405 on: September 28, 2016, 11:10:47 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Well, that's off to a great start. And no, I will not be climbing any cliffs today. Want me to tell the sergeant you think you have a name?
Call for a medic and help them perform first aid on me to the best of my ability.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: September 28, 2016, 01:18:12 pm »

The worms may be stupid, but if they live in the desert they should at least have some sense for avoiding the cactus, and I happen to already be neck deep in cactus.

Toss grenades at open worm mouths from inside my cactus bunker. Wait for my overheated gun to cool down.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: September 28, 2016, 06:41:06 pm »

Aagh!! my arm is off!! I goad my mount to attack the insects bedeviling me!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: September 29, 2016, 06:29:55 pm »

Battle 2: Round 3 part A

Remember, instructions for the next round will be at the bottom of the turn. everyone be sure to look there for additional info.
Second reminder - the turns will be split into two posts, for ease of access. Platoon six now, then eight. please do not post between my posts.

Platoon 6

Platoon:6
Designation: Yo004
Unit type: Assault Gunner
Health: Healthy
Inventory:gun, helmet, backpack, gum
Character points: Mission: Anti-Brick weapon

Stay on the AT-APC and lay down covering fire.
(4) you make someone duck! Mortars are delayed this round.

Advance towards the enemy weakness
(5) you manage to get right up to the wall, in the one spot not seen from above. Niiiiiice. this, my friend is what we call a 'tactical advantage.'

Well, that's off to a great start. And no, I will not be climbing any cliffs today. Want me to tell the sergeant you think you have a name?
Call for a medic and help them perform first aid on me to the best of my ability.
You call for a medic, and one appears! Wow. (2) you attempt to help, but end up spilling a medkit all over. A gopher runs off with a roll of gauze. "Hold still, moron. we know what we're doing." Next round we'll see if they can't patch you up. Woulda done this round, but you tried to help.

Squad Yoink
Unit Number: ynk004 Corporal Yavoviv  (platoon 6)
Inv: heavy-ass gun, pack, gum, helmet, stuff
Character Points: "chaplain of the damned" "kung fu priest"   
Class: Assault gunner

"Someone who's a decent shot should get up those cliffs, there's a route over there!"

Use my newfound powers of command to browbeat the pointman with the broken leg into climbing the cliff!

Then nab
Fish007 and Zii004Tigr002 and the cacti-lover as my "firing squad", whatever that means. Are we executing people or what?
So long as they're safely disarmed and tied up before being pushed against the wall, that doesn't sound so bad.

Whatever the case, press onwards down the cannon. Loose a volley of slugs at the Other GuysTM to test out mah new gun.

Firing squad is the name of three man groups in combat. htat's juuuust about the extent of my knowledge on the matter, though. Firing squads get assigned a task by the sergeant, and are left to do said task. if there is shooting, the firing squad is supposed to stick together and fire on the enemy as one.

(1) your advancement hits a snag, since you have to go backward to chase down one of your teammates. Fially, you guys are gathered in one place. "Stay behind me. Let's see what this baby can do!" (4) you fire at the wall. cacti, sedgebrush, and creeping maneater vines are shredded uder your fire. the wall gains several pockmarks in a rough line, extending upward as you sweep sidewasy. You kill at least two soldiers on the wall, and get a glancing blow on one of hte mortars. incoming fire is reduced this round as a result. yay! I mean, uh ... 'badass'.

Run towards those guys and lob a grenade/C4/big glob of gum at them (with preference for the former). Then shoot them.
are you healthy, wounded, or maimed? get your shit together, man!

demomen don't get grenades. the c4 on the other hand ... (3) you creep up the side of hte valley to the edge of the open space before the wall. unfortunately, someone sprays some covering fire your way, and you are forced to take cover, so you don't quite get into position to set charges. (2) your return fire is wild and unimpressive.

you are in Yoink's squad now, so try to help him out as you go. work together, or don't. The higher-ups like teamwork, but what am I? Your mother? I think not! Maybe ... no. No. I am sure I am not.

Get on the ground and try to get to that passage.
(6) somehow you crawl right up to the wall, next to the large gate. You are soewhat covered, but you are in a pretty precarious position - if that gate opens, you'll be a sitting duck.

squad Fish

Salute zii004, or at least what remains of him. Agree to OcE004's suggestion of scaling the wall. Hand him a frag grenade, in preparation for the slaughter.

((Thanks zii004! Ok, two questions. Is scaling the wall different from zii004's route? Do I get to pick a new squad member now someone is dead?))
((scaling the wall is a different route, yes. You are climbing the canyon wall to get to high ground above the enemy - zii's route was through the canyon to get next to the wall. You can conscript another squaddie, as long as you can find one.)) (5) the two of you climb right to the top. Wow. These military backpacks even had some climbing gea i them, and your boots had some neat little grippers in the toes. Well, from up here, you get a clear view of the enemy encampment. The wall is the main defensive point. Inside, you see several buildings, pained to look like desert and covered in netting. there are a few vehicles, and some kind of antenna. Looks like you could be spotted up here if you are unlucky, though, and could get shot at from inside the encampment as well.

((Yoink, pretty sure you can't grab a corporal as a member of your squad when you're also a corporal. :P Specially because he's got his own squad, which I'm a part of. >:( Also pretty sure zii004 is dead, but you're free to drag around his corpse.))

Spoiler: OcE004 (click to show/hide)

Salute zii004's brave sacrifice. Of course, I'd do the same in his position.
Recommend to Fish007 that we ascend the canyon wall, so that we can rain fire from above. Regardless of his decision, follow him and protect him with my life, if necessary. Also take potshots at Them Fellers™

((Do any Unit types get binoculars? Seems like a pointman or shooter kind of thing. And I want to be able to conscript a spotter once I earn my own squad. :D))

((Someone does. point men mostly move in advance of a group of soldiers - they aren't lookouts. A scout, on teh other hand, would get some binoculars. Shooters get sighted laser 'rifles', but snipers get scopes with good zoom. hmm. Spotters would certainly get binoculars. I should have the guy who found the enemy weakness unlock that class.))
See Fish' turn for the outcome of your current action.

Platoon 6 death rolls

let's see. I'll roll one die, to see if you get shot at significantly this round at all, due to the covering fire and yoink's exhuberance. (5) the enemy is too busy getting shot at to return any kind of coordinated fire. You all live!

Instructions for next round

Everyone: It's gonna be a few minutes for the next part of the turn. please be patient

Platoon 6: no instructions. Do what you are doing. try not to die.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: September 29, 2016, 07:15:13 pm »

Battle 2: Round 3 part B

Remember, instructions for the next round will be at the bottom of the turn. everyone be sure to look there for additional info.

Platoon 8

Good Grief, I seem to have been prickled! Use my chewed gum to get out the cacti spines.
(4) you get unprickled. I mean, priorities, right?

Spoiler: 'Sar'Rak001 (click to show/hide)

"Its unfazed by gunfire! Get some grenades, men, while I carve its insides out!"

Gut the worm with my sword. Because why the hell not?
(5) you run up to the worm and stab straight in, then slide your sword up in a long arc. the flesh parts smoothly and most satisfyingly. the worm shudders and thumps the ground, opening it's mouth and letting out one of those weird noises. I mean, you didn't spill guts, but it is bleeding pretty heavily. Like, a gross amount of blood.

Spoiler: Jag004 (click to show/hide)

Draw knife, dive into it's mouth, and kill it from the inside.
Oh. My. God. this is either brilliant or stupid. Mostly it's stupid. (1) Very stupid. You fumble the knife draw, dropping it on the ground. and then you fail to get into the worm's mouth. You fall off it's lip or whatever they call them, and land uncomfortably on your back. At which time the worm thumps you flat. you are dead.

Spoiler: Sn001 (click to show/hide)

Shoot them near their mouths to see if they'll open up
(2) you miss. These things are quite big, and pretty close by, but you miss anyway.

PURGE THE XENO BUGS
(4) you mow down some of the bugs harassing the worm rider guy. good for you. and him. or what's left of him.

Ignore wound, run slightly at an angle away from the rest of my squadmates, hopefully focusing the worms on me due to extreme bleeding.  Also shoot some shots at around the worms' mouths if possible without compromising ability to run. Wish I had grenades on person.

(5) you run and gun in true grunt fashio. You get a worm to open wide and let out a long trill. If you want a grenade, call out for either a grenadier, or for your sergeant to hand you one. it's moot for this turn though - the guy below you gets a grenade into your worm. You are splattered by wormpith. just covered in it. You stop for a moment, and shake a hand dramatically, dropping a huge blob of gunk onto the ground. Another blob slowly slides off your shoulder.

The worms may be stupid, but if they live in the desert they should at least have some sense for avoiding the cactus, and I happen to already be neck deep in cactus.

Toss grenades at open worm mouths from inside my cactus bunker. Wait for my overheated gun to cool down.
Yor sergeant hands you a grenade, and you take aim at the one that theguy above you is shooting. (5) and in it goes! "Fire in the hole!" you shout, ducking painfully into the cacti. The worm's head explodes, spraying flesh and goo everywhere!

Aagh!! my arm is off!! I goad my mount to attack the insects bedeviling me!
(60 you send the worm on a frenzy1 it stomps and crushes and runs. You get clear of the bugs, and then clear of the battle. And then you fall off as the worm continues to writhe and twist, trying to get underground without getting sand in it's folds. And now you are alone in the desert.

Platoon 8 death rolls
Ra01 and 'Sar' Rak each get plowed over by a rampaging worm. Ra01 loses the use of a limb - he is maimed. Rak, being a heavy, takes a serious wound instead.
Kh003 dies doing what he loves best - killing bugs. He dies in the worst way possible for him, though - eaten by bugs.

Instructions for next round

Platoon 8: no instructions. as you were. good luck.

Oh yeah: BNew playes for each squad rejoin their current squad in action. Don't forget to increase your unit number when you die.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: September 29, 2016, 07:21:07 pm »

Use the hook thingy to climb on a worms back.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: September 29, 2016, 07:25:43 pm »

Get to digging underground near where the worms are, we'll see how the worms like being attacked from below.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: September 29, 2016, 10:08:54 pm »

Spoiler: OcE004 (click to show/hide)

Shoot someone important.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: September 29, 2016, 11:06:15 pm »

(5) and in it goes! "Fire in the hole!" you shout, ducking painfully into the cacti. The worm's head explodes, spraying flesh and goo everywhere!
No pain, no gain.

Gum my Gum. Put a single scratch on the side of my helmet for the kill. Shoot at the closest worm.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: September 29, 2016, 11:10:28 pm »

Purge the Foul bugs as revenge for my last clone
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: September 29, 2016, 11:26:48 pm »

Use a dermal patch on my arm, then hail my teammates using the short-range transmitter in my backpack. If I cannot contact them, then I shall survey the surrounding terrain. If no shady spots are apparent, begin walking in a random direction while watching for worms.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: September 30, 2016, 06:01:16 am »

use my advantageous position to locate the objectives, if successful use my military headset to pass the information to everyone I can from my side.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: September 30, 2016, 08:34:33 am »

Get my shit together and back in, then get to cover and lob that C4 at them. Shoot whichever That Guytm survives.

Then follow Yoink.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: September 30, 2016, 11:16:07 am »

"Heck, these bastards are tough!"

Hack&Slash! We're in this kind of rpg, right?
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Ragenaut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: September 30, 2016, 11:21:03 am »

Good Grief! My arm is broken! Cry in pain and shoot at worms! This is much worse than being prickly.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 70